• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

only barbarics would want to see this kind of picture or people that still believe that death penalty is ok.

Don't Hijack the threat, but read Gen. 9:6.

"Whoso shed mans blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for the image of God made he man."

This verse gives us the right to take the life of a murder (such as Osama Bin Laden). The later part of the verse is telling us that such death is not meant by God to be a deterrent to murder, but portrays the inherent worth of man.

Guest LadyC

it gives the government the responsibility.

and that responsibility has been carried out in regards to obl.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I do not live in the old testament.

"You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.' But I tell you, don't resist him who is evil; but whoever strikes you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also. If anyone sues you to take away your coat, let him have your cloak also. Whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two. Give to him who asks you, and don't turn away him who desires to borrow from you.

Matthew 5:38-42

Of course in mine not perfect heart I am please that OBL is not in the world anymore. I am from NY and had suffered very closely the consequences and the pain of 9/11.

Edited by LCE635

only barbarics would want to see this kind of picture or people that still believe that death penalty is ok.

Don't Hijack the threat, but read Gen. 9:6.

"Whoso shed mans blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for the image of God made he man."

This verse gives us the right to take the life of a murder (such as Osama Bin Laden). The later part of the verse is telling us that such death is not meant by God to be a deterrent to murder, but portrays the inherent worth of man.

It gives us the right huh?

You betcha, Don't know about you, but God's word is good enough for me. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,925
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

I actually **gulp** - - agree with Obama on this.

Releasing the photos - in this age of Photoshop - would not convince anyone who is already predisposed to believe OBL is still alive.

And I believe the downside (increased risk for our troops, etc.) far outweighs any possible benefits.

Blessings!

-Ed

No body, no Photos :foot-stomp: :foot-stomp: Like I said before, Obama would mess up a free lunch counter. :30:

:24::thumbsup:

Haven't heard that lunch counter one in years . . . thanks! :laugh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

I do not live in the old testament.

"You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.' But I tell you, don't resist him who is evil; but whoever strikes you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also. If anyone sues you to take away your coat, let him have your cloak also. Whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two. Give to him who asks you, and don't turn away him who desires to borrow from you.

Matthew 5:38-42

Of course in mine not perfect heart I am please that OBL is not in the world anymore. I am from NY and had suffered very closely the consequences and the pain of 9/11.

This is one of several passages cited of a type which encourage not resisting evil, not taking revenge, and so on. But they are all in the context of personal relationships and have nothing to do with the judicial functions of the state.

Certainly persons should forgive others who commit criminal acts against them, but this does not oblige the state to "forgive". If it did, then we could not even imprison a person or so much as exact a fine for a parking ticket.

It is patently obvious that capital punishment was practiced in ancient Israel and was not repudiated in the NT at all. - Tektonics

I actually **gulp** - - agree with Obama on this.

Releasing the photos - in this age of Photoshop - would not convince anyone who is already predisposed to believe OBL is still alive.

And I believe the downside (increased risk for our troops, etc.) far outweighs any possible benefits.

Blessings!

-Ed

That's what I was getting at, Obama didn't want to release the photos of OBL, because the risk to our troops, but the risk is okay with the prison photos????? :duh: Besides everyone knows war is hell and some very bad things can happen during war. What benefit would come out of releasing the prison photos?

An old saying comes to mind " leave sleeping dogs lay".

No body, no Photos :foot-stomp: :foot-stomp: Like I said before, Obama would mess up a free lunch counter. :30:

:24::thumbsup:

Haven't heard that lunch counter one in years . . . thanks! :laugh:

You might be giving away your age. :24:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Like I said before, I do not intent to change peoples opinions. By the end we do have to answer to God, even our interpretation of the scriptures, That is why he gave us the Holly Spirit to help us understand the word. I believe we are all mature christians and we do know what is right and wrong. I wish I new more about the Bible but I am happy I at least know the basics.