goldust59

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I wanted your take on the scripture I posted, not William Barclay's. If your opinion is the same as his, then guess we will have to 'agree we disagree' & leave it at that. Be blessed my brother, Deb

That happens a lot here with some people. You ask for their personal understanding and they quote someone else.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

I wanted your take on the scripture I posted, not William Barclay's. If your opinion is the same as his, then guess we will have to 'agree we disagree' & leave it at that. Be blessed my brother, Deb

That happens a lot here with some people. You ask for their personal understanding and they quote someone else.

That comment just shows me how uneducated you are and how I want nothing to do with idiots!

You probably don't know anything about William Barclay.

All you are is full of crappy comments and sarcasm. Just what I like to avoid. Hey! I don't need you or this forum. SEE YA all later!

I need this forum like I need cancer!

BYE!

You all have this all figured out anyway!

BYE!

brother borderline, I am not sure which of us you are speaking to but I will answer. I know who William Barclay is but I do not agree with everything he says. Why are you being so defensive? We are all in different stages of development in our Christian walk & some 'see' & understand more than others. Now i have not studied on the Daniel prophecies much & admit openly that I don't have it all figured out. It does look to me that what rollinThunder said is closest to the truth.

I have followed what you have said to see if you could shed more light on the subject for me, but then when someone disagrees you become offended & start name calling & saying we are all idiots. Brother, this doesn't help your witness.

Be at peace brother, we are all members of the same Body & should not be attacking one another.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

Brother borderline, I hope you reconsider & do not leave the forum. We all have a lot to learn & one way we learn is from one another, if not doctrine, we still learn & grow by exercising the fruit of the Spirit in adverse situations.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

That comment just shows me how uneducated you are and how I want nothing to do with idiots!

You probably don't know anything about William Barclay.

All you are is full of crappy comments and sarcasm. Just what I like to avoid. Hey! I don't need you or this forum. SEE YA all later!

I need this forum like I need cancer!

BYE!

You all have this all figured out anyway!

BYE!

To begin with, I don't need to know man and their understanding, but the Lord and His teachings. The thousands of denominations are built on the thousands of mans understanding ... Christ built only one body.

When someone asks for a persons understanding, they are asking them to put into their own words what they believe, not cut and past what another has said. If that is too much to ask, or your time is too short, be honest and say that. If you have not figured it out, again, be honest and say that. To call someone an idiot for not accepting a cut and paste when asked for their personal understanding is laughable.

May God bless you with helping you find the greener pastures where everyone plays by your rules ...

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,986
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

I just love the way people, when they can't figure something out in God's word, so they instead turn to the greek and hebrew in an attempt to find the answer. It's not like God hid the clues in them. Or have you tried asking Bill Clinton, for he once made the statement: It depends on what your definition of is is.

If the words make plain sense on their own, why not take them at face value?

I answered your question and you don't like my answer, so why don't you tell me the way you see it? But if you're going to go digging in the hebrew and greek, you're probably going to be led way out in left field somewhere.

You can answer anyway you like. All you're doing is building yourself up!

How do you know what I do or do not understand? Because it's not in accord with what you believe...which is the status quo anyway, doesn't mean you have to resort to sarcasm!

I alway's use the Greek and Hebrew. If you don't like it go back to school because that's the right thing to do and where most of you belong anyway!

Your inability to understand God's Word is caused by pride.

Your unwillingness to confront the interpretational problem that Daniel would prophesy about an empire that had already been in exixtance for decades proves to me that you have inadequate knowledge and understanding on the matter. But if you think that I'm the one who can't figure this out let's have at it!

If you're having trouble with understanding Daniel 7. Don't blame me or your liimited ability understanding prophecy on the original language of God's Word.

Blame yourself! And confront the problems with your interpretation!

How and why would Daniel prophesy about something already in existance for about 80 years???

You're no different than anyone else on a public forum. You're all talk and sarcasm and no substance!

You didn't answer my question! I asked how you pulled Rome out of Daniel 7. All I see is a host of excuses and a huge interpretational blunder on your part as well as an unwillingness to confront the issue. Which is typically the case when one is backed into a corner! And how is the corner you're in? Full of excuses and sarcasm just like the one onelight is in...dark and gloomy!

I will ask you again.

Quote one verse of end-time prophecy that points the finger to Rome as being a beast of the last days?

Wow! Are you angry, or what? I can't understand why you would be so upset. I know, maybe the little bit of dry humor I used about Bill Clinton really ruffled your feathers. But in all honesty, I was just using that hoping that you might see where I was coming from, but it looks like that was a mistake that backfired.

Look, I can understand completely looking into the greek and hebrew for understanding words you are unfamiliar with. But it appears to me that you are using them to change there meanings for the purpose of backing what you believe. But the reality is that all of these prophecies will be fulfilled in accordance with God's will, plan and purpose, and nothing we believe will ever be able to change them. It would really be a mess if it was the other way around. One guy believes this, another believes that, but that's why we need to seek His deeper truths that are unchangable. He has all the answers and it's up to us to find them. Keep knocking, asking and seeking. Ask Him for wisdom, knowledge and insight.

You can go ahead and call me any name in the book, but I'm not fazed in the least. I've already come to the conclusion that we are done here. It simply did not work, but no problem. I'm okay with that. Your apples and my oranges just don't mix.

As far as I'm concerned, there's no harm, no foul. I'm perfectly willing to let you hold on to your beliefs, whatever they may be.

Have a nice day. :)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

Hi - I' am not following your logic in this.

All apostles were eyewitnesses to the earthly ministry of Christ. This would include Paul, even though he was apposed to Christ at first, he still witnessed many events and miracles.

Where does it say that Paul was a eye witness to Jesus pre-Ascension?

The requirement of being an eye-witness to Jesus was a requirement Peter gave. It does not state this is a requirement God made for all ages.

Maybe, maybe not during His earthly ministry, but Paul did see Christ on the road to Damascus.

1 Corinthians 15:8-10

(8) And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

(9) For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

(10) But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

He was specially chosen and taught.

1 Corinthians 9:1

(1) Am I not an apostle? am I not free? have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? are not ye my work in the Lord?