Guest Xan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

They say the Holy Spirit is a gentleman (true), but then they talk about how the Spirit shook them uncontrolably and made them do strange things.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  189
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Where in the world would he get the idea about giving birth out the side, why and how would anyone believe it?

Love in Christ

Teri

Where in the world would he get the idea about giving birth out the side, why and how would anyone believe it?

Love in Christ

Teri

Not exactly sure.  I think it has something to do with Kabbalah and the mapping of god.  (If I get too involved with the explanation, I think George will tell me to edit it.)  In Kabbalah, there is a map of god that has 9 features.  The female aspect of god is the side, and it is the life-giving part.  I am only speculating that this is where Hinn formed his ideas :D

• 3 months later...
Guest Griffin

The left side (shield) gives life, the right side (sword) takes life.  the Kabbalist use this in mapping the universe according to God (NOT God) we practice this tradition to this very day in weddings.  The women walk/stands on the mans left shield side.  So in old her could "cover" her and if he drew his sword from the left to right he would hit her with it.  thus by Hinn and other kabbalists came up with the left side giving/protecting life.  evolutio= birth from the side.

First of all-thanks for the info on Hinn xan. That is helpful. I have heard about him and that he seems to have a following, but knew controversy surrounded him.

Christopher, you dont have to go to another planet for people to think things of Christ are foolishness.  The bible even speaks about it in 1 Cor 2:14 "The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned."

We do know Jesus was a historical person, and that the Scriptures are also authentic. The Dead Sea Scrolls and the Septuagint are two ancient documents discovered that attest to the OT. There are several thousand Greek manuscripts that support the NT.  Even with these, it still does come down to a matter of faith.  We choose to believe--we have free will to choose--but if you choose Christianity, then we know there can be only one God, and that God gave us the Scriptures as a guide and love letter so to speak that we measure our truth through.  So then, when we speak of cults, it is those groups who do not hold the essentials of faith that Christianity holds. The crux of this being the Trinity.

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Scientology?.

Just another man-made religion.

You can visit: www.projectclampshell.com for more info