• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

At 16 your sister is NOT old enough to get herself home at midnight and if you really look at what you have written you say that you shouldnt be responsible for her and only went there and for something to eat etc etc etc but in the next line you want to advise her and your brother about the way they are behaving ...sorry but you cant have it both ways :noidea:

Yep sorry I did not make this clear. My step-dad her father was there she was not alone, she had several adults with vehicle around her to get her home. her job was to make sure he knew to get her home early. My point was I got chewed out for getting her home late even though I got her home. I agree I cant have it both ways and thats what bugged me, I cannot have input into her life but yet I get chewed out for her not planning on getting home? She was supposed to be home before I even left the house to go to the restaurant. I don't mind picking her up or taking care of her at all. I was just miffed that I was chewed out because my sister did not make plans to return with my dad at an earlier time then 11 or 12.

As for me moving out if she does not listen, that is my wifes precognitive, not mine. I do appreciate the roof over my head. I think the issue is this, she did not treat me like this when my wife was here, the day she leaves my mom reverted to I am her little boy, its the sudden change that caught me off guard.

I was not clear on the advise I need. Most of the comments I already addressed in my original post but as I got long winded most of it was missed!

Like this

As for my siblings, she lets them get away with things I would be grounded until I was 80 if I did! Of course this is common enough, typical first child stuff but she went to an extreme.

I know this is normal and I am not complaining about that.

What I am worried about

So here is where the powdered rear comes in. She is my mom, She gave birth to me, She changed my diapers and no matter what wisdom or understanding I may have in this area or in other where I have been taught what she did not know, she refuses to listen. When I speak to her of these things I do not do it in a "know it all" frame of mind but one of worry and concern as I love my family. For instance I discovered that someone was trying to scam her out of money, and provided her with pages of hard evidence showing this. She did not listen and lost the money. She is also getting older and I am picking up on her missing on things she did not use to, and seems not to have the same amount of discernment she had 15 years ago. I know that if I cannot work this out to where she will honestly listen, and consider what I have to say, as an adult, things could get worse if she ever (heaven forbid) gets to a point where I need to run her life or start making decisions about her long term care etc.

Also she is remarried and happy with her husband but its mainly long distance she sees him once ever two months or so.

oh and while I was getting ready for work I realized why this bugs me. When I was 16-18 I was not rebellious as thats when God got a hold of me for real, and my mom used to come to me for advice and listen to my concerns, now I am much older and have gained in understanding, she does not.

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,041
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  237
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

:) it really is typicalyou know and all credit to your mum for NOT treating you like a naughy boy when your wife was there .... many many mums would have done so if only to make sure ( even if they dont realise they are doing it ) that you know you were " hers " before you were married.

It is a hard situation all around but I am glad you cleared up the point about your sister I was a bit worried about what looked like a cavalier attitude ( the power of the pen / internet is often negated by the fact that we all read without seeing or knowing enough to make sound judgments or give accurate advice)

If your mum has recently remarried she may be giving your siblings more freedon than you think you had in order to keep the peace and not provoke a rebelion ... it does sound VERY VERY normal

I REALLY think the only thing you can do is to show a good example , be MORE than courtious ( imagine you are living with your inlaws and put your best manners on ) and PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY

Keep in mind the time WILL go quicly and you WILL be with your wife again soon and be able to look back at this time as a lesson on patience.

:emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Patience it is only 180 days. Just do what they ask you and you will be fine. Do try to be out of the house for as many hours as you can. You will have a chance how wonderful your wife is and not to make her upset for any reason in the future. Furhtermore you will see another side of a family life. You have everything to gain in these six months with God's help.

Praying