IGNORED

How Much Of The Law Is A Christian Under?

wyguy

Guest Butero

before Jesus was crucified, He did keep the laws. after His resurrection, it's a different story.

What evidence do you have that Jesus failed to keep the law after his resurrection? :noidea:

before Jesus was crucified, He did keep the laws. after His resurrection, it's a different story.

What evidence do you have that Jesus failed to keep the law after his resurrection? :noidea:

none...it's pure conjecture.

The Law is still Gods Word and reveals His character. These are the things which He considers to be important and "every word of God is pure, it is a shield to those who put their trust in Him" Proverbs 30:5

The Torah was the Constitution and governing document for a nation of slaves leaving Eygpt. Unless you live in Israel under a theocracy, it doesn't apply in the same way...but that doesn't mean there is no application.

The righteous requirements of the Torah are as true today as they ever were, and Yeshua explains how we ARE to fulfill the Law in Matthew 5 starting at verse 17.

Being "under the Law" is a phrase Paul used to describe those who were not "saved". They will be judged "under the Law" instead of under mercy. But we who think we stand had better be sure that we aren't in rebellion, because there is no place in the Word where God honored a rebellious person.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars

Edited by Press Forward

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

this is a joke question, right?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Christians sin (we should not feel like we have a licence to sin post salvation, but we do sin, and it should break our hearts) after salvation, but that does not make us unsaved or immoral or etc etc etc... it just means we are Christians and our sins are forgiven.

2.Romans 3:8

Why not say

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

The people who committed such sins will turn from them...will have a Godly sorrow and Godly repentence for ever committing them....will cry tears of shame and guilt for ever participating in them....and will call their acts of sin ....evil and wicked and will not want them in their life ever again.....and if they have a weak moment..they will get on their knees and repent with tears of sorrow....I do believe those people will be in Heaven.

The people who call themselves christian.....whose hearts are so hardened...and there pride is so wide....and want Jesus on their terms...and don't have a problem with glorified sin...or standing with glorified sinners....some expect an apology from Jesus because of the bad decisions they made....will not see the Kingdom of Heaven...and be cast into the lake of fire...

How is this different to what I said? There will be Christians in heaven who have committed such sins and for whom those sins are paid for by the Lord. True believers repent and are convicted over their sin. I really don't see we have said much different.

What is really weird...you had a problem with a 4 year olds innocent visit to heaven...and how the child was wrong...and now it sounds like you want to drag wickedness into Heaven...that seems weird...

I'm not dragging wickedness into heaven at all. I'm acknowledging the sin that Christ paid for so that we can get into heaven in the first place :wub:. Have a look at your own life, do you recognise that the sins you committed would have keep you out of heaven if not for His sacrifice? I know I would be... since ALL sin would keep us out of heaven. I belong in that list... I have sins for which I do not deserve heaven. Written in black and white, I'm a sinner and sin separates from God. But I'm going to heaven, my sins have been separated from me as far as east is from west. According to Him, I am washed as white as snow. And so are you sis :emot-highfive:.

This isn't about dragging wickedness into heaven, but Christ certainly did come to pay the price for the wickedness so that the doers of wickedness might be saved. Please don't accuse me of dragging wickedness into heaven, such emotional accusations are not helpful when we want to discuss a topic.

As for the 'innocent' 4 year old boy, I don't believe for he is not innocent in his dealings, I just think he is wrong and that his encounter, whatever it may be, was not of God.

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. For Moses writes about the righteousness which is of the law,

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,390
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Talking to various Christian friends of mine, it seems they all have a different perspective when it comes to the Mosaic Law and how much a believer is under it.

Some say we are to still obey the Law including all the Feast Days. Others say we are no longer under the Civil Law but still under the Moral precepts of the Law. And finally, some maintain that we are no longer under any aspects of the Law because Christ did away with it on the cross.

What say you guys?

Our Father wrote His law on our hearts with The Blood of His Son....

Ezek 11:19-21

19 Then I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within them, and take the stony heart out of their flesh,

and give them a heart of flesh, 20 that they may walk in My statutes and keep My judgments and do them; and they

shall be My people, and I will be their God.

NKJV

I do not do to gain but do to the persuasion of Him that is within me-> I Love The Father

and the things of the Father and first is my Lord His Son and then the people around me...

1 John 5:1-5

5 Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him who begot also loves him who is

begotten of Him. 2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. 3 For

this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 4 For whatever is

born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world