Why It’s Time for the Tea Party

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I fail to understand what your statement has to do with the proposed changes to the Federal tax code, which would presumably affect you.

Why wouldn't a private citizen, voter and taxpayer be unhappy with a plan to raise his or her taxes? 74% of the electorate want wealthy people to pay more in taxes. I certainly did not make that up. The number is Google-able.

You will observe the odd phenomenum that happens regularly on this site, Assured, and on quite a few others as well. If you don't hold the EXACT same views as some of those who post you are not Christian and are one of the dreaded 'Liberals' that haunt the internet; no one is allowed a contrary opinion according to these misguided people. Don't worry about it, just be yourself. :rolleyes:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you very much, KatyAnn and MorningGlory!

I have just got here from Crosswalk, which shut everything down except their Facebook pages (and I don't do Facebook).

We were in the middle of discussing the Tea Party, when they shut everything down. Sue244 came here from Crosswalk, too. She is on the other side of the aisle, but we get along just fine.

Thank you again!

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I fail to understand what your statement has to do with the proposed changes to the Federal tax code, which would presumably affect you.

Why wouldn't a private citizen, voter and taxpayer be unhappy with a plan to raise his or her taxes? 74% of the electorate want wealthy people to pay more in taxes. I certainly did not make that up. The number is Google-able.

You will observe the odd phenomenum that happens regularly on this site, Assured, and on quite a few others as well. If you don't hold the EXACT same views as some of those who post you are not Christian and are one of the dreaded 'Liberals' that haunt the internet; no one is allowed a contrary opinion according to these misguided people. Don't worry about it, just be yourself. :rolleyes:

Can I get an Amen.

No you can't. I disagree with the majority here and I haven't been accused of being a liberal or not a Christian. Please reconsider, MG, before you say no one is allowed a contrary opinion, or painting us as misguided.

Guest shiloh357

That is a gross exageration.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Okay folks a quick reminder....

Debate the subject, not the person. It is possible to disagree about a doctrine or subject under discussion without insulting the person with whom you are debating. Also remember that the fact that a person disagrees with you does not mean they are attacking you as a person. Respect each other in the love of God! This is the main reason that threads get stopped, shut down, and even deleted! Users that cannot respect others will be banned. (Lev. 19:18)

Remember when it comes to politics there are strong opinions on every issue. However, I would say a lot of political viewpoints are driven by emotion. You are going to disagree with someone at some point in time politically. If you don't like the opinion of someone, you do not have to comment. Something I am still learning. So if you can not take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. If you can not handle the opposing viewpoints and do not want to be debated on it, then do not join in on threads where you know you will simply get upset.

Remember this. We are to be Christians and Christ Like first and foremost. If you can not be that way and be in political forums, then please stay out.

Yes this site has more conservatives then it does liberals. Yes, one or two people here with strong conservative viewpoints come across harshly and when they do they are dealt with. However, Republican, Democrat, Liberal, Moderate, or Conservative, or what ever mix you are, as long as you love Christ, then you are welcome here. Lets be careful not to paint everyone with a brush other then that.

Please do not step into the personal realms of attack. Debate issues not people, and in politics this is very hard to do, and I have been guilty of failing at this myself before.

Since this thread is getting heated up I am going to set it on ice for a bit to cool off. Closed for two days.