• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

To allow Muslims to read their Koran in our churches is a prostiution of the pulpit. Any church that alligns themself with this "Koran reading" has made themselves a fornication of bricks.

That was one of the best statements I ever read here at Worthy! :thumbsup::emot-highfive:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  517
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know about other Christians, but I am settled in the Truth of Christ. I am not afraid of hearing or reading the Koran. Maybe it would be good to show Muslims how the Truth of Christ is not afraid of the things said in their book, lest they think the Spirit of our faith is unsettled by reading it. The meek will inherit the earth, not the one's saying, believe the same as us or we will hate you.

Therefore, I disagree that tolerance is of the devil. Loving your enemies is a Godly attribute, and is how the Spirit of Christ rises above all the deceptions of this world. We need to love the Muslims even if it kills us. That means being prepared to die rather than deny Christ, but not hating others because they don't know him. This may sound like a pacifist approach, but I do believe God has to allow for you to be killed for your testimony. We have nothing to fear from the Muslims therefore, since we are already dead in Christ.

Each person will handle it differently according to their faith. But as for me, I see nothing wrong with reading the Koran, unless the people in that church are not grounded in Truth. God is not in a book, He is not a bunch of laws. He is a Spirit, and He is Love. Christ is the proof of that Love for all to see. What can the Koran say that tops that?

Maybe you are comfortable with bringing the pagan into the House of the Lord, but I am not. And you are seriously diluted if you believe that the non-muslim world has nothing to fear from Islam. Their stated goal, in their "holy book," is to either convert or kill those who do not ascribe to their "faith."

I am aware of what is in their book. It's only a book. I don't fear them, they fear me. Jesus said weep for yourselves because this world is supposed to hate Christians. I accept the prospect of suffering persecution even as Christ submitted to the cross.You express hate to me because I advocate returning good for evil? You call it bringing the Pagan into the house of the Lord, they call me an infidel, how are you any different than them? If scripture is true, I am the house of the Lord if be His Spirit resides in me. I am undaunted by words I can easily dispel as falsehood. Show me where the Koran says that God would have us return good for evil and that this Spirit is the Love of God and I will agree with it even as I believe in the Christ for the same reason. If not let it be compared to the Truth of the Christ for all to see. The Truth does not fear lies, lies fear the Truth.

Edited by childeye

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

I don't know about other Christians, but I am settled in the Truth of Christ. I am not afraid of hearing or reading the Koran. Maybe it would be good to show Muslims how the Truth of Christ is not afraid of the things said in their book, lest they think the Spirit of our faith is unsettled by reading it. The meek will inherit the earth, not the one's saying, believe the same as us or we will hate you.

Therefore, I disagree that tolerance is of the devil. Loving your enemies is a Godly attribute, and is how the Spirit of Christ rises above all the deceptions of this world. We need to love the Muslims even if it kills us. That means being prepared to die rather than deny Christ, but not hating others because they don't know him. This may sound like a pacifist approach, but I do believe God has to allow for you to be killed for your testimony. We have nothing to fear from the Muslims therefore, since we are already dead in Christ.

Each person will handle it differently according to their faith. But as for me, I see nothing wrong with reading the Koran, unless the people in that church are not grounded in Truth. God is not in a book, He is not a bunch of laws. He is a Spirit, and He is Love. Christ is the proof of that Love for all to see. What can the Koran say that tops that?

Maybe you are comfortable with bringing the pagan into the House of the Lord, but I am not. And you are seriously diluted if you believe that the non-muslim world has nothing to fear from Islam. Their stated goal, in their "holy book," is to either convert or kill those who do not ascribe to their "faith."

I am aware of what is in their book. It's only a book. I don't fear them, they fear me. Jesus said weep for yourselves because this world is supposed to hate Christians. I accept the prospect of suffering persecution even as Christ submitted to the cross.You express hate to me because I advocate returning good for evil? You call it bringing the Pagan into the house of the Lord, they call me an infidel, how are you any different than them? If scripture is true, I am the house of the Lord if be His Spirit resides in me. I am undaunted by words I can easily dispel as falsehood. Show me where the Koran says that God would have us return good for evil and that this Spirit is the Love of God and I will agree with it even as I believe in the Christ for the same reason. If not let it be compared to the Truth of the Christ for all to see. The Truth does not fear lies, lies fear the Truth.

I am shockingly In partial agreement with you on a few points. We are to love our enemies. But we are never to tolerate sin or bend to the wims of an evil man or in this case to the whims of an evil religion! I do think we need to reach Muslims for Christ but letting them teach us the things of their god in our house of worship is wrong. Remember that Jesus threw out the money changers and beat them with a whip! He did not tolerate he defilement of the temple.

Also I agree a grounded Christian should not fear reading the Koran especially if the plan to reach out and debate a muslim. However churches are full of people with many different levels of faith and some may be led astray as I have a feeling only the "nice" passages will be read not ones such as "if a women disobeys you, beat her lightly." as I read in a Koran in an Islamic country. We should not tolerate sin, but we should love the sinner. You know full well how I feel about tolerating sin and bad theology.

Oh and as mentioned befor I am in a position to witness to two young muslim brothers who are very nice young men who need Jesus. I am not going to tell anyone to do anything that I am not willing to do. So Muslims are lost and need Jesus just like everyone else, we are not to fear, or bow to them or tolerate the evils that they often do in the name of there go, but we are to take Jesus to them.

Guest SDGS

I am not a christian but i can see how wrong this is. We have freedom of religion here, but that was put in place to prevent a single national religion such as the UK has.

I would tell the muslims wanting their book read in our churches to show that our book would be given the same respect in Iran.

Will all of them preach "Love one another."

If Love is TRULY in their hearts probably is worth listening.

If they will give their human version of the word of God, it is not worth it, they may do nothing but stumble you.

Love and Light!

DS

Not "love one another" but "Love God". And God ain't Allah.

What was Jesus Christ commandment?

"'And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.

I am shockingly In partial agreement with you on a few points. We are to love our enemies. But we are never to tolerate sin or bend to the wims of an evil man or in this case to the whims of an evil religion! I do think we need to reach Muslims for Christ but letting them teach us the things of their god in our house of worship is wrong. Remember that Jesus threw out the money changers and beat them with a whip! He did not tolerate he defilement of the temple.

Also I agree a grounded Christian should not fear reading the Koran especially if the plan to reach out and debate a muslim. However churches are full of people with many different levels of faith and some may be led astray as I have a feeling only the "nice" passages will be read not ones such as "if a women disobeys you, beat her lightly." as I read in a Koran in an Islamic country. We should not tolerate sin, but we should love the sinner. You know full well how I feel about tolerating sin and bad theology.

Oh and as mentioned befor I am in a position to witness to two young muslim brothers who are very nice young men who need Jesus. I am not going to tell anyone to do anything that I am not willing to do. So Muslims are lost and need Jesus just like everyone else, we are not to fear, or bow to them or tolerate the evils that they often do in the name of there go, but we are to take Jesus to them.

I'm not shocked you agree, as I've told you before we are only divided in semantics. Misunderstandings whether they are my fault or yours has never changed the fact that I must regard you as myself and be your servant and the same goes for Muslims. Treat others as you would want to be treated. Now how is it you will not tolerate sin when Jesus tolerated a cross for the sake of forbearance? You will not bow and I trust that means to capitulate to another master other than Christ, but I will bow and that means to wash others feet in capitulation to the Master. I do not advocate for sin but for mercy since we are all sinners.

I do not deserve to be cast as a supporter of false religion because I am not offended by the Koran or any of the stench of humanity present in a building of worship. I am not there to judge such things, but to worship the love that does tolerate such things. We were all of a false religion before we saw Christ and that was by grace. How can one perservere in purity without acknowledging this. Does it occur to anyone that the devil is behind ours and theirs warfare. Love is eternal and you may find those who killed you in the name of Allah begging forgiveness in heaven from you, out of sincere desperation because they now see they were deceived. Likewise if we give in to hatred, it may be us begging forgivness.

I've ministered to Muslims and find them falling on their knees begging for more words about the Christ. Funny how the same words on this forum sometimes are counted as blaspheme. You and I still have unfinished business. Love existed before us. We were made and began our sentient existence in Love. We did not choose love, we could only choose betrayal and to now say we've decided by our freewill to trust Love again after seeing the product of depravity is disingenuos. Why not just honestly say I learned my lesson and try not to have to learn it again? Satan proposed the option, he introduced distrust in God. The factv we followed was ignorance not freedom.

Edited by childeye

I am not a christian but i can see how wrong this is. We have freedom of religion here, but that was put in place to prevent a single national religion such as the UK has.

I would tell the muslims wanting their book read in our churches to show that our book would be given the same respect in Iran.

I do not advocate for religion seeing that there is only one God. Ther are therefore only two spiritual kingdoms of light and dark. If you are not in one you are in the other, no matter what religion you are. Those in the light are willing to sacrifice themselves to save others, such is their Love. Those in the darkness are willing to sacrifice others to save themselves, such is their love. Our book against their book is a stupid war fought by the carnal minded.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

He did not tolerate sin. He took the punishment but he did not tolerate. I will not debate with you on the other subject yet again you refuse to listen so no point. As for the Word I grow weary of you twisting it.

Guest SDGS

I do not advocate for religion seeing that there is only one God. Ther are therefore only two spiritual kingdoms of light and dark. If you are not in one you are in the other, no matter what religion you are. Those in the light are willing to sacrifice themselves to save others, such is their Love. Those in the darkness are willing to sacrifice others to save themselves, such is their love. Our book against their book is a stupid war fought by the carnal minded.

Huh?? I have no idea what you are talking about. I am not a christian and the freedom of religion was set up to prevent a national church, and i think reading the kuran in church is wrong, and said so with the comparison of "would Iran allow our bible in their church". I don't know what all that about light means. I never said "our book against their book", but i think maybe you did. You said all that about light and dark, so i assume you mean me, and/or the muslims, are in that dark? You made it "our book against theirs", not me.

He did not tolerate sin. He took the punishment but he did not tolerate. I will not debate with you on the other subject yet again you refuse to listen so no point. As for the Word I grow weary of you twisting it.

As you know, I have asked how I twist what you call the Word and I call scripture, and you have never any proof to go with your accusation. How you claim I will not listen is not understood since I earnestly desire to hear. Nonetheless I will not beg for your attention to such things if it be unsavory for you. I simply sought unity and peace in Christ. Jesus did not tolerate hypocrisy, he considered sin a sickness and he a doctor. May God bless you and your house always and I sincerely mean that.

Edited by childeye