• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

Obama Invokes Bible to Push Amnesty

Obama: "Immigration reform is a moral imperative, and so it's worth seeking greater understanding from our faith. As it is written in the Book of Deuteronomy [10:19], 'Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.' To me, that verse is a call to show empathy to our brothers and our sisters; to try and recognize ourselves in one another."

Video Here

It doesn't, however, say to let them invade your land and use up all resources and commit criminal acts with impunity! Obama takes scripture out of contacts and uses it for his purposes. He probably doesn't even understand the Word, let alone apply it to today.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Can I :emot-puke-old: now? Obama said that we have amnesia and can't remember about our grandfathers when they came to Ellis or Angle Island. Now who really has amnesia? Obama seems to forget that our grandfather came here LEGALLY and took an oath to become American Citizens, plus they had to learn to speak English to the extent where they could at least carry on a conversation.

I wonder who found that scripture for him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Can I :emot-puke-old: now? Obama said that we have amnesia and can't remember about our grandfathers when they came to Ellis or Angle Island. Now who really has amnesia? Obama seems to forget that our grandfather came here LEGALLY and took an oath to become American Citizens, plus they had to learn to speak English to the extent where they could at least carry on a conversation.

I wonder who found that scripture for him.

Rev. Jim Wallis found it for him.:thumbsup: When you speak of him use the term Reverand lightly.:taped:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/26/1996

Whenever a politician uses a Bible verse...I'm very wary.

It is, at times, nothing more than a method to A) Gain attention B) Try and use it as a spring board for your agenda, rather than a whole-heart-ed opinion based on scripture.

Regarding illegal immigration though:

Amnesty is not the answer. Quoted from Californian Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger (Comparing Amnesty to a similar 1980's program),

"It backfired big-time. It sent the wrong message: You come here illegally, and then we go and give you amnesty. So then, the next million come and they say, 'Hey, we get amnesty, this is really terrific"

Course though, I don't believe we should begin lining the border with walls and barbed wire.

Especially when you consider the conditions in Mexico (the prime source of illegal immigrants).

I mean, it's a poor country in comparison. Sure they don't have the right to come over here undocumented, but it is very tempting to jump the border when you consider the much better pay. Not to mention, we are somewhat to blame for this. (Google US Illegal Immigration Explained, bottom of page 1 and top of page 2).

Admittedly, I don't have a solution to this problem either. Though I'm starting to think we should create a new VISA-that would allow immigrants the ability to work documented in the USA, only specialized for manual labor. I admit, I haven't thought of all the details of this idea, nor the implications of it. I'm rather juvenile, so I might just be a kid dreaming big. Who knows (well certainly I don't know), maybe this idea has been tried and has failed.