Dad Ernie

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)  This has been the comfort of Christians for centuries and even now thousands of years hence, we can rejoice and have confidence in the word of God.

The risen Christ points out to his disciples that he is the fulfillment of the old testament prophecies and that these prophecies have been made known from Genesis onward.

"He (Jesus) said unto them "These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms concerning me"( Luke 24:44)

When we read the old testament we are given many pictures, types, shadows and prophecies of the coming Redeemer which are hard to understand.  The heros of faith in the old testament "...died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth" (Heb. 11:13)  

As we study the new testament and see that with precise accuracy old testament prophecies are fulfilled, causing one to thank God for his amazing grace in reaching out to us in love by sending his unique Son into this world to die for those who are lost.  

In his last words to his disciples Jesus tells them "I have yet many things to say into you, but you cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth; for he will not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come" (John 16:12-13)

In other words the work of the disciples was just beginning.  Jesus is promising them that after he is gone via Calvary, that the Holy Spirit will teach them things which they could not bear at that time and would teach them of things concerning the future.  It is here that we see that the writings of the new testament are not simply memories or ideas from the eye-witnesses of Christ, but trues which are given to us through the disciples by God himself.   "...he will teach you all things, and bring to your rememberance, whatsoever I have said unto you" (John 14:26b)

Jesus said to the people of his day "You search the scriptures; for in them you think you have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me" (John 5:39)  The irony which Jesus points out, is those who despised him, searched the scriptures thinking that in their studying they would have eternal life. In their religious search they were overlooking the one who is the theme of the scriptures and is the only way to eternal life.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,783
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Great post Perrin!  Nice to see you on the boards!  I hope you become a regular.

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I second that sentiment.

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Perrin,

Just to clear something up - Jesus truly fulfilled those things (prophecies) that pointed to His birth, life, death, resurrection and ascension to the right hand of the Father. But from that point there came many more things from the Old and the New Testaments that had yet to be fulfilled. He is always before the Father on our behalf. He is always revealing Himself through the Spirit to those who obey Him. He is speaking to the churches through the Holy Spirit. He will come again and bring His rewards with Him. He will reign on this earth for 1,000 years. He will destroy the enemy and judge the unrighteous. So you see there are still many things that are yet to be fulfilled.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

George and Timothy, greetings and thank you for your encouragement.  Dad Ernie, thank you for expanding on the topic I agree with you totally.  For those who know Christ we can echo these words "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." (1 Cor. 2:9)

Praise his precious name

Robert Perrin

Greetings Perrin,

All I can say is a big AMEN! Welcome again to the board.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Woo Hoo! You go boy! Preach it Robert! Always a blessing to have another brother in this place!

:read:

• Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

Rob:

Welcome to the Board.  I see already you'll be a valuable asset in this Board's outreach to others, both in sharing /teaching and in being a Light for those in need of salvation through faith in our LORD/SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST.  Please continue to be that example that CHRIST wants to shine through and draw others near to HIM....not us! :thumb:

Amen dear brother:

When we think of motives for posting I am reminded of the words of Paul:

"God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ..." Col. 6:14

Robert

Greetings Perrin,

It seems I too much chime in with a Hallelujah! All things are nought but Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie