• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Hey Sharky,

I know you like Job.  Have you ever taken a look at the dialogue among the "friends"?  There are many similarities.  That is why I believe the spoken word of the Spirit through Elihu was different than the other friends, and why he was not rebuked.  It's interesting if you take a look at it with the mindset of a calvinistic discussion.  Just thought it was interesting.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  0

Tigershark, haven't I read here that you are an unbeliever? If so, then I wouldn't dream of getting into a theological debate with you. You first need to get right with God before even worrying over doctrines. Until then, the Bible says that you can not begin to understand the things of God, so why would I argue them with you?

As for whether there is hope for you, I would have to say yes, and I know that for a fact because every angry, sarcastic word you have spoken since my post came right out of my mouth, almost word for word. I had no desire to worship this "monster god". Now I am a child of

Guest Tigershark

This post did not escape me I am considering the offer.

Wondering if I am "choosen" or "eleted" or "decieved"

regards

Tigershark

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

I wasn't gonna post in this thread. I wasn't. I wasn't. Sigh - -

WIP, I admire that you stated that you "could be totally wrong" but will believe as you do until God tells you different. Most will not admit even  that. Being willing to learn, to be molded by our Father, THAT is the important thing.  That said, I have to say this.  A "deal" cannot be made for Tiger to be saved. The "deal" was made 2000 years ago. NOW it has to come soley from Tiger, from his heart. Tiger, you and you alone will know when it truly happens. Just saying the words don't get it. It is a heart condition. You have to mean what you say. There is a big thing in there about repentance. When the Holy Spirit draws us, CONVICTS us, and we come into agreement with Him concerning our state of being and salvation coming entirely from Jesus, and agreeing with Him, THEN we are saved. It isn't done as a trade off so someone will stop saying something.

It is real Tiger. HE is real.

Traveller, I do not think so highly of myself as to say that I am right about anything to do with such things, or that there is no room for growth in my heart and mind. I can only do as anyone else can - study the word, listen to proven and responsible teachers and make a decision.

And, please do not think I am cheapening what Christ has done by my use of the word "deal". My point was, what is really important here is the state of someone's soul - not how or why they come to God. AFTER they come to Him, then by all means, have a ball debating different doctrines. But, until then, that stuff is all smoke because a soul is at stake.

And, please do not think that I believe I can save Tigershark simply because I make a "deal" with him, or that I believe that just because he writes the words here that that makes him a believer bound for eternity with God. I was just trying to make the point that HE NEEDS THE LORD AND THAT IS THE ONLY IMPORTANT THING HERE, not differing doctrines.  If my shutting up eternally about the doctrine of election makes him call out to God, then I'm all for it. Don't you think God will take care of the rest, and how "real" his 'calling out'  is?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

I apologize, WIP. I misunderstood what you were saying. Of course the most important thing is the basics. The meats come later. I know that I was amazed at all the theories and doctrines that are out there, and I STILL don't know all of them! LOL  But it really is a personal relationship with Jesus and He leads us down our paths.

And I was not chastising you on the "know everything" area. I really was complimenting you.

Okay, I'm outta here!

:biggrin:

Hey Tigershark, at least this time I got a "regards" and not a "no regards".  :cool2:  :)

Why don't you stop 'wondering' and make the leap? Sometimes we think too much.

Don't wait to "feel" it. Just DO. Actions first, the feelings will come later.

You don't really believe it? So, tell God so. Tell Him you don't believe a word of it, but you are making a conscious choice to step out in blind faith. He will reward you for it. ( That one I am 100% sure about.  :rofl: )