• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

one question I have yet to see any evolutionist answer to any satisfaction is this. Where did the sexes come from? How in the world do you explain two sexes evolve at the same time to work perfectly for reproduction on not just one type of creature but tens of thousands of creatures. This has never made sense to me...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Don't worry. No matter the problem, all they'll do is throw a few million more years at it and voilà! Another "miracle" of nature! :laugh:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

When I was a Christian, I never understood why God created the sexes. I never had

a satisfactory answer to this question, either.

Genesis explains this.

Now there is a question on what was meant by "rib" in the original language - was it a bone, or did it mean more than that?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

one question I have yet to see any evolutionist answer to any satisfaction is this. Where did the sexes come from? How in the world do you explain two sexes evolve at the same time to work perfectly for reproduction on not just one type of creature but tens of thousands of creatures. This has never made sense to me...

I am not an expert in biology, but the obvious answer to your question (why tens of thousands of creatures?) is that

all these creatures evolved from a common organism that reproduced sexually.

But it is a good question. When I was a Christian, I never understood why God created the sexes. I never had

a satisfactory answer to this question, either. I know it sounds silly, but why do men have nipples? They look so

funny and useless....Did Adam have them? And why? This has never made sense to me ...

Yes but how did that evolve to reproduce sexually... ?...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

It never made sense to me either and there's a good reason for that. It's because it DOESN'T make any sense. :whistling:

Try this one on for size:

Strange but True: Males Can Lactate

In extreme situations where people are desperate enough....

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

It's interesting how evolution text books raise the issue, and then slip into discussions about the relative "costs" of asexual vs sexual reproduction, or why particular ratios of male:female are what they are, or how sex chromosomes have evolved. The one book I have found which addresses it head on (Skelton's "Evolution: A biological and palaeontological approach") concludes: "The evolution of sex has been described as one of the outstanding unanswered questions in evolutionary biology".

One thing's for sure - if the 2 sexes don't evolve at the same time, Game over.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Yep, it's interesting because asexual reproduction is so much more efficient than sexual reproduction, so it doesn't make sense that the development of sexual reproduction came about through evolutionary pressure. A quandry!

That still does not explain how sexual reproduction came about.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

It never made sense to me either and there's a good reason for that. It's because it DOESN'T make any sense. :whistling:

'This doesn't make sense to me.... so... GOD did it.'

Perhaps the reason it doesn't make sense to you is because you haven't thought about it? Or maybe because you haven't done any research on it? Oh, I get it. Your ignorant intuition is greater than that of a scientist who has dedicated their entire life to studying the evolution of sexes among organisms.

There are some things, although may go against natural human intuition, that are true, and you have to accept this. To the scientists of middle-aged Europe, it was inconceivable that the earth could be anything but a flat landscape, more or less a sphere. Since this landscape was finite, wouldn't people fall off the edge if they drifted to far? As it turns out, the earth was a lot larger than was originally conceived. Not only that, it was, in fact a sphere! In spite of all pre-conceived notions, after doing some scientific investigation, scientists were able to figure out that force of gravity from the earth was enough to retain all objects on its surface!

I'm not an expert in the field of evolutionary biology, so i do not have a satisfactory answer to your question. Instead of sitting around basking in your ignorance, I would suggest doing some research or perhaps reading a book by a scholar in the field.