IGNORED

Why Choose Christianity?

Isaiah 6:8

Work Work Work

These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.

They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me. John 16:1-3

What are the role of works in Islam? When you die are your works judged? In your religion are your good works weighed against your evil works, or is there something else? If it is his mercy that sends you to heaven, why are you required to do good works?

People must work as much as they can and they will be judged for their work and if they outweigh their sins, God promised them with Heaven. This is God's Mercy that He promised us with this, otherwise no works could be enough to cover God's blessings and grace from our creation to all gifts we were given through our life.

Work Work Work ~ But

God Said All Of A Man's Righteousness Is As Menstrual Rags

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. Isaiah 64:6

Work Work Work ~ But

God Said No Man Will Boast Of His Works

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Work Work Work ~ But

God's Book Said Without Belief Men's Works Deny Him

Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. Titus 1:15-16

So Either Remain In Your Sin

Of sin, because they believe not on me; John 16:9

Or Believe

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: John 11:25

And Be Blessed Beloved

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:20

Love, Joe

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

A Muslim,

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

People must work as much as they can and they will be judged for their work and if they outweigh their sins, God promised them with Heaven.

So, no matter how evil you might be, if you have done enough good works to outweigh your evil works, then you merit heaven? So I could murder someone but if I do enough good works to offset the act of murder, I will still go to heaven?

Did I say so? Good works are the second step, the first step is to have faith, if you have no faith, works won't save you. The next step after faith is good works. As for your second question about murder, there are two types of sins, sins against yourself like smoking or being lust, and sins against people like stealing and murdering. For the first type of sins, if you repent faithfully, God will forgive you, because this is something between you and God and promised to forgive us, if your sin is against someone else, if this guy didn't forgive you, then has a right that he must take, if he didn't take it now, he'll take it in the Hereafter, he will take from your points of good works, if you didn't have good points, you will carry his sins until he takes his right. Now, what is your case, if you murdered someone, then you repented, does this guy have a right to take from you?

So, how do you know in this life, if you have done enough good to outweigh your evil? I mean, is there a way to know for sure in this life what your eternal destiny is going to be?

You won't know it in this life, you must do as much as you can, besides, not just because you made good works, you are sure that they were accepted as your intention must be pure to God not to anything else.

I learned all of that from the Bible. It is not my invention. That God Himself would come in flesh to die for our sins is not the kind of naturally-occurring idea to be expected out of a human brain. We know this by revelation and we saw the fulfillment in Jesus.

See, for example, these prophetic passages:

(Isa 53:3-11)

(Dan 9:24)

(Mat 20:28)

And where did Jesus quote Isaiah 53 or Daniel 9:4, Jesus didn't clarify the ransom he was talking about. Besides, he said before crucifixion that he accomplished the work the Father gave to him, means that he never came to die for salvation and never said that man needed salvation through his death:

Joh 17:4 I glorified thee on the earth, having accomplished the work which thou hast given me to do.

When Adam sinned he separated himself from God, brought death upon himself and provoked the cursing of the earth. All his descendants are thus born in a state of separation from Our Creator into a cursed world and with a death sentence in our souls.

And what is the sin Adam's descendants made to be cursed? Is it because they were born from Adam?

Well, actually I can give much stories about people talking about miracles or visions occurring to themselves from different streams either in Islam or in Christianity or even paganism all these sects claims similar things are they all true and from God? Of course not, only one is true, and this is a tactic from Satan to drive people away from the right belief through things like these to let the adherents to this false belief adhere more to their belief. What I mean is that I don't believe these kinds of things are a real evidence, but the real evidence is looking through scriptures and analyzing beliefs.

I know the principles. But you were asking how I know, not how I could convince you.

People in other religions also think that this is the way the know as well, do you think they are true?

A Muslim,

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

A Muslim,

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/04/1963

And where did Jesus quote Isaiah 53 or Daniel 9:4, Jesus didn't clarify the ransom he was talking about.

His function as Messiah was to die for the transgressions of others. That was His one and only ransom.

Jesus quoted a number of prophecies about Himself and the writers of the Gospel and the epistles also quoted a few as they recognized them. Jesus lived or acted out other prophecies without necessarily quoting them with words, like the appointed time of His Ministry on earth as prophesied by Daniel, the place where He would be born, His brief exodus to Egypt, and many more.

Besides, he said before crucifixion that he accomplished the work the Father gave to him, means that he never came to die for salvation and never said that man needed salvation through his death:

Joh 17:4 I glorified thee on the earth, having accomplished the work which thou hast given me to do.

Please, remember that what is quoted in John 16 and 17 was His last address to His disciples. He was seized immediately after and could not preach anymore, let alone speak except for a few sentences here and there until He died. He gave confirmation of having accomplished His mission already because there was no backing down from His chosen path which was to be offered in sacrifice. Often times God speak of things to come as though they were. Notice how He tells the disciples in the same passage:

* I came forth from the Father, and have come into the world. Again I leave the world and go to the Father. (Joh 16:28)

* Behold, the hour comes, yea, has now come, that you will be scattered, each man to his own things, and you will leave Me alone. And yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me. I have spoken these things to you so that you might have peace in Me. In the world you shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer. I have overcome the world. (Joh 16:32-33)

And what is the sin Adam's descendants made to be cursed? Is it because they were born from Adam?

You are asking what has already been answered.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Well, actually I can give much stories about people talking about miracles or visions occurring to themselves from different streams either in Islam or in Christianity or even paganism all these sects claims similar things are they all true and from God? Of course not, only one is true, and this is a tactic from Satan to drive people away from the right belief through things like these to let the adherents to this false belief adhere more to their belief. What I mean is that I don't believe these kinds of things are a real evidence, but the real evidence is looking through scriptures and analyzing beliefs.

I know the principles. But you were asking how I know, not how I could convince you.

People in other religions also think that this is the way the know as well, do you think they are true?

The same thing happens with "looking through scriptures and analyzing beliefs" though, too. People look at the same things and draw different conclusions.

Oops~!

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ?

He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father:

(but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 1 John 2:22-23

Sin

Of sin, because they believe not on me; John 16:9

Oh Muslim

For the wages of sin is death;

but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

Sin~!

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life:

and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:35-36