• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

Who is Jesus? Isn't it amazing how one Jewish man transformed the world for generation to come? Have you wondered how this one man transformed the world? Something truly amazing must have happened during that time to get them to believe in Jesus and have the Way spread like wildfire. Was the resurrection the talk of the town? Was it the eyewitness accounts for all the miracles being performed? Maybe it was just supernatural work of God. What say you?

A question for the non believer.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Well, we're all kind of different. I've heard many different stories of how people came to the Lord, and some had actually witnessed miracles in this day and time. It's hard to say miracles were the answer for Paul should have known what was going on from the beginning, but he wasn't until the Lord knocked around a bit.

It seems that even today the way spreads much faster and deeper when in areas of persecution and I believe that's because the people hearing understand that there's a potential price for believing and there must be something to this or the person telling me would not be taking such chances.

The miracles themselves were enough for some, I know some today that fit into that category, but we are told that no one can come to the Lord unless he is drawn to so the supernatural work of God is involved also.

It is my personal belief that the Father through the Holy Spirit either gives us or allows us to have the faith to believe....

So I guess my answer would have to be (all the above) and most likely all at the same time.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

Who is Jesus? Isn

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/16/1993

Well, from a biblical perspective Christ is the Son of God. (Philippians 2:5-11)

He is also the second person of the holy trinity. (Matt. 18:19)

He came so that we might have life. (John 3:16-18)

Jesus IS Life, the only source of salvation. (John 14:6)

He was the "God-man", 100% man & 100% God.

He is EVERYTHING... I lack nothing... "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want (lack)." -Psalm 23:1

Pilate was wrong... It's not "What is truth?'' BUT "Who is truth?"

Jesus Is Truth! (John 17:17)

Thus, He is logic.... Reality!

I can certainly cry out with David when he wrote the 23rd Psalm... Aswell as in Psalm 14:1... One has to be a fool in order to deny reality. Plain and simple.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Well, from a biblical perspective Christ is the Son of God. (Philippians 2:5-11)

He is EVERYTHING... I lack nothing... "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want (lack)." -Psalm 23:1

I can certainly cry out with David when he wrote the 23rd Psalm... Aswell as in Psalm 14:1... One has to be a fool in order to deny reality. Plain and simple.

:amen:

:amen:

The non believers are staying away from this question like the plague. They know that this Jewish man (My God) supernaturally transformed this world 2000 years ago. I honestly think they know who He is and is just rejecting Him.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Who is Jesus? Isn't it amazing how one Jewish man transformed the world for generation to come? Have you wondered how this one man transformed the world? Something truly amazing must have happened during that time to get them to believe in Jesus and have the Way spread like wildfire. Was the resurrection the talk of the town? Was it the eyewitness accounts for all the miracles being performed? Maybe it was just supernatural work of God. What say you?

I don't know how to answer this question, especially without potentially offending anyone. So, can anyone point me in the direction of some accounts of Jesus outside of the Bible? Because, honestly, outside of the what the Bible says, I don't know much about him.

I don't know how to answer this question, especially without potentially offending anyone. So, can anyone point me in the direction of some accounts of Jesus outside of the Bible? Because, honestly, outside of the what the Bible says, I don't know much about him.

I guess the eyewitness account in the Bible best talks about who He was. There weren't too many journalists in those days, you might try here: http://users.binary.net/polycarp/jesus.html

Have you pondered on any of the other questions?

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I guess the eyewitness account in the Bible best talks about who He was. There weren't too many journalists in those days, you might try here: http://users.binary.net/polycarp/jesus.html

Thank you for the link. Much appreciated. :)

As for the other questions, I dunno, there have been other religions that have lasted a pretty long time and that were presumably thanks to one man (For example: Buddhism and Islam). I figure, at the end of the day, in order to believe all of the supernatural aspects of Jesus's story, one would first have to have faith in the Bible. I don't have faith in the Bible, so I don't believe any of the supernatural aspects of his story.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I guess the eyewitness account in the Bible best talks about who He was. There weren't too many journalists in those days, you might try here: http://users.binary....carp/jesus.html

Thank you for the link. Much appreciated. :)

As for the other questions, I dunno, there have been other religions that have lasted a pretty long time and that were presumably thanks to one man (For example: Buddhism and Islam). I figure, at the end of the day, in order to believe all of the supernatural aspects of Jesus's story, one would first have to have faith in the Bible. I don't have faith in the Bible, so I don't believe any of the supernatural aspects of his story.

Bless you,

Buddha and Muhammed are bth dead and remain so. However, Jesus Christ lives.:thumbsup:

I asked you a question in another thread now closed. You stated that you didn't have faith in the bible then too. However, when asked you stated that Jesus was a man but didn't believe that He was Supernatural.

You answered partially about some of the things He had to say.:thumbsup: I'm wondering if you feel that some of the things He had to say have some merit or are worth following or living out? Were they Righteous?

Say something like;

Mt 5:9

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Peace,

Dave