• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1967

thank you ALL for your replies....Sam you wern't rambling something what you said struck a chord....but the difficult thing is reading the bible...they're just words to me at the moment...they have no meaning anymore....that makes this 10x more difficult because i want them to.

thanks again :hug:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  523
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

<sigh> I'm gonna cross my fingers and hope that this makes sense, so here goes nothing...

I think we all have a spiritual dry spells at some point and time... Sometimes they're small moments or boughts of spiritual fatigue... Times of doubt... A sense of being stuck or stagnant... Maybe just a serious case of the blahs.

I'm not sure what causes this... But I do believe that all things happen for a reason, a purpose... Perhaps it's to teach us endurance. I read something once called 'developing my struggle muscles', basically it said that we need difficult times like this to become stronger, to increase faith...

I notice that when I'm stuck in a spiritual rut, it becomes more difficult to communicate with God, to read His word and so on... I think that sometimes we take God for granted, and like any relationship that has lost it's zing, we need to work on it.

Here is what I do, I make a daily list of things that I'm grateful for... More than the usual predictible things/prayers that I sometimes say. I make an effort to find ten things that I'm grateful for that day and at the end of the day I thank Him. If ten is too much to deal with right now then scale it down some... But give it a try.

Sometimes our lives move so fast, and we get wrapped up in our own daily dramas, that we miss the small things. This helps me to notice how God is everywhere and he does care. It reminds me how awesome God is.

Here's a sample list...

> The golden morning sunrise, being greeted by a birds song.

> A hot day interrupted by a cool summer rain.

> Finding a few dollars on the ground, when I didn't think I could afford a lunch.

> A kind lady giving me a cut in line when I was in a hurry.

> A warm smile from a stranger that softend my grouchy heart.

> The sweet coolness of a watermelon after a long, hard, hot day.

> An unexpected call from an old friend that cheered me up just when I needed it.

> A furry little kitty friend that cuddles me and reminds me of Your unconditional love.

> The pink and orange sunset, that reminds me of another that happened 2000 years ago.

> The large night sky filled with stars, that reminds me how amazing You are.

Thank you dear Lord, I love you so! :il:

I think the act of being thankful helps to ignite that fire, that somtimes burns down... At least it seems to help me. The list becomes something like a love letter to God.

I hope this helps some.

:hug:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  03/06/1967

kittyjo.....a differant perspective but yes it made sense....i do find however i simply dont want to do these things right now(stubborn and mule sprige to mind...i know ...i know)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

There may be a very simple answer to your faith problems.

Ro 10:17  So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Every christian I have met that is struggling with their faith has gotten away from the bible in one way or another. Notice faith comes to you when you hear the Word of God. The Rhema, spoken Word of God. Read the Word out loud so you can take it in by sight and hearing. Most of us don't get enough of the word with just 1,2,3 hours a week.