jessy73

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Why are many Christian marriages ending up in divorce? It really baffles my mind. Don't know about your country but in my country it's getting worse by the day but there are many weddings going on all the time but many of them don't last.

Is it because Christians are not choosing the right partners? Is it because they married the wrong person? Is it because they were in a haste and didn't seek God's guidance? Is it because the devil is really on their cases? What do you think might be the problem?

Share your thought.

Interesting questions. God's Word serves to help us understand His will. Divorce occurs due to sin.

Ps. 119:105

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

The question was asked of Jesus.

Matt. 19:3-9

3 The Pharisees also came to Him, testing Him, and saying to Him, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for just any reason?”

4 And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made[a] them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’[b] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?[c] 6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

7 They said to Him, “Why then did Moses command to give a certificate of divorce, and to put her away?”

8 He said to them, “Moses, because of the hardness of your hearts, permitted you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so. 9 And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality,[d] and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery.”

Matt. 5:31-32

31 “Furthermore it has been said, ‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’ 32 But I {Jesus} say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.

Luke 16:18

18 Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced from her husband commits adultery.

A woman is not to leave her husband and a husband is not to divorce his wife. (v. 10-11) If a Non-Believer (Unbeliever or Non-Christian) wants to depart the marriage a Christian should grant them a divorce as God has called us to peace. (v. 15)

1 Cor. 7:10-11, 15

10 Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband. 11 But even if she does depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband. And a husband is not to divorce his wife.

15 But if the unbeliever departs, let him depart; a brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases. But God has called us to peace.

Yet is divorce an unpardonable sin? The Bible says no. God hates divorce but he is faithful to forgive our sins.

1 John 1:9

If we confess our sins, He {God} is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Acts 3:19

Repent therefore, and turn again, that your sins may be blotted out,

Because of God's mercy, once we are saved by believing and confessing Jesus Christ, we ask for forgiveness and God remembers our sin no more. In fact He removes our sin from his thoughts as far is the east is from the west. :)

Ps. 103:11-12

11 For as the heavens are high above the earth,

So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him;

12 As far as the east is from the west,

So far has He removed our transgressions from us.

Thoughts?

God bless,

GE

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Many Christians have no fear of God, and so they don't obey God. Their response to any verse that teaches the virtue of the fear of God is to mutter 1 John 4:18, fear is the absence of love. Fair enough, but if they loved God, they would obey God. Those who say they love God but divorces their spouse is a liar.

There is no fear in love, this is true but the opposite should be equally as true. Without love one should fear. Divorce is the absence of love except when righteous judgment demands it (Jer 3:8) then and only then can divorce be done in love.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

Those who say they love God but divorces their spouse is a liar

That is not true in all cases.

Any examples?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

There is only one reason for divorce and it covers both believer and non-believer alike.

Mat 19:8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

In order to divorce another one must harden their heart against the other to the point they would rather be separated than together. It is quite simple. The blame game that ensues afterward comes out of the hearts of the participants.

I speak from experience. My wife left last month. She has hardened her heart to the point that she doesn't have any feelings for me. She betrays herself by her hardness in her actions toward anything I do. Her claim is that I am mentally ill but the hatred she shows in her actions shows her true problem lies within her own heart. I stand at the ready, commanded by Christ to forgive and receive her back unto myself. May God have mercy upon her and grant her repentance to the acknowledging of the truth.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

Hi

your not alone i can relate to what you have shared but i have a question for you will you forgive her even if she is with some one else my x wife and me are very good friends my x wife is married and we often keep in regular contac with each other due to our son who is only 15 yrs old

a lot off it was my fault also when your out off work and under the same roof tempers tend to flare that does not help i get on with her new husband who use to be a youth pastor my son goes to hill song and he enjoys the youth group and has made some good friends

at first i found it hard to get on with her new partner thats just being open and honest deep inside i wanted to hurt him as my son know has his family name not mine even though he is my son i had no say they get on well i had to give the anger i had over to god and slowly god helped me get on with my x wifes husband their have been times were i have prayed over him we have had good talks on many diffrent subjects

no matter what she thinks off you you have to give her over to god and move on one day god will put her back in your path this is what he did and i am amazed at what he has done even though we are not back together we are seeing we are better off as friends

i was told to seek legal aid from a solicitor my solicitor was a good solicitor he was a christian at first he did not tell me he was a christian i only found this out through our third meeting as he encouraged me to hook up with a good mens group that helped guys like my self all thes guys were divorced dads

my new wife is from the philippines my son knows i am married and knows about my daughter i do plan to bring my son with me to the philippines so he can meet my daughter

i normaly avoid topics like this one as they get very heated they also get to the point were some one like my self gets hammered or told i am weak and had no faith and could not hack obeying gods word i try not to judge or step on any ones toes no one is perfect

There is only one reason for divorce and it covers both believer and non-believer alike.

Mat 19:8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

In order to divorce another one must harden their heart against the other to the point they would rather be separated than together. It is quite simple. The blame game that ensues afterward comes out of the hearts of the participants.

I speak from experience. My wife left last month. She has hardened her heart to the point that she doesn't have any feelings for me. She betrays herself by her hardness in her actions toward anything I do. Her claim is that I am mentally ill but the hatred she shows in her actions shows her true problem lies within her own heart. I stand at the ready, commanded by Christ to forgive and receive her back unto myself. May God have mercy upon her and grant her repentance to the acknowledging of the truth.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

Hi

your not alone i can relate to what you have shared but i have a question for you will you forgive her even if she is with some one else my x wife and me are very good friends my x wife is married and we often keep in regular contac with each other due to our son who is only 15 yrs old

a lot off it was my fault also when your out off work and under the same roof tempers tend to flare that does not help i get on with her new husband who use to be a youth pastor my son goes to hill song and he enjoys the youth group and has made some good friends

at first i found it hard to get on with her new partner thats just being open and honest deep inside i wanted to hurt him as my son know has his family name not mine even though he is my son i had no say they get on well i had to give the anger i had over to god and slowly god helped me get on with my x wifes husband their have been times were i have prayed over him we have had good talks on many diffrent subjects

no matter what she thinks off you you have to give her over to god and move on one day god will put her back in your path this is what he did and i am amazed at what he has done even though we are not back together we are seeing we are better off as friends

i was told to seek legal aid from a solicitor my solicitor was a good solicitor he was a christian at first he did not tell me he was a christian i only found this out through our third meeting as he encouraged me to hook up with a good mens group that helped guys like my self all thes guys were divorced dads

my new wife is from the philippines my son knows i am married and knows about my daughter i do plan to bring my son with me to the philippines so he can meet my daughter

i normaly avoid topics like this one as they get very heated they also get to the point were some one like my self gets hammered or told i am weak and had no faith and could not hack obeying gods word i try not to judge or step on any ones toes no one is perfect

I do my best not to wonder about the 'what if's' and how I will or will not respond if something comes to pass. Instead I focus on the 'what is' and 'what I can do about it' parts. I strive everyday to simply die to myself and live unto God through the power of His Spirit. I understand that God is in complete control of all things as he has shown me this repeatedly through sovereign acts of his will causing others to both do and say that which he wants them too, though they don't even know the depth of what they are saying or doing. It is the grace of God in me that does through me the things that I am capable of doing. I do not suffer from anger today as I once did. I spend much more time learning from and walking in the Spirit of our Lord and God. In the end we shall see what God decides but for now I stick to the promise that he is working all things to the counsel of his own will and to the good of them that love him. Thanks for sharing your story.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

Any examples?

But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Matthew 5:32

Jesus sanctioned divorce when one of the spouses was committing fornication. Fornication not only destroys marriage but also endangers all the members of the family by potentially exposing them to STDs.

There is another legitimate cause for divorce although it is not explicitly stated in the Bible. It is justified, I believe, by the Law of Love (which is the greatest of all laws). If a spouse is physically abusive to his spouse or children, I believe that it divorce is not only legitimate, but the obligation of the believing spouse to remove her/his family away from the danger.

Edited by AlexanderJ

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

In Jesus Name,

Gary

Hi

I do my best not to wonder about the 'what if's' and how I will or will not respond if something comes to pass. Instead I focus on the 'what is' and 'what I can do about it' parts. I strive everyday to simply die to myself and live unto God through the power of His Spirit. I understand that God is in complete control of all things as he has shown me this repeatedly through sovereign acts of his will causing others to both do and say that which he wants them too, though they don't even know the depth of what they are saying or doing. It is the grace of God in me that does through me the things that I am capable of doing. I do not suffer from anger today as I once did. I spend much more time learning from and walking in the Spirit of our Lord and God. In the end we shall see what God decides but for now I stick to the promise that he is working all things to the counsel of his own will and to the good of them that love him. Thanks for sharing your story.

Hi

its ok and i understand were you are coming from be open and honest what i do not like hearing is this cop out the devil made me do it i had no control its all his fault that is just a simple cop out to were you begin to blame satan for everything that has happend in your llife instead off dealing with what he wants us to deal with by being open and honest and looking at were you had a part to play also

Any examples?

But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Matthew 5:32

Jesus sanctioned divorce when one of the spouses was committing fornication. Fornication not only destroys marriage but also endangers all the members of the family by potentially exposing them to STDs.

There is another legitimate cause for divorce although it is not explicitly stated in the Bible. It is justified, I believe, by the Law of Love (which is the greatest of all laws). If a spouse is physically abusive to his spouse or children, I believe that it divorce is not only legitimate, but the obligation of the believing spouse to remove her/his family away from the danger.

There is a lot of debate surrounding the understanding of that scripture referencing fornication. Nothing I wish to get into here but thank you for expressing where you are coming from. As far as the other example you brought up, it is another very deeply debated and controversial topic. Thanks for sharing your view with me though.