• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Can a Christian Date a non-Christian? What are your views

I think it depends on the situation and the strenght of you faith.

Since the bible tells us not to be yoked with unbelievers, I would disagree. It doesn't depend on the strength of your faith at all, it is always wrong.

Walla299 I agree we're not to be unequally yoked with nonbelievers and I believe that to be in marriage or dating. I think including business in with that group might be going a bit to far. Unless one works in a Church, I can see them not having contact with nonbelievers, but for the rest of us who's job is outside the Church, we come in contact and do business with nonbelievers everyday.

If you think not, every time you fill your gas tank up, your doing business with muslims and for most it is directly because muslims seem to be buying most of the gas stations. When buying groceries, how do you know the cashier is not a nonbeliever?

I think 2nd Corinthians 6:14 is talking about marriage because it is made by God and we are to become one with another Christian, like we are one with Christ.

When one dates, he or she is trying to find the person God has chosen for us to marry, so yes dating falls under 2nd Corinthians 6:14.

My point wasn't that we should not do business with the lost. :) Sorry if I wasn't clearer on what I meant. In order to avoid doing business with nonbelievers, we'd have to leave the world, just like Paul said.

When I wrote about staying away from nonbelievers in business, I meant in a business partnership. For example, I go into business with a lost friend. The lost person at some point will want to do something that a Christian will know is wrong -- like cheating on the taxes -- and then things can get ugly from there. Believer and nonbeliever will be going in opposite directions from that point forward.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

I started this thread

To help answer such questions.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

We know when the right person comes along. We also know very litle about them as well. During dating we try to show our best in everything or at least what we think is the best of ourselves. God gives us the the best partner but we must grab the opportunity. It took my wife 20 years of prayers and preaching to me so I could see the Light of God. It may seem long in human terms but not in God's view. Believers try their best but to accept Him is a personal decision of the non-believer to do so. It is not allways easy for believers and non-believers but God is patient. The choice is ours but for the true believers the choice is made by God.

Blessings

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,191
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Can a Christian Date a non-Christian? What are your views

I think it depends on the situation and the strenght of you faith.

Since the bible tells us not to be yoked with unbelievers, I would disagree. It doesn't depend on the strength of your faith at all, it is always wrong.

yeah what she said !!!!!!!! Love Steven

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I never went out with anyone with the intention that I was going to marry them. That is not the way I thought - at all. I went out with guys who were, for the most part, smart, interesting and enjoyed things that I enjoyed as well. When I met my future husband, I didn't know it for quite awhile .... (I can be a bit dense). By the time I realized how much I cared for this man - I knew he loved God and me ... I never really searched for a husband. Until recently - watching commercials for internet dating sites - I didn't know people really looked for mates and dated specifically for that reason... :noidea:

Well i dont believe a woman should search for a husband, but it is world we live in today this generation dates to find a mate

Thank you all for answering... i am no longer confused about what i should do

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

I never went out with anyone with the intention that I was going to marry them. That is not the way I thought - at all. I went out with guys who were, for the most part, smart, interesting and enjoyed things that I enjoyed as well. When I met my future husband, I didn't know it for quite awhile .... (I can be a bit dense). By the time I realized how much I cared for this man - I knew he loved God and me ... I never really searched for a husband. Until recently - watching commercials for internet dating sites - I didn't know people really looked for mates and dated specifically for that reason... :noidea:

Well i dont believe a woman should search for a husband, but it is world we live in today this generation dates to find a mate

I wouldn't say a women shouldn't search for a husband, I think a man or a women should search for a mate if they so desire to be married. A women should have high standards of the mans qualities that she hopes to marry.

I know it now, there are bachelors out there saying "Oldzimm what are you saying, shut up!" :laugh: Well I can say that because I'm a father of a daughter and I have a very, very big shotgun. :laugh:

I wouldn't say a women shouldn't search for a husband, I think a man or a women should search for a mate if they so desire to be married. A women should have high standards of the mans qualities that she hopes to marry.

I know it now, there are bachelors out there saying "Oldzimm what are you saying, shut up!" :laugh: Well I can say that because I'm a father of a daughter and I have a very, very big shotgun. :laugh:

Lol, I dont have any kids but i agree with you

• 9 months later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Sorry if this seems a little off topic, but do you think God would show your future spouse as an unbeliever and then tell you to be patient while he is working in that person's life to help better themselves spiritually?

And would the term "unequally yoked" also apply to former believers who have stopped believing because of circumstances in life? I have a few friends who this applies too.