Nero's Fiddle

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

(I posted this in response to a comment on this board, but I thought it might be helpful to make it a topic of its very own. :huh: )

-----------

I have heard people say again and again that, "The Bible is not a science textbook, and was never meant to be."

Usually this statement is made by Christians who hear or read a challenge on the scientific validity of the Bible (made by an atheist or Evolutionist who has never read it in the first place), and assume that it is honest and based on fact

A Christian placed in this situation might feel as though they have no choice but to come up with some excuse to preserve the spiritual validity in the face of utter scientific "debunking", or else abandon all belief in the Bible.

The truth is, neither is necessary! The Bible is the word of God, and EVERYTHING in it is perfectly true.

Christian, don't allow Satan to rob you! Not of your faith and assurance, not of the countless treasures of all kinds contained in the Word of God! He has spewed out lies and made them pre-conceptions in the minds of many.

Seek God's truth... He is greater and more perfect than you can imagine.

The Bible is not written in scientific terms that would be incomprehensible to many because God wants the amazing and wonderful message of salvation and His glory to be understood! That does not mean that a plethera of scientific information is not included in it in a more round-about way.

Jesus Himself questioned, while speaking to Nicodemus, how the people would ever believe what Jesus said about heavenly things if they refused to believe Him when He spoke about the things of this world.

Here is a brief topical list of scientific principles discussed in Scripture. (Some of it is thousands of years old, and yet it makes mentions of certain concepts that didn't become a part of "accepted science" until the past two or three centuries!)

Edited by Nero's Fiddle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Amen.

I'm guilty of this at times, but say it as a way to encourage others that want question why we have the Bible.

It's a valid point, in the right circumstances.

It does prove itself in all ways, it just doesn't explain every little thing in scientific detail.

Good post though.

t.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Good post N.F. :blink:

I believe there is a creation museum in Texas, that has scientific evedince that supports creation. Sounds interesting!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

I dont know, I believe that true science is lining up really well with the Word of God

years ago, when i was in JR High school, my grandfather shared with us that he could prove that Christ Jesus was both devine and mortal as the same time,

with mathamatics.......

sorry, i was too young to understand, and also at that time never thought i would want that formula...... wish i had listened better and more.... sheesh....

God speaks to us each in our own way..... Papaw was a mathamatician and aeronautical engineer for Beech Aircraft.... God spoke to him with math and science......

the more science tend to try and disprove the Bible, they seem to come across more and more information that proves the Bible to be correct and with out error.... things that are being found these days was done wrote about some 4000 years ago....

mike

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  328
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Dearest Irishes,

Well, it definitely makes sense that the laws that govern real science (and mathematics) would line up with the Word of God...

The Lord Jesus wrote both of them. :il:

In Him,

NF