IGNORED

Are all people who think they are saved really sav

Guest C.D. Light

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest InHisLove
I know what you are saying we can't add to our Salvation, we only have to accept Him and follow Him ,He will lead us each day until we are HOME>>>>>>>PRAISE GOD<PRAISE HIS NAME!!

No you're right...we can't add to our salvation... Jesus did it all on the cross for all men for all time.

Amen brothers and sisters in Christ....how awesome to have the assurance of eternity as a gift from a loving God.  To have a personal relationship with our loving Father. To know that God so loved us that he sent his one and only Son to take on all sin and pay the price for us....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Thank you for your post IHL,

Let us encourage one another on toward love and good deeds.

1John 5:18 We all know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born of God keeps him safe and the evil one cannot harm him.

Ephesians 1:13 And you were also included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with the seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance unitl the redemption of those who are God's possession-to the praise of his glory.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I believe that I am saved because I do not live for this present World.

Scripture tells us that no one can know what is in someone's heart but God. For God knows our motives.  That means that someone can live an outwardly Christian and holy life, following all the "rules and regulations" of their church, do many good deeds, seem pious and holy, but inwardly never has truly desired to live for Christ, but for their own glory and used the church as a means for that.  Or they did this out of loyalty or obligation to a religion instead of a true loving desire to follow the Lord.

However, the Scriptures also tell us that we will know if someone is saved by the evidence of the Holy Spirit in their lives.  This would extend to the church and I believe this is what you were speaking about.  The dead church does not have the Spirit or evidence of the fruit of the Spirit.  I have been in dead churches before and I know what you are speaking about. I am glad that you were in tune to the Holy Spirit opening your eyes to what was happening around you. I pray that you found a church that was alive in Christ and is equipping you as a disciple of Christ. May God continue to lead and bless you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

So,please let us cease from believing Satans lies that we are not to judge.  We judge for the sake of the souls of others including our own.  For I once made a big big mistake in helping someone to believe that they were saved when I now think that they are NOT!

My heart goes out to you Roseanne.  I too understand "now" what it means to be saved, and also what I did not understand in the past about my loved ones, not seemingly "following" the Lord.  If you had asked them if they were Christians, they would have said "yes"!  But.....to engage them in an open conversation mentioning the Name of Jesus Christ Our Lord....the room would clear....the discomfort was so obvious.....because none had come to the point of true salvation.  The Truth had not been spoken in love to any one in my family.  And now being saved myself, and after having lost my father during that period of "no Truth", I now will not hesitate to ask....and confess freely....the Name of my Lord and Savior...Jesus Christ.  I will openly tell others about His saving grace that is available to them, if they will "choose" to repent and be saved....and FOLLOW Him.  

Let us not forget.....

For this is true love.....

1 Peter 4:8 And above all things have fervent love for one another, for "love will cover a multitude of sins."  

For this is true love....

James 5:20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• 1 month later...
Guest C.D. Light

Oh, Im afraid there are way too many who are under the impression they are saved, and in fact are not.

Over the years Ive seen many who claim to be a christian, and later in the conversation, they say, well, I do believe in gawd.  So thats what they are basing their "christianity" on.

But throughout the conversation I could tell they actually knew very little about anything, and clearly had no understanding; in fact, unable to understand.

Hey, they got lots of "fruit" tho........just no salvation.

cd