tsth

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  316
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Becoming a Christian isn't just believing in Jesus-even the devils believe and tremble.   It is believing that you are separate from Him because of your sin and that you deserved hell, but you realize that he paid the penalty for you, so you want to live your life for Him.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  316
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

When you get to know someone you can pretty much tell if they walk with Christ or not.  If someone told me they were saved, then I would probably believe them unless their words and deeds showed that they were not.

Guest astralis

Hmm, the Devils believe in him...we know they're not going to heaven.

How do you know that you're assured of going to heaven by just believing?

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  396
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  09/26/1961

Someone walking in true Fatih with the Lord will not want to do terrible things.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  444

I think you are all missing what Astralis is saying. Paul says in his letters that even the devils and demons have an intellectual faith (or knowledge) of God and Christ, they believe in him, yet they are not saved. What most everyone on here is saying, all you have to do is REALLY believe and you will be saved. BUT, the demons REALLY do believe in him, but they are not.

What is different between the REAL belief that you have and the REAL belief that the demons have?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

What is different between the REAL belief that you have and the REAL belief that the demons have?

Good question. A couple of things - First, the Holy Spirit "wooed" me to come to Jesus. He called me. He drew me. He called out to me. At that point I had a choice to make and I chose Jesus. I stepped over the invisible line to join Jesus' team.  I knew that the only way to heaven was through Him. Second, He convicted me of my sins. I came to realize that the sin in my life could not be made "right" by me. That no matter what I did, I was still a sinner. So, not only did I feel bad for what I had done but I wanted it reversed. I didn;t want to do it anymore. I wanted to turn my back on my old life and walk away toward my new life. And I wanted to do it with Jesus.

The demons do not want to join Jesus team. they do not believe that they are doing anything bad. They think they are justified in all that they do. They don't want to stop doing what they are doing.  They don't believe that the side of Jesus is the right side, even though they know that He Is. They think that there is another way to attain a lofty place in heaven.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  396
  • Birthday:  09/26/1961

The difference is they believe He exists, but choose to walk separate from Him and defy His Glory. Knowing He is real does not mean they follow His word. (Boy, are they gutsy and stupid or what?!?!)

I believe that terrorists exist, but I am not one. For instance.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  444

So, then faith is comprised of more than just an intellectual belief?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  189
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Yes I would have to say faith is not just intellectual belief. There are many who profess to believe in Christ, but few who actually choose to follow Him. We as christians get alot out of following Christ that others do not understand. The things we get are internal, a sense of knowing we are saved would be one of these things. We can easily throw off the desire to follow the world because we just know we are headed for a better place. People who say they believe in Christ but are for instance unwilling to let go of a relationship with a non-believer because they are afraid truly do not trust Christ to know what is best for them. But I will say here it takes awhile for that level of trust to be established. It takes studying his word, prayer, fellowship and a firm belief. People early in their walk are not sure of their salvation, but it comes with time and developing a relationship with God. I have no idea if someone who was once saved can or would entirely lose their salvation. I do know that when I walked away before it was God that pulled me back. I can not speak for everyone else. And I also know he put in me a great desire to know Him and follow Him.

Love in Christ

Teri

• Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

Can you personally say you are 100 percent positive you will never do wrong to lose heaven if you just believe in Jesus?

Precisely! :read: