nebula

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

yeh thats an optimistic way of looking at it but i doubt it's that simple. I mean people get bashed, raped, starve, murdered and there is mostly just pain and suffering which comes out of it. I'll have to go with the "fallen world" crap happens scenario.

How would you answer -

"Why is God allowing this to happen to me? Why doesn't He stop it? Doesn't He love me?"

Well i wouldn't try cherry coating it to make the person feel better. I would say, "wrong place wrong time" or "God doesn't intervene in everything that happens". Also "God obviously didn't want to stop it" and "Bad things happen to everyone, just because He didn't intervene doesn't mean He doesn't love you". The idea that God will make life easier because your christian is absurd. People make wrong decisions and make other people suffer for it. Other people make wrong decisions and make themself suffer for it. Theres a lot of ways for things to go wrong, thats the world we live in. Now i'm not saying that God doesn't send trials and stuff our way to help us, but sometimes bad things just happen.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  33

Bad things happen because Adam and Eve ate the fruit.

I am not sure that this is enough to explain really horrible things, like young children dying of cancer.

But if this is the case, I am not sure we can speak about an infinetely benevolent Father. And,

more seriously, I am not sure anymore for what Jesus died if we still have to pay for original sin.

We are not paying for the original sin, that has been paid in full. We are experiencing the earthly consequences of it.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I am not sure that this is enough to explain really horrible things, like young children dying of cancer.

But if this is the case, I am not sure we can speak about an infinetely benevolent Father. And,

more seriously, I am not sure anymore for what Jesus died if we still have to pay for original sin.

We are not paying for the original sin, that has been paid in full. We are experiencing the earthly consequences of it.

Amen candice, "we are punished by our sins, not for them"

Viole, as a backsliding Christian even you should understand the concept of Grace, especially if you were really saved in the first place?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

And yet Satan is in control of this earth and for a Christian he must get permission to tested.

Sister, why do you think satan gets permission from God to test us? I personally believe that satans world is a great big test, day after day for all people.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  05/29/1960

By satan's deception Adam and Eve sinned. This sin handed satan dominion of the world. The devil rules this world and is here to kill, steal and destroy our lives. The devils program is to get you to disbelieve God just as he did with Adam and Eve. The three sins he used in the beginning, and to this day is; the lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes and the pride of life.

God provided Christians the Holy Spirit and the bible to teach us how to live an abundant life in this world. Jesus is coming soon and you'll see what the garden of eden is like!

Roman 109 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Well i wouldn't try cherry coating it to make the person feel better. I would say, "wrong place wrong time" or "God doesn't intervene in everything that happens". Also "God obviously didn't want to stop it" and "Bad things happen to everyone, just because He didn't intervene doesn't mean He doesn't love you". The idea that God will make life easier because your christian is absurd. People make wrong decisions and make other people suffer for it. Other people make wrong decisions and make themself suffer for it. Theres a lot of ways for things to go wrong, thats the world we live in. Now i'm not saying that God doesn't send trials and stuff our way to help us, but sometimes bad things just happen.

I hope you know how to sit at the Lord's feet and listen to His heartbeat.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,859
  • Content Per Day:  8.05
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Neb I'm going to start calling you Mary...

Luke 10:38-42

38 Now it happened as they went that He entered a certain village; and a certain woman named Martha welcomed Him into her house. 39 And she had a sister called Mary, who also sat at Jesus' feet and heard His word. 40 But Martha was distracted with much serving, and she approached Him and said, "Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Therefore tell her to help me." 41 And Jesus answered and said to her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. 42 But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her."

NKJV

Love Steven

We can only hope.

By satan's deception Adam and Eve sinned. This sin handed satan dominion of the world. The devil rules this world and is here to kill, steal and destroy our lives. The devils program is to get you to disbelieve God just as he did with Adam and Eve. The three sins he used in the beginning, and to this day is; the lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes and the pride of life.

God provided Christians the Holy Spirit and the bible to teach us how to live an abundant life in this world. Jesus is coming soon and you'll see what the garden of eden is like!

Roman 109 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

Satan is just working for God.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  33

Satan is just working for God.

Say what?