• Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Brenda Angel: Untrained and Ready to Sculpt

By Sarah Purnell

The 700 Club

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Brenda Angel has never had an art class, yet she created a stunning 16-foot statue of the crucifixion of Jesus that's been displayed across the nation. She said the idea came to her in a dream when she was in college.

"I was watching Jesus being crucified. I heard, 'I want you to sculpt what I just showed you,' and I woke up," Angel recalled. "Every night I'd have the dream. Every night, every night, every night, the same dream. It was like I just had to do this. Like an urgency. I need clay in my hands now."

Angel asked a professor in the art department of her school for help.

"He turned around and he said, 'You can only use that clay in this room. You can't take any home and don't ask me anything. I will not help you build an armature,'" she continued. "So I said, 'What's an armature?' And he laughed at me. He said, 'You see, you're not going to be able to do this.'"

Despite the resistance and her lack of training, Angel pressed on. She began with the rib cage. Two weeks later, the art professor checked on her progress.

"I took the plastic bag off it and his smile left. And he didn't have a joke. And he said, 'You're a child prodigy, but you're an adult. . . . I've been sculpting for over 20 years and I still can't do the human form,'" Angel said.

<snip>

"I knew that it had to be larger than life because I wanted it to impact people the way the dream impacted me," Angel said. "The look in His eyes, the amount of love in His eyes...."

Because of its vast size, each piece of Jesus' body had to be sculpted separately. . . .

"All of the muscles and every thing just lined up. It was a miracle. And just stuck it on there, it was all perfect. It was totally God-ordained. He directed my hands," she explained.

Angel called the sculpture "Lamb of God." . . .

The rest here - and video showing the finished sculpture

Acts 17

10 Then the brethren immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea. When they arrived, they went into the synagogue of the Jews.

11 These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Seems we are hitting this topic a lot on the boards lately. So I will ask, how do you know if someone's dream/vision/experiences are of God?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Exodus 20:

[4] Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

[5] Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

[6] And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments

Exodus 20:

[4] Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

[5] Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

[6] And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments

:thumbsup:

Deuteronomy 4

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76

Seems we are hitting this topic a lot on the boards lately. So I will ask, how do you know if someone's dream/vision/experiences are of God?

"By their fruit"

"By their fruit"

Can one have good looking fruit and yet be in contradiction with the Word? (yes)

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76

As one who has recently been drawing the visions the Lord has given me during worship services, I'm not going to argue this.

Believe or reject me as you wish.

As one who has recently been drawing the visions the Lord has given me during worship services, I'm not going to argue this.

Well Neb I don't doubt that what you describe could happen, and so long as it's not in contradiction to the Word then I have no reason to discount it. God bless sis.

Well Neb I don't doubt that what you describe could happen, and so long as it's not in contradiction to the Word then I have no reason to discount it. God bless sis.

That's what it's all about.

Far too many people misinterpret good intentions as good fruit.