Guest Calvin12

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

my mom has fibromyalgia and Lupus for ten years also you my say she is always sick 24/7 She cannot be in the sun, see cannot be in the rain or on a rainy day she is really bad even if she is not in the rain, but staying on the rain is worse for her, she can't take any Medications, she can't eat some foods, her bones and mussels always Hurt, she bruises very easy, she gets really bad Migraines. She could Lie in bed for the rest of her life if she wanted to, and it would be Justified, But she doesn't she is very active in the Church, active with Us (the kids), takes care of hers and dads house, runs all the bills, and just loves life, through all that pain. Do you know why she loves life? Because she is alive and God has given her another breath! and she never complains, you would never know she is sick, because she doesn't want people to know or treat he like she is sick. She has the most right to complain but she doesn't.

And to top that all she can't sleep at night, I mean it takes her along time to fall asleep, and when she finally gets asleep she has to wake up again, its a sleeping disorder.

If you could, can you all pray for her... it is really bad and pray that she would keep that same great additude, and praising God! lol

So all i can tell you is To Praise God for living like my mom take her example she is a good one i know hehe :cool: .

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

I am a Christian, and I even sense God's presence in love with me at times, but sometimes I think that he just hangs out with us in this life and afterwards there is nothing. No hell, no heaven, no purgatory, no pain, no joy, no nothing.

Does anybody else ever feel that way? How do you deal with it?

I mean, God has been so bad to me in this life - 17 years plus of illness for me, which has ruined every part of my life from job to relationships to everything. And it could be worse - there are people God treats even worse - people who are born into a starvation and disease situation only to die young. Why would he treat us so badly in this life if he is going to give us Heaven later? It seems so inconsistent.

And what would heaven be like anyway? Could you imagine living forever? Wouldn't it be exhausting and boring? Imagine being a billion years old and thinking boy there sure is nothing new in the last million years...

Calvin my friend...read Psalm 73 and then ask yourself, where is GLORY?

Be Blessed,

Wayne

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

I am a Christian, and I even sense God's presence in love with me at times, but sometimes I think that he just hangs out with us in this life and afterwards there is nothing. No hell, no heaven, no purgatory, no pain, no joy, no nothing.

I mean, God has been so bad to me in this life - 17 years plus of illness for me, which has ruined every part of my life from job to relationships to everything. And it could be worse - there are people God treats even worse - people who are born into a starvation and disease situation only to die young. Why would he treat us so badly in this life if he is going to give us Heaven later? It seems so inconsistent.

And what would heaven be like anyway? Could you imagine living forever? Wouldn't it be exhausting and boring? Imagine being a billion years old and thinking boy there sure is nothing new in the last million years...

Calvin,

So what do you hope for?

Ro 8:24  For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

Ro 8:25  But if we hope for that we see not, [then] do we with patience wait for [it].

And do you really know the God of eternity?

Just trying to find out where you are at.

Jesus is going to tell a bunch of people that think they are believers that He doesn't know them, and that we are to examine ourselves to see if we are really in the faith.

Q: Could you share a little more on how you came to know the Lord.

Sincerely, Larry T.

Guest Calvin12

Calvin,

So what do you hope for?

Ro 8:24

Guest Calamity

Hi Calvin. I don't know if this will help any or not, but my husband sometimes tells me, that seemingly out of the clear blue, a thought will come into his head, even while he's reading the Bible, like "What if this is all just not true?", or "What if this was just written down, and never happened?" That type of thing. It upsets him, and he doesn't know why it happens. (It's the devil messing with him, as far as I'm concerned). He knows better, but sometimes those thoughts pop up.

You're right, all Christians have doubts at times, all of us wonder sometimes, and all of us are weak in faith at times. It's part of being a human.

I think you'll get past this. It may take some time, but you know you're a Christian, and if you keep on staying in the Bible, and fellowshipping, and find a church if you don't have one, it's bound to get better.

We do have a pretty good fellowship on this board, even though it's the internet. It's a little different than any others I've been to. Take a look at the "Apology and Forgiveness Thread" that's in the General Discussion forum. You'll see some love there, and it's sincere and real. Hang around, OK?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  92
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Calvin, I used to think like that.....what the world, is this Chrisianity?

I used to often wonder if there was really a God.

Then, as time went on and nothing seemed to get any better.....along came this

humble ,sweet little great minister from whales England, of all places....here in the USA.....he preached about the cross, and about committment, and about...being broken, and surrendering....WOE!!

My spirit jumped within me!!!

I hungered for more!

It was a long painful road.......it wasn't easy for me, I suffered so much.

I will not regret it tho...it brought me to a place where noting much phases me

anymore, nor surprises me.

I just know that I am redeemed, man, and I don't care to have to understand and pick at God anymore.

You know...really, it is pretty sad when we have to shake our finger at God.

dahh!!

:t2:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Calvin,

Your answer reveals a lot of dispare over your struggles.

Your answer is inappropriate. I hope for heaven as every Christian does. I just doubt sometimes, like all real people.

Come on, people, if I were in group face to face, they would be saying things to me like:

Bob: Yeah, I know what you mean. I have doubts to, but I still believe.

Harry: Life is hard. I'm sorry to hear it exhausts you so much.

John: I've been there. I will pray for you my brother.

This whole experience is making me realize more than ever that we are not as "two or more are gathered" - we are not truly gathered together here. To get real love, you need face to face, or at least over the phone. You can get data here - cold hard facts, and Bible verses, but not love. It just isn't possible to really connect over internet forums. I will have to look for a real life fact to face group again as I have many times in the past.

There are reasons for my questions. Hope is what we are saved by.

Ro 8:24  For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
Hope is a surety, not a maybe, kinda, iffy. It is a confident expectation of things to come.

There are some things that I doubt, but there are a few things that I have never doubted since being born again. One is that Jesus has nerver left me nor forsaken me. Another is the reality of heaven and the life to come.

Tit 1:2  In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Tit 3:7  That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

You are not in group. Group is the worlds way of dealing with problems and not God's way. Would any of the answers above have really helped? God's way is to believe His word - FAITH. Even against what "REALITY" says.

2Co 5:7  (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

The fact is that there are many here that do love you. I have also found that there are many christians who have a hard time receiving love. I was one of those people for much of my christian walk. I found that I have to take my thoughts captive to the obedience of Jesus Christ and cast down the imaginations that are contrary to the Word of God.

In the name of Jesus Christ we bind and cast down the spirits that keep us from giving and receiving the love of God. I bind the spirits of rejection and pride. Lord send your angels to minister to Your saints to humble ourselves, that we would know that we are accepted in the beloved. That we all might know the height, and depth, and length, and breadth of your love.

LT

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/05/1969

[

And do you really know the God of eternity?

Jesus is going to tell a bunch of people that think they are believers that He doesn't know them, and that we are to examine ourselves to see if we are really in the faith.

Sincerely, Larry T.

Larry what do you mean by that? That if we accept Jesus as our saviour and ask him to come in to our hearts, he could still turn us away?

That's kind of right along the lines of something I worry about. If I accept Jesus, how do I KNOW I'm saved and HE accepts ME?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/05/1969

Hi Calvin. I don't know if this will help any or not, but my husband sometimes tells me, that seemingly out of the clear blue, a thought will come into his head, even while he's reading the Bible, like "What if this is all just not true?", or "What if this was just written down, and never happened?" That type of thing. It upsets him, and he doesn't know why it happens. (It's the devil messing with him, as far as I'm concerned). He knows better, but sometimes those thoughts pop up.

Calamity that exact thing happens to me too. I can be doing anything, and all of a sudden a thought like that pops in my head suddenly. Sometimes it causes me to actually physically jump, it can be so disturbing.

That's part of the reason I think I'm holding myself back, because of those terrible thoughts of there being nothing after we die. And that scares me too.

Guest Called
Calamity that exact thing happens to me too. I can be doing anything, and all of a sudden a thought like that pops in my head suddenly. Sometimes it causes me to actually physically jump, it can be so disturbing.

That's part of the reason I think I'm holding myself back, because of those terrible thoughts of there being nothing after we die. And that scares me too.

Big Steve

That happens to all Christians at some point. It is actually a good thing, believe it or not! That means that you are doing something right and the enemy is trying to put doubt in your mind! Do not let those thoughts hold you back, that is what Satan wants. When those thoughts come, start praying or get into the Word. Focus your mind on Jesus...

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Philippians 4:6-8

Do not dwell on the bad thoughts, because they will only bring you discouragement and doubt.

Now about there being nothing after we die, lets see what Jesus said about that.

In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going." John 14:2-4

Jesus is not a liar, not at all. You know what happens after we die, we get to see our Saviour! Do not let the enemy lie to you. If something doesn't match up with the Word of God, it is not from God. Keep your gaze fixed on Jesus. :il: