tsth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Thank you ted, your words are humble and encouraging to me.

I just long to see what a nation functions like, when it returns to, and adores God's precepts. When we as a nation REALIZE that God does reveal Himself in the lives of mankind. He desires a people who TRULY revere and honor His Word again, AS IF IT MEANT SOMETHING in the context of our lives every day..........that we LIVE IT/HIM and His WORD becomes our food each and every day, to give us the LIGHT OF LIFE. I long for light among mankind again. His Name is THE WORD! His Name is JESUS!

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  276
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Amen.

I have wondered that myself.

What it must be like to weather a sin-storm as a nation and be brought back into God's hand after a national repentance.

Think of how the Jews felt in those times of prosperity and gain when they turned their hearts back to God after being rebuked by one of the great Prophets!

Man, that would be so cool.

Think back and try to place yourself on a trail back to Israel after hearing that you are allowed to go back from Syrian bondage.

Think of the joy the Nation had as they rebuilt the Temple and were bathed in God's love!

Wow!

t.

• 1 month later...

I was reminded of this and wanted to revisit. Dave, in regard to my current study of Acts, I had totally forgotten this...........and was just reminded of it. I think it is relevant, especially the bolded portion of the Acts 26 in the very first post.

In Is Love,

Suzanne

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Masterstable
I was reminded of this particular thread in regard to righteousness and works.

Works and Fruit are they the Same?

In His Love,

Suzanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Works and fruit are the same. Jesus stated that He was the vine and we were the branches and that we should bear much fruit. Those branches that do not bear much fruit will be cut off and burned. Many churches today will not give sermons like this because they don't want to offend. If we don't teach the truth about bearing much fruit then the next generation will not understand the consequence of not repenting, which is eternal death. Notice that in all cases minesters pray everone into heaven at funerals. It's as if there are no evil people being buried these days.

You spoke of the Great Apostasy in a post and I just want to say that you are in the right ball park.

Regards

Timothy

In His Love,

Suzanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Works and fruit are the same. Jesus stated that He was the vine and we were the branches and that we should bear much fruit. Those branches that do not bear much fruit will be cut off and burned. Many churches today will not give sermons like this because they don't want to offend. If we don't teach the truth about bearing much fruit then the next generation will not understand the consequence of not repenting, which is eternal death. Notice that in all cases minesters pray everone into heaven at funerals. It's as if there are no evil people being buried these days.

You spoke of the Great Apostasy in a post and I just want to say that you are in the right ball park.

Regards

Timothy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So Timothy, Did you click the above link regarding works and fruit? Just curious if you read it?

In His Love,

Suzanne

Guest Masterstable

In His Love,

Suzanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Regards

Timothy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So Timothy, Did you click the above link regarding works and fruit? Just curious if you read it?

In His Love,

Suzanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't see a link? Send it to me at tyoung77@bellsouth.net

Regards

Timothy

Guest shiloh357
Works and fruit are the same.

Works and fruit are NOT the same. Fruit is the outcome of the works. Works produce fruit. Good works produce good fruit. Evil works produce evil fruit.

Many churches today will not give sermons like this because they don't want to offend. If we don't teach the truth about bearing much fruit then the next generation will not understand the consequence of not repenting, which is eternal death.

Our pastor teaches about bearing fruit, and the importance of it. You need to stay away from broad generalizations, trying to put everyone in the same pot.

Notice that in all cases minesters pray everone into heaven at funerals. It's as if there are no evil people being buried these days.
Again with the generalizations. That is simply not true.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Sweet Lord Jesus,

Can this be so difficult for modern man to understand????????? For surely it can be clearly seen, that faith in you produces the sweetest of fruits that a mouth can taste or a heart can understand?

Your Sister in Christ Jesus

Anne