• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

I actually **gulp** - - agree with Obama on this.

Releasing the photos - in this age of Photoshop - would not convince anyone who is already predisposed to believe OBL is still alive.

And I believe the downside (increased risk for our troops, etc.) far outweighs any possible benefits.

Blessings!

-Ed

That's what I was getting at, Obama didn't want to release the photos of OBL, because the risk to our troops, but the risk is okay with the prison photos????? :duh: Besides everyone knows war is hell and some very bad things can happen during war. What benefit would come out of releasing the prison photos?

An old saying comes to mind " leave sleeping dogs lay".

The Islamic fanatics already hate our guts. Releasing the photos isn't going to make them hate us more than they do right now for killing OBL.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

only barbarics would want to see this kind of picture or people that still believe that death penalty is ok.

Don't Hijack the threat, but read Gen. 9:6.

"Whoso shed mans blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for the image of God made he man."

This verse gives us the right to take the life of a murder (such as Osama Bin Laden). The later part of the verse is telling us that such death is not meant by God to be a deterrent to murder, but portrays the inherent worth of man.

It gives us the right huh?

You betcha, Don't know about you, but God's word is good enough for me. :thumbsup:

Is it?

Ruck, the verse is all there in black and white. If you want to debate God over his words, be my guest. Many have tried to debate God, just to find out they can't win.

I actually **gulp** - - agree with Obama on this.

Releasing the photos - in this age of Photoshop - would not convince anyone who is already predisposed to believe OBL is still alive.

And I believe the downside (increased risk for our troops, etc.) far outweighs any possible benefits.

Blessings!

-Ed

That's what I was getting at, Obama didn't want to release the photos of OBL, because the risk to our troops, but the risk is okay with the prison photos????? :duh: Besides everyone knows war is hell and some very bad things can happen during war. What benefit would come out of releasing the prison photos?

An old saying comes to mind " leave sleeping dogs lay".

The Islamic fanatics already hate our guts. Releasing the photos isn't going to make them hate us more than they do right now for killing OBL.

This is true, the dogs are very much awake, but no sense in adding fuel to the fire.

only barbarics would want to see this kind of picture or people that still believe that death penalty is ok.

Don't Hijack the threat, but read Gen. 9:6.

"Whoso shed mans blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for the image of God made he man."

This verse gives us the right to take the life of a murder (such as Osama Bin Laden). The later part of the verse is telling us that such death is not meant by God to be a deterrent to murder, but portrays the inherent worth of man.

It gives us the right huh?

You betcha, Don't know about you, but God's word is good enough for me. :thumbsup:

Is it?

Ruck, the verse is all there in black and white. If you want to debate God over his words, be my guest. Many have tried to debate God, just to find out they can't win.

You stated something incorrect. You said we have the right. No we don't. This is not a debate over God's word but yours.

Now brother.....God only created one type of man and we are it, we have one head, one body, two arms and two legs, etc. There is nothing else on this earth that is called Man, but us/we. So Gen. 9:6 pretty much explains it, By MAN his blood shall be shed. We the people/state have the right to take the life of such a murder and this is God's word, not mind. If you disagree with Gen. 9:6, pray to God about it and good luck.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

So much for not getting off topic :24:

Now brother.....God only created one type of man and we are it, we have one head, one body, two arms and two legs, etc. There is nothing else on this earth that is called Man, but us/we. So Gen. 9:6 pretty much explains it, By MAN his blood shall be shed. We the people/state have the right to take the life of such a murder and this is God's word, not mind. If you disagree with Gen. 9:6, pray to God about it and good luck.

The problem is you are reading a right into it. This is not a right. This is not to say that I don't agree that people must be held responsible to taking a life, but it is not a RIGHT of man to kill another man.

Again God is saying, we/the state have the right to take a life of a murder, God did not (nor did I) say we have the right to kill a man in cold blood.

Again Gen. 9:6 is God's words, if you disagree, take it up with God. Before you do, you do realize the whole chapter (Gen.9) is about the Covenant that God has with man? Time does not change the covenant, it is like the 10 commandments, their written in stone.

The problem is you are reading a right into it. This is not a right. This is not to say that I don't agree that people must be held responsible to taking a life, but it is not a RIGHT of man to kill another man.

Again God is saying, we/the state have the right to take a life of a murder, God did not (nor did I) say we have the right to kill a man in cold blood.

Again Gen. 9:6 is God's words, if you disagree, take it up with God. Before you do, you do realize the whole chapter (Gen.9) is about the Covenant that God has with man? Time does not change the covenant, it is like the 10 commandments, their written in stone.

This is not a convenant. I have no problem with what God stated. I also see it another way, because we are fallen we will seek our own justice. Its a double edged sword....but it is by no means a RIGHT. No matter how you phrase it or attempt to read it in there. Man doesn't have the right to kill, but it doesn't mean that man will not seek justice, and sometime it involves life. I dont disagree with the Word, just your premise of rights.

OoooooKay, I got two Bibles here next to me, both on Chapter nine, one reads in the intro. Covenant and the other reads Covenant with Noah, Wow! who would of thought they were talking about a Covenant?

Gen. 9:6 Whoso shed mans blood, by man shall his blood be shed..... It is true there are verses in the Bible that will make you want to take a double take, but there sure isn't no ten dollar words in Gen. 9:6, it is pretty straight forward.

In my study Bible it reads this about the verse.

In this Covenant, we actually have the institution of government; the passage speaks of cold blooded murder: that being the case, the state has the right to take the life of such a murder.

Now it is 12:27, I must hit the sack because 5:30 comes awful early, if think you can prove these simple words can possibly mean anything else, post it and I'll read it tomorrow afternoon.

Good night (taps are long over)

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

OK, this diversion has nothing to do with how Bin Laden died. He was not executed. The SEALs gave him the option to surrender. When it appeared he was going for a gun, they prevented him from killing any of them. (And before claiming they should have given him a chance, keep in mind who we are talking about here and what he believes and what religion he belonged to.)

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Now I don't get this!

I was just on the news site, and new photos of the compound were released -

Including the pictures of 3 men who were killed in the raid!!!!! (Blood, bullet wounds, and all.)

Does not compute....does not compute....does not compute....

Guest man
you do realize the whole chapter (Gen.9) is about the Covenant that God has with man? Time does not change the covenant, it is like the 10 commandments, their written in stone.

Jesus gave us a New Covenant.