Prime Number

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  264
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Interesting post on the numbers game. I continue to believe that the Bible is inerant even though we read what appears to be a contradiction in scripture. I have known of such things for awhile now but this isn't a problem for me as I understand a little differently on how the Bible was inspired.

Some of us believe in the verbal theory of inspiration. Believers in the verbal theory of inspiration believe that every word came from the mouth of God. Sorta like a stenographer in the court rooms taking word for word dictation. If we believe this, then I can understand what type of problems you can run into when dealing with these so called contradictions.

However, if you and I can understand that the Bible was inspired in plenary form, meaning that it was thought inspired, then we can read these so called contradictions but still know that the Bible is and always will be inerant.

Guest Elman
Interesting post on the numbers game. I continue to believe that the Bible is inerant even though we read what appears to be a contradiction in scripture. I have known of such things for awhile now but this isn't a problem for me as I understand a little differently on how the Bible was inspired.

Some of us believe in the verbal theory of inspiration. Believers in the verbal theory of inspiration believe that every word came from the mouth of God. Sorta like a stenographer in the court rooms taking word for word dictation. If we believe this, then I can understand what type of problems you can run into when dealing with these so called contradictions.

However, if you and I can understand that the Bible was inspired in plenary form, meaning that it was thought inspired, then we can read these so called contradictions but still know that the Bible is and always will be inerant.

I am more interested in the scriptures like Judges 1:19Judg 1:19

19 The LORD was with the men of Judah. They took possession of the hill country, but they were unable to drive the people from the plains, because they had iron chariots.

(from New International Version)

I also don't like the scripture in Samuel I think that talks about an evil spirit coming from the throne of God to act on behalf of God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

My reaction to reading these conflicts is why would anyone really care? They don't represent salvational issues or the Gospel. Since Scripture is Devinely inspired I'll not worry about and wait, I 'll find out later what really happened...

Guest Elman
My reaction to reading these conflicts is why would anyone really care? They don't represent salvational issues or the Gospel. Since Scripture is Devinely inspired I'll not worry about and wait, I 'll find out later what really happened...

I agree except God does not lie, and if something is saying God does lie, it is not from God and it is not divinely inspired.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/07/1987

Maybe the authors just slipped up....

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/07/1987

But this is very interesting. I think I've seen this list before, and i thought i saw a list that answers it. I'll try to find it.