• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1967

or has that never happened to you ....can it actually happen to a 'real' christian?

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

what's your definition of a 'real' christian?

someone saved by grace through faith

Guest LCPGUY

Yes Cymba, a true/real Christian can oftentimes lose their faith for a while. All manner of worldly events/situations can spark this. You are not alone by any means. At least I assume you are speaking of yourself here.

I would suggest you pray and just rededicate your life to Christ. In other words, let Him know you are going to trust Him no matter what the circumstances are. Ask Him to renew your faith and to strengthen it. Read the stories of great faith in the Bible and how God never failed those people. Remember that He will never leave you or forsake you. Believe it.

Look to the creation account, look to the historical and geographical accuracy of the Bible. Be amazed at the prophetic accuracy as well. This collection of 66/40 books was clearly authored outside of time and space as we know it. It doesn

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  658
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/01/1965

Yes, sometimes Christians can loose faith when a situation in their life might cause them to fall away from God. It has happened to me. Everyone around me gave all kinds of love and advice. But, I was the only one that could get back on fire with God. I believe Jesus holds you in His precious arms and carries you while you are at a low in your life. It might seems that you have lost all faith, but you haven't. There is still some faith their.

Hope this answers question.

Yukon :wub:

Thank you John and Yukon....i'll keep these in mind ....it feels like my batteries have gone flat(if you get what i mean)or to put it in computer speak for John my hard drives crashed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

How's your intimate time with God? Not so great I suspect. We all get there. Hey, God didn't move, you did, and faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God, so get that Word out, spend some time reading God's love letter to you and praying and spending time with Him and you'll stay everfilled with the Spirit.

Don't despair, He's always there no matter where we are!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,127
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

cymba, I can only speak as for the things that have happened to me.

The problem I have had in the past is the same as a runner running a race. I tried to run life's race as a sprinter. Go go go all the time and after a while you get tired and have to rest. You describe the way I felt when I had tired myself out and had to stop and do a little rest. God seemed OK with my taking a break and would let things ride for a while but would nudge me after a while to get up and get going again.

One time it was different and it lasted for nearly 10 years. I was involved in intercessory prayer and I was given a very specific thing to go and tell a very close friend. It very likely (I thought at the time) would have ended a very good friendship and though I tried a good half dozen times, I simply could not bring myself to say the things I needed to.

Finally I just told God I couldn't do it and He (God) didn't speak to me in that inner way for many years. If you have done something of this nature it will take much prayer and tears to fix.

So, maybe you're just going too hard at it and not letting The Spirit do the work through you. That is my problem over a long period of time.

Sam

btw if the Spirit tells you to do something, be careful of saying no. Just be careful of which spirit is telling you.

I ramble :x:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

I can't answer your question totally as I have never had the experience of my faith 'grinding to a halt', although at times I have wondered whether God did actually pay any attention to me. When I did feel like that though, I prayed a lot and continued reading a book I was already reading (Life, Death and Everything in Between by Mike Pilavachi, I would recommend it to anyone). Helpfully, the bit I was up to was about doubting and really helped. By the next morning I felt a lot better again.

On the subject of whether 'true' Christian's can feel like their faith 'grinds to a halt', the answer is simple: Yes. Everyone doubts, that isn't as important as getting over the doubts. And if you come out of it, the likelihood is you'll have a stronger faith because of it.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  05/23/1987

i don't think i've lost my faith but i'm definately going through a shallow stage. this is really the first time this has happened but i would recommend what everyone else does for me: read the word, meditate on it and pray, pray, pray. it's what helps me.

-joel