Believer112

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

The talk is plural, because "plural of majesty" is used to talk to another being (whom I believe is the Son, who is the first and unique creation of God; Revelation 3:14) and then the action when brought about is singular showing that God created and not the being he was talking to.

hē archē tēs ktiseōs tou theou Does not refer to Jesus as the first unique creation. Rather, it refers to Jesus as the source of Creation. Jesus, according to Paul in Col. 1:15-16 and John 1:1-4 is the Creator.

Now to answer the question of the original post. Yehoshua (Jesus) is Melech haMoshiach (the King Messiah), Rabbi, Son of the Father, the one sent into the world, the Lamb of the Father, the Mediator between the Father and men, the Advocate with the Father, the Great Apostle and High Preist of our confession, the One who was tempted as we are yet without sin, the one who appeared in the presence of God on our behalf, the King of kings, the Lord of lords, the One who became perfect through suffering, and the One through whom we get salvation.

Okay, but do you believe that Jesus was and is God? Do you believe that Jesus was eternally co-existent with the Father from the immeasurable eternity past, and took on human flesh when He was supertnaturally conceived of the Holy Spirit in the womb of a virgin girl named Mary/Miriam?

He can't be the source, the Father is the source; One God, the Father, FROM WHOM ARE ALL THINGS. Rather he's the Beginning of God's creation. He can't be God since he is the beginning of someone else's creation. Either you have two Almighty Gods or you have one Almighty God and one that is a unique creature. Colossians 1:15-16 is an awesome passage, for it says he is the firstborn of all creation, placing in him in the category of creation, (God is not the firstborn of all creation, rather he is the Creator of all creation) and then it says 'for in him all things were created' then it lists the things created in him. Thus, in the creation of the firstborn all rest was creation, lovely teaching of Colossians 1:15-16. Now as for John 1:1-4, the Sahidic Coptic is our oldest translation of the Greek text of John (180-200 AD) and it says 'and the word was a god' as opposed to the one who is 'the God' that he was with. He was in the beginning when he came to be there (since he is the first thing God created; Revelation 3:14) just like he was in the world (John 1:10) when he came to be there. John 1:1-4 says creation is through the word, not from the word. Creation is from the Father and through the Son; 1 Corinthians 8:6.

Now as for your question. Yes, I believe Jesus was a god in his pre-human existence (John 1:1) as angels are gods (Psalm 8:5; mayelohim [than gods] and not maymalawkim [than angels/messengers]). As a man he was also god (John 20:28; Hebrews 1:9) just like Moses was god (Exodus 4:16; you shall be his god, that's what the Hebrew text actually says, Moses is god to Aaron, no getting around it) and Judges being gods (Exodus 22:8-9, the Hebrew word for judges is shaphat and yet elohim is used here, and also Psalm 82:6). Yet Jesus can't be Yhvh, the God of gods (Deuteronomy 10:17) for he has a God (John 20:17; Hebrews 1:9; Revelation 3:2; Revelation 3:12). Yhvh is not the God of idols, rather he is the God of gods (Jesus, Moses, Angels, Judges).

In John 17:3 Jesus says the Father is the only true God. John confirms in 1 John 5:20 that the one who is true is in his Son, Jesus Christ. Paul also confirms that the living and true God is the Father in 1 Thessalonians 1:9-10.

Yes, I believe in the virgin birth.

Now let me ask you two questions:

Who is the God of Jesus? How many persons is the God of Jesus? It makes no difference to me if you say he had a God as a man, I still want to know the answer to these questions, even as him being a man and having this God.

Thanks.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Genuine, welcome to Worthy. Are you a JW?

Guest shiloh357
He can't be the source, the Father is the source; One God, the Father, FROM WHOM ARE ALL THINGS. Rather he's the Beginning of God's creation.
Sorry but the Greek NT does not support your conclusion.

He can't be God since he is the beginning of someone else's creation. Either you have two Almighty Gods or you have one Almighty God and one that is a unique creature. Colossians 1:15-16 is an awesome passage, for it says he is the firstborn of all creation, placing in him in the category of creation, (God is not the firstborn of all creation, rather he is the Creator of all creation) and then it says 'for in him all things were created' then it lists the things created in him. Thus, in the creation of the firstborn all rest was creation, lovely teaching of Colossians 1:15-16.

"First born" in Col. 1:15-16 is a title denoting rank. He is the firstborn, or "chief" of creaetion. It is not saying that Jesus was created. Firstborn is not paternal term, but rather a term denoting Jesus' authority over all creation. You need to learn how to interpret the NT's use of such titles of rank. It clearly states that Jesus is the Creator of the world. You are trying to skate around the clear teachings of Jesus' Deity. Verse 16 says that all things were created by Christ, through Him and for Him. It NOWHERE claims that Jesus is created.

Now as for John 1:1-4, the Sahidic Coptic is our oldest translation of the Greek text of John (180-200 AD) and it says 'and the word was a god' as opposed to the one who is 'the God' that he was with.
You are relying on an errant translation. The Greek does not support that rendering.

Now as for your question. Yes, I believe Jesus was a god in his pre-human existence (John 1:1) as angels are gods (Psalm 8:5; mayelohim [than gods] and not maymalawkim [than angels/messengers]).
Accept that Jesus does present himself that way. Jesus absolved of sin, received worship, gives eternal life and calls Himself the embodiment of eternal life. AND Jesus calls Himself God. Not a "god" but God. Angels cannot absolve of sins and neither can humans. Only God can ultimately absolve of sin and that is what Jesus did. Sorry, but your position relies on a very flawed approach to Scripture. You need to drop the Watch Tower and believe the truth.

You need to learn somehting about the term "Elohim." Elohim is used a variety ways in various contexts. When used of human beings it usually refers to representatives or emmisaries of God. Human magistrates are referred to as "elohim" but only because they sit in a seat of authority. The term "Eolhim" only denotes Deity when applied to God. Jesus was not a "god" in the sense tha tMoses was. Moses was an "elohoim" a representative standing in God's stead.

I speak and read Hebrew. If I had the time, I would parse through your poor usage of Hebrew and explain how you are misusing it. As it stands, I will have to wait until later.

Who is the God of Jesus? How many persons is the God of Jesus? It makes no difference to me if you say he had a God as a man, I still want to know the answer to these questions, even as him being a man and having this God.
Jesus is one in essence with the Father. Jesus and the Father are both God. Jesus was pre-existent with the Father as God. God = Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Jesus is not a "god." That leads to the heresy of polytheism and that is unacceptable.

No, JWs do however come to me for my guidence on scriptures.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Let me probe a bit more? Your beliefs are not mainstream, to which denomination do you subscribe? :noidea:

He can't be the source, the Father is the source; One God, the Father, FROM WHOM ARE ALL THINGS. Rather he's the Beginning of God's creation.

He can't be God since he is the beginning of someone else's creation. Either you have two Almighty Gods or you have one Almighty God and one that is a unique creature. Colossians 1:15-16 is an awesome passage, for it says he is the firstborn of all creation, placing in him in the category of creation, (God is not the firstborn of all creation, rather he is the Creator of all creation) and then it says 'for in him all things were created' then it lists the things created in him. Thus, in the creation of the firstborn all rest was creation, lovely teaching of Colossians 1:15-16.

"First born" in Col. 1:15-16 is a title denoting rank. He is the firstborn, or "chief" of creaetion. It is not saying that Jesus was created. Firstborn is not paternal term, but rather a term denoting Jesus' authority over all creation. You need to learn how to interpret the NT's use of such titles of rank. It clearly states that Jesus is the Creator of the world. You are trying to skate around the clear teachings of Jesus' Deity. Verse 16 says that all things were created by Christ, through Him and for Him. It NOWHERE claims that Jesus is created.

Now as for John 1:1-4, the Sahidic Coptic is our oldest translation of the Greek text of John (180-200 AD) and it says 'and the word was a god' as opposed to the one who is 'the God' that he was with.
You are relying on an errant translation. The Greek does not support that rendering.

Now as for your question. Yes, I believe Jesus was a god in his pre-human existence (John 1:1) as angels are gods (Psalm 8:5; mayelohim [than gods] and not maymalawkim [than angels/messengers]).
Accept that Jesus does present himself that way. Jesus absolved of sin, received worship, gives eternal life and calls Himself the embodiment of eternal life. AND Jesus calls Himself God. Not a "god" but God. Angels cannot absolve of sins and neither can humans. Only God can ultimately absolve of sin and that is what Jesus did. Sorry, but your position relies on a very flawed approach to Scripture. You need to drop the Watch Tower and believe the truth.

You need to learn somehting about the term "Elohim." Elohim is used a variety ways in various contexts. When used of human beings it usually refers to representatives or emmisaries of God. Human magistrates are referred to as "elohim" but only because they sit in a seat of authority. The term "Eolhim" only denotes Deity when applied to God. Jesus was not a "god" in the sense tha tMoses was. Moses was an "elohoim" a representative standing in God's stead.

I speak and read Hebrew. If I had the time, I would parse through your poor usage of Hebrew and explain how you are misusing it. As it stands, I will have to wait until later.

Jesus is one in essence with the Father. Jesus and the Father are both God. Jesus was pre-existent with the Father as God. God = Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Jesus is not a "god." That leads to the heresy of polytheism and that is unacceptable.

1) The Greek says it, your opinion just doesn't like it. But I'm curious, do you agree with the ante-nicene fathers that Proverbs 8:22+ is about the Son in his pre-human existence or do you have a different take on it?

2) Firstborn means exactly what it says plus certain rights. If Jesus is not the literal firstborn of all creation then tell me who is. Paul doesn't say he replaces the firstborn of all creation but rather says he is the firstborn of all creation.

3) You have no clue when it comes to Greek. Go buy yourself Daniel B. Wallace's book 'Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics.' John 1:1 on itself can support my position, the Trinitarian position, and the Oneness/Modalist position. I don't feel like typing it all out, but if you insist I will and show you have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to the Greek of John 1:1. The Sahidic Coptic is our oldest translation of the Greek gospel of John. There is no older translation. I can say the KJV, NIC, etc, etc are nothing but errant translations when it comes to John 1:1.

4) Jesus doesn't call himself God anywhere. You need to back this up. Book, Chapter, and Verse? Sorry, but Jesus has been given the authority to judge and forgive sins. Apparently you don't read the Bible too well when it comes to that subject. Watchtower got nothing on me. Please, don't bother me with your "Hebrew" lessons. I know that elohim is a homonym just like el. What you are forgetting is that Theodotion renders theos in the place of elohim for Exodus 7:1, Exodus 4:16 (interprets the text), and Psalm 82:6 (theoi). I can turn around and say all the places where Jesus is called theos is really means elohim and spin what you said concerning elohim and you have nothing to argue with. Thanks for helping my case. By the way, I'm curious, how is "theos" used in 2 Corinthians 4:4? Is haSawtan the Creator of this world when it calls him 'the theos of this world'? If not, then define how theos is used in 2 Corinthians 4:4 and that'll be one step point stronger against your argument.

Did I not make my question clear to you? You want me to answer your questions but yet you can't even answer mine? Who is the God of the man Jesus? I think you're starting to see why you're in big trouble by this question.

Let me probe a bit more? Your beliefs are not mainstream, to which denomination do you subscribe? :noidea:

I know my beliefs are not the majority. I prefer the narrow path. I go to Slavic Gospel Church and City On A Hill and other Assemblies. I wouldn't call it a 'denomination.' The Pillars for my faith are: Jesus, John, Peter, and Paul.

Guest shiloh357
1) The Greek says it, your opinion just doesn't like it. But I'm curious, do you agree with the ante-nicene fathers that Proverbs 8:22+ is about the Son in his pre-human existence or do you have a different take on it?
No. the context is about wisdom, not Christ's preincarnate state. Further, I do agree with the Nicene creed that affirms Jesus eternal Deity, past present and future.

And no, the Greek does not support your position. kai theos ēn ho logos "And the word was God." There is no way to make that phrase anything other than what it says. Every major Christian scholar, and Bible translator agrees with me and this is evident in that every translation tranlsates the phrase the same way.

YOU are the one who needs to explain why we should take YOUR word over the word of generations of Christian scholarship that says otherwise.

2) Firstborn means exactly what it says plus certain rights. If Jesus is not the literal firstborn of all creation then tell me who is. Paul doesn't say he replaces the firstborn of all creation but rather says he is the firstborn of all creation.
Firstborn is a ancient term that denotes rank. Paul's point is that Jesus is the head of created order. It is a reference to Jesus' authority. It is not saying born before God was created the world. Verse 16 clearly states that the universe was created by Jesus.

3) You have no clue when it comes to Greek. Go buy yourself Daniel B. Wallace's book 'Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics.' John 1:1 on itself can support my position, the Trinitarian position, and the Oneness/Modalist position. I don't feel like typing it all out, but if you insist I will and show you have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to the Greek of John 1:1. The Sahidic Coptic is our oldest translation of the Greek gospel of John. There is no older translation. I can say the KJV, NIC, etc, etc are nothing but errant translations when it comes to John 1:1.
You could say that, but it is up to YOU to provide evidence why EVERY translation, and over 1,000 years of Christian scholarship got it all wrong and YOU are the one who has the truth.

4) Jesus doesn't call himself God anywhere.

Jesus called Himself the Son of God and in ancient Hebraic culture the term "Son of" was a claim to possess the nature of the object in view. Jesus called James and John "Sons of thunder" because of their violent tempers. Jesus took the phrase Son of God and was accused of blasphemy for making that claim. He was attributing Deity to Himself and also claimed to be embodiment of Eternal life (only God has eternal life in Himself).

You need to back this up. Book, Chapter, and Verse? Sorry, but Jesus has been given the authority to judge and forgive sins.
Jesus never asked permission to forgive sins. He did so under His own authority. Secondly, God does not share His glory with anyone else. To say that the Father would grant a mere man Divine prerogatives runs contrary to God's express nature and the fact that God does not share power with man.

Apparently you don't read the Bible too well when it comes to that subject. Watchtower got nothing on me.
Your arguments are identical to the JWs.

Please, don't bother me with your "Hebrew" lessons. I know that elohim is a homonym just like el. What you are forgetting is that Theodotion renders theos in the place of elohim for Exodus 7:1, Exodus 4:16 (interprets the text), and Psalm 82:6 (theoi).
I didn't offer you any Hebrew lessons (although you need them). I don't care what Theodotian said. The Hebrew text does not place Moses as a "god" in terms of deity. The Hebrew language is a small language and words take on double and triple duty. That means that while Elohim may mean "God" in one passage, it means "judge, magistrate, or emmisarry" in other passages depending on context. The context of Exoudus tells us that Moses simply stood as God's representative or emmissary before Pharoah. You have to twist the Scriptures in order to support your heretical beliefs about Jesus.

I can turn around and say all the places where Jesus is called theos is really means elohim and spin what you said concerning elohim and you have nothing to argue with.
No you can't. Particulary in the book of John. John uses very unique grammar in order to communicate the Deity of Jesus.

Thanks for helping my case. By the way, I'm curious, how is "theos" used in 2 Corinthians 4:4? Is haSawtan the Creator of this world when it calls him 'the theos of this world'? If not, then define how theos is used in 2 Corinthians 4:4 and that'll be one step point stronger against your argument.
I think you are confusing issues. When it refers to satan as the "god" of this world, it is referring to this curent age, not so much the physical planet and created order. The Bible is clear that the "Earth is the Lord's and all that is in it." So, when you look at the Greek, the text is not ascribing deity to satan, but simply saying that satan is ruler the world's system, but He is not The God of the universe or the God of the world in the absolute sense. Satan's role as god of this age is subordinate to the ulimate sovereignty of God.

Did I not make my question clear to you? You want me to answer your questions but yet you can't even answer mine? Who is the God of the man Jesus? I think you're starting to see why you're in big trouble by this question.
The problem is that it is the wrong question. It presumes that Jesus is just a man and I will not answer the question based on that false presumption. I don't believe that Jesus is anything less than God. He was 100% man and 100% God while on earth. That is what the Bible teaches and what hundreds of generations of Christians have believed and has been the foundation of the Christian faith.

If you reject the Deity of Jesus, you are not a genuine, authentic follower of Christ. That is a core element of the Chrisian faith upon which our salvation is based and those who seek to refute the Deity of Jesus only prove they do not belong to Christ.

Wise Men

Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him. Matthew 2:1-2

Worship

And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries? And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant? And the captain of the LORD's host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so. Joshua 5:13-15

"First born" in Col. 1:15-16 is a title denoting rank. He is the firstborn, or "chief" of Creation. It is not saying that Jesus was created. Firstborn is not paternal term, but rather a term denoting Jesus' authority over all creation. You need to learn how to interpret the NT's use of such titles of rank. It clearly states that Jesus is the Creator of the world. You are trying to skate around the clear teachings of Jesus' Deity. Verse 16 says that all things were created by Christ, through Him and for Him. It NOWHERE claims that Jesus is created.

You need to learn something about the term "Elohim." Elohim is used a variety ways in various contexts. When used of human beings it usually refers to representatives or emissaries of God. Human magistrates are referred to as "Elohim" but only because they sit in a seat of authority. The term "Elohim" only denotes Deity when applied to God. Jesus was not a "god" in the sense that Moses was. Moses was an "elohoim" a representative standing in God's stead.

4) Jesus doesn't call himself God anywhere. You need to back this up. Book, Chapter, and Verse? Sorry, but Jesus has been given the authority to judge and forgive sins. Apparently you don't read the Bible too well when it comes to that subject. Watchtower got nothing on me. Please, don't bother me with your "Hebrew" lessons. I know that elohim is a homonym just like el. What you are forgetting is that Theodotion renders theos in the place of elohim for Exodus 7:1, Exodus 4:16 (interprets the text), and Psalm 82:6 (theoi). I can turn around and say all the places where Jesus is called theos is really means elohim and spin what you said concerning elohim and you have nothing to argue with. Thanks for helping my case. By the way, I'm curious, how is "theos" used in 2 Corinthians 4:4? Is haSawtan the Creator of this world when it calls him 'the theos of this world'? If not, then define how theos is used in 2 Corinthians 4:4 and that'll be one step point stronger against your argument.

Trouble!

I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed. Daniel 7:13-14

Big Trouble!

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life. These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 1 John 2:22-26

And For God Deniers Trouble With A Capital T!

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. John 17:5

And To Know God

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Isaiah 44:6

One Needs To Know Jesus

For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. Isaiah 54:5

And To Know Jesus One Needs To Eat

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

Welcome To Worthy

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Galatians 4:6

And Be Blessed Beloved

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:27-27

Love. Joe

I know my beliefs are not the majority. I prefer the narrow path.

Jesus

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Saves

But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

I and my Father are one. John 10:26-30

Dear One, Would You Stone The LORD Jesus Too?

Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. John 10:31

Believe

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. 1 Timothy 3:16

And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

Praying

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

Abba Daddy

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 2 Corinthians 4:3-4

Bind The Mind Blinder

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. John 14:12-14

In The Name Of Your Holy SON Jesus My LORD And My God My Beloved

Thank You For Answered Prayer

Amen~!

I Love You Jesus

I Love You