IGNORED

Judging God

Isaiah 6:8

He knows the beginning and the end and is therefore the only One capable of making a judgment of context and relevance when it comes to distinctions of righteousness vs wickedness.

The mind of Christ, according to the Word, is to prefer others over oneself and this is how God operates. It is said that "God is love" but that love is not the same "love" which the world offers. His love is ALWAYS completely selfless and given, whereas the "love" offered in the greco-humanist world is based on selfish concerns mostly. We "take" what we need from someone else primarily.

In your flawed analogy, Brad is doing things to protect (or create) life but suddenly violates this uber-high principle with the destruction of life and innocence by selfish indulgence of a rape. This is clearly a contradiction of sin imposing itself on an otherwise "godly" existence.

yod, you're clearly intelligent enough to see that Brad's excuse of "I know the theory of morality inside out, you're not allowed to question me!" is a load of tripe, yet curiously you become blind to it when "Brad" is swapped out and replaced with "God". What gives?

Brad isn't God...and clearly you don't know who you are talking about. God isn't concerned with morality (as defined by humans) but with righteousness. You're trying to compare your finite reasoning to the infinite. Humans exist in 4 dimensions and He is outside of time and space.

He gives us a brain to explore these concepts, yet in the end, He is the only One with the answers to the questions we don't even know to ask.

Faith is defined as "strong trust" and this is exactly the test we have to pass for salvation. We either choose to trust Him (which includes His ways) or not.

I am a former atheist who starting reading the bible to prove it was wrong. After months of obsessive research to vindicate my opinions, I surrendered and was given power to overcome sin on January 15, 1990. There were dozens of times where I thought I had Him cornered with a contradiction, but upon further study and deeper research I would find that it was me who wasn't willing to accept what was true.

I hated religion when I was an atheist and I hate it even more now. My only concern was finding out what is true and that should be yours as well. Admittedly, there is a lot in the "christian religion" that is not true and I lament that truth suffers for cultural traditions....yet the Truth is still true.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Brad isn't God

I agree... and, sadly, it seems that this is THE reason for your regrettable double standards.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

When brad creates the universe, then the analogy would hold. Until then, it doesnt work.

God created. He set the rules for His creation. We have no right to judge Him.

Would you judge anyone else when they give AIDS to newborn babies, because thats what your god does... or does he "Move in mysterious ways"

When brad creates the universe, then the analogy would hold. Until then, it doesnt work.

God created. He set the rules for His creation. We have no right to judge Him.

Would you judge anyone else when they give AIDS to newborn babies, because thats what your god does... or does he "Move in mysterious ways"

"HE" doesn't give AIDS. He gives life.

He gave us instruction that would prevent AIDS from ever happening, if we'd follow it. He gave us a warning of what happens if we don't listen, but no, we judge Him as a killjoy of our wicked pleasures, and end up paying the price for it and blaming Him for the consequences of our sin.

You who judge God by YOUR standards are the hypocrites in this conversation.

Brad isn't God

I agree... and, sadly, it seems that this is THE reason for your regrettable double standards.

Yours is the double-standard for you have created Brad (and God) in YOUR image.

a shaky foundation at best

Faith is defined as "strong trust" and this is exactly the test we have to pass for salvation. We either choose to trust Him (which includes His ways) or not.

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. – Friedrich Nietzsche

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Nietzsche's a nut.

When you seek humans for truth, this is the corrupted version you will get. The bible defines faith as "strong trust", and that is the only definition which really matters.

As a regular here at Worthy has on their signature: "Nietzsche is dead...go figure". Nietzsche was a philospher primarily who was soured by the sad fact that christianity had become (and still is in most greco-nations) about traditions and manipulation instead of truth at the highest levels of (self-appointed) church authority, so at that level I agree with him completely. He was also bitter because his opinions weren't accepted and kept him out of Universities with a strong Lutheran foundation (all of them in Germany). He also wrote a good many things while mentally ill...and died insane.

He railed against the establishment of (German) religion, but never went far enough into the truth to find it.....like you?

Brad isn't God

Yours is the double-standard for you have created Brad (and God) in YOUR image.

a shaky foundation at best

Alright, heres a different one...

In the beginning, the Giant Purple Teapot, who is invisible but controls everything, made a bunch of rules. Those who followed them went to the sugar bowl in the sky and those who broke them went to the teabag bin.

But they were really difficult rules, so the Giant Purple Teapot decided to send Coffee Cup to the world. Coffee Cup was the Giant Purple Teapot 's son, but he was the Giant Purple Teapot Himself, too.

Coffee Cup's mission was to spread the word of the Giant Purple Teapot, his Father (i.e. Himself), but he was also our Saviour. This he accomplished by dying. You see, everyone is a sinner, and no-one can live up to the Giant Purple Teapot's rules. the Giant Purple Teapot seems to have realised that in due course. He could have, say, changed the rules or just absolved us all by fiat, but this whole kill-My-son (i.e. Myself) thing seemed easier.

Coffee Cup was predestined to break in the dishwasher for our sins. It was his calling. This is why he hid from the housekeeper like a fugitive, and why Plate, Jug and the Mountain Dews are all condemned for their complicity - because they wanted to kill a man who wanted to die and was preordained to die. Their crucial role in carrying out the Giant Purple Teapot's plan to redeem us all is why we should hate them today.

When Coffee Cup, who willingly died and could have prevented it if he had wanted, was on the cross, he called out 'Father, why have you betrayed me?' This means, 'Father (i.e. myself), why have You (i.e. I) abandoned me (i.e. Yourself) when I'm carrying out the mission that you (i.e. I) decided to undertake in the first place?' This is because the Giant Purple Teapot, who is omnipotent, could not bear to look sin in the face, and Coffee Cup (i.e. the Giant Purple Teapot) had become sin at that moment. Then Coffee Cup broke.

Except he didn't die. He spent a long weekend somewhere and then he was resurrected. So Jesus died for our sins, but he didn't die. He was raised again and now sits at the right hand of the Giant Purple Teapot. Except that he is the Giant Purple Teapot. But anyway, we can all go to the sugar bowl now, where we couldn't before Coffee Cup died/didn't die for us.

Of course, we can still go to hell. Jesus died for our sins, but it doesn't count unless you accept him as your Saviour. Plus, if you're Catholic, you also have to confess and repent and atone. And if you're Protestant, it doesn't much matter anyway, because God decided where you were going before you were born. Plus there's something about wine and thin little wafers.

When you seek humans for truth, this is the corrupted version you will get. The bible defines faith as "strong trust", and that is the only definition which really matters.

As a regular here at Worthy has on their signature: "Nietzsche is dead...go figure". Nietzsche was a humanist primarily who was soured by the sad fact that christianity had become (and still is in most greco-nations) about traditions and manipulation instead of truth at the highest levels of (self-appointed) church authority, so at that level I agree with him completely.

However, he didn't go far enough into the truth to find it.....like you?

The only truth i need chief is that there is no god and no heaven, theres not gonna be some big judgement where im gonna get thrown into the eternal fires because i once coveted my neighbours wife. I live for the now as this is the only opportunity we get for it, i do good things so that i get treated well in return