elect

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

OK here's the deal.  A lot of people I know are mormons.  Well- a friend I know had 2 of his children killed in a car wreck this week.  They were mormons.  Here's the part I don't understand.  Its always been my belief if you didn't get saved and be baptised, then you were #### bound. Correct?  The thing is, I know Mormons don't beleive this, yet these people pray everyday to God, go to church every morning, etc....I'm having a hard time understanding whether or not these people are saved.  Any opinions?? Oh, and the kids were 17 and 15.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

There is great peace and comfort in knowing that the one who decides the answer to your question, is a perfectly just judge.

Let me ask you a question; If you were to die right now, do you know for certain where you would spend eternity?

• Content Count:  3

Oh, forgot to mention, I'm not Mormon.  Southern Baptist by the grace of God! :)  ANd yes, I do know where I will be. :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Amen, that's great Brandi!

The Gospel that brought salvation to you, needs to be shared with those who have been taught "another" Gospel, because we both know, that there is only one true Gospel.

• Content Count:  5

Did they believe in Jesus as their Lord and Savior and that God raised him from the dead?  I am not to familar with the mormons.  They don't have to be baptized to be saved.  Just to let you know.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  270
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Hey, kid...

You know, I'd like to know about the Mormons, too-I really don't understand what they believe.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

There is a website with information on all the cults including Mormonism:  http://www.watchman.org.  Mormons don't believe in the diety of Christ because they place him as an equal of satan. In fact they believe that satan and Jesus were brothers, and that God had a competition to see who could redeem the world and Jesus won. Their doctrines are very messed up and the leader of their church (Joseph Smith) received them from an angel supposedly. Actually its very, very similar to Islam if you investigate. Both believe that their leader received the information to start their religion from an angel (need I say demon imposter), and then the leader wrote a book, Islam:koran, mormonism: book of Mormon. There is more information at the website I gave, and you may want to bookmark it because they cover every cult known to man.

• Content Count:  4

Ok the official LDS website is LDS.org Don't go to some site that thinks they know about the Mormon religion.  Go to the source.  Mormons believe that Jesus is the son of God.  That he died for us.  They believe in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  They believe in the bible and the BOM.  

Oh and BTW, all Christainity sects are cults.  Just look up the def.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Mystical,Watchman.org is correct and you are mistaken. I am not attacking what they believe only telling the truth. The information at the site I posted is accurate, and the stuff on Mormonism is also: the testimony of former Mormons testifying to this fact. Mystical,if you were to study in depth the truth of Mormonism you would not be making the statements you are making unless of course you are a Mormon and you are deceived yourself. I am not attacking Mormonism, just giving truth. You can deny it, but the Mormon website is just that a propaganda tool of the church, and is not going to go into depth about the doctrines of Mormonism. If you were to look at the sources for these doctrines: Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price, and Doctrine and Covenants; you will see that I am not saying anything  (nor for that matter, the site I listed) that is not in there.

• Content Count:  4

Lanakila, I was Mormon but no longer practice.