Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, don't you? John 6:47  I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life.  Has; not, hopes he has. The scripture is very clear on this we can be assured of our salvation here on the earth.  Romans 8:1,2

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,

2.  because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.

No condemnation if we are in Christ Jesus. If we have been saved we are in Christ. Have you been saved?  That is the question. This means have you trusted Christ alone for your salvation, if you haven't you need to, before its too late.

Guest astralis

Thanks.  I am saved by grace!  :read:

1.  Say that person says he was assured of going to heaven infallibly, went to church every Sunday and Wednesday but later in his life converted to Islam, is he still going to heaven?  

2.  How can people say they know and are assured if they don't know the future of their lives?  

3.  Do you know the future of your life?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

First, going to church every Wednesday & Sunday is not an issue. If you are truly saved then you truly KNOW the Truth and you wouldn't leave the Truth to go to Islam (a lie).

Guest astralis

How do you know infallibly that you're truly saved?

I've heard many people say they were but had "fallen behind".  They professed that Jesus is the Son of God.

What assures them that no matter what they do that they're saved?  So if someone converts later in life to a different religion then they weren't really saved?  Then how do you know?

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

John 1:12,13   Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God--

13.  children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

1 John 5:1a Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God,

1 John 5:13   I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.

2 John 9,10,11   Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.

10.  If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take him into your house or welcome him.

11.  Anyone who welcomes him shares in his wicked work

These are a few scriptures that teach that we can know we are saved, and that those who depart from the truth never had God in the first place. When we accept Jesus as our savior and Lord the Holy Spirit indwells us and there is no scripture that ever says He will leave.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

How do you know infallibly that you're truly saved?

I've heard many people say they were but had "fallen behind".

Guest astralis

Can you personally say you are 100 percent positive you will never do wrong to lose heaven if you just believe in Jesus?

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  316
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Following Christ isn't just following a religion.  It is having a personal relationship with the Lord, getting to know Him, walking with Him and learning to hear His voice.  

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian, Clinging to, trusting in and relying on Jesus is what counts.  When your heart gets filled with the Love of Jesus then you will more and more want to do what pleases Him.

I do not believe OSAS- God would not  force anyone to stay His child if they no longer wanted to.  So, I would say that a person who truly knows the Lord and truly walks with Him and Loves Him could have their name blotted out from the Lambs book of Life if they walked away from so great a salvation.

Personally though I would doubt that a person who would go after false gods of other religions was ever really saved.

It's like this:  every religion made by man is telling us how to reach god, but -Praise His Name forever-Christianity is God reaching down for us.   PTL

I would lke to give another verse-although they're all good!!  How about:

If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead you will be saved!

I'll let you in on another little secret I learned early in my walk.  I was having doubts about my salvation and I just decided to start living like a believer, and doing those things that other believers did (like spending time in prayer, reading the Word, and going to church every time the doors were open and really getting lost in worship), pretty soon those things started to come more naturally to me.

I have decided

to live like a believer

turn my back on the deciever

Gonna leave it to the Lord

Guest astralis
Personally though I would doubt that a person who would go after false gods of other religions was ever really saved.

Is this the general rule?  So when someone professes they're saved, you can't be truly sure they're saved?  Where is the assurance?