• Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Why the Same-Sex Marriage Experiment Will Not Work

By Jim Daly

Published May 24, 2011

FoxNews.com

<snip>

I am, naturally, personally opposed to the legalization of same-sex marriage for the simple but profound reason that it violates and contradicts the sacred text of the Bible, which I believe to be true and inspired. But on what basis should I expect people who don

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Viole you can't always seen and measure the impact.

The church of Sweden needs to repent. This is so clearly spelled out in scripture that it boggles my mind to quibble about it :blink: .

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

How long have children in your country grown up without a male figure? Or without a female figure?

Guest shiloh357
If you refer to the part that says that homosexuality is an abomination, then you have to consider that there are other parts in scriptures which are not endorsed anymore by any church in the world. So, either you apply all the laws of scripture or you make exceptions, but then why not making an exception with homosexuality?

Hi Viole,

It doesn't really work that way. Why? Because not every part of the Bible is written to every person. The Bible was written over a span of 1,500 years, by 40 different authors spanning 40 generations on three continents. Every passage has address. It's like the address on a postage envelope. An envelope has the name of the sender and the name of the recipient. In the same way every Scripture has an address or intended recipient and an author or sender.

Many of the OT commandments that were given to Israel were not extended to the church. They were given to Israel and only to Israel under certain conditions such as when Israel was a theocracy. Even of the commandments that were applicable only to Israel, they were not applicable to every person. Women, had commandments that applied only to them. Circumcision only applied to males. Certain laws only applied to Levitical priests. Some commandments only applied if you were married or had children or owned cattle or had contracted a disease like leprosy.

There is just no way you can make the blanket charge that if we enforce one commandment we have to enforce them all or none at all. There were ceremonial (sacrificial) laws, civil (stoning uncontrollable sons, stoning sabbath breakers), but there are moral/ethical laws (sexual immorality, honesty, not lying, not murdering) that are universal in scope and we find these moral laws repeated in the NT. Moral evil is universal and God refers to homosexuality as an abomination and He hasn't changed.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Thank you Shiloh, that is how I would have replied too. Only to add, that even IF the church were wrongfully applying a passage on another issue, how does that justify wilful disregard for passages regarding homosexuality?

Guest shiloh357
I really do not understand what the problem with homosexuality is. Most of other animals have it, too, so it looks like being a part of nature, anyway (I see homosexual cows all the time since I work in Switzerland). To call it a sin is a bit strange:

Oh well, of course... if the animals are doing it that just makes it okay. I guess you keep your poop in a shoe box so you can throw it complete strangers since that is what some animals do. Or maybe we should walk around smelling each other's butts. Or maybe since they eat their young we should starting eating our children too. Or maybe we should spend the evening eating the lice we can pick out of each other's hair, cause hey!!! That is what the animals do!!!!

My cousin is a zoologist and he explains that it has nothing do with homosexuality and is far more complex and has to do with domination of the pack/herd. It is about who gets to be the alpha male and not about sexual gratification. Even dogs who are neutered engage in that behavior.

- Most real homosexuals develop their orientation at a very young age, they simply feel no attraction for the other sex whatsoever. What fault have they for having been born with this orientation?
They are not born with it. That is urban legend and junk science. Many homosexuals have been delivered through coming to Christ and will testify that is a spiritual bondage, not something that is natural or something they were born with.

-

To say that this is a sinful activity is a bit strange. It makes it look like everybody has this temptation and the homosexuals are the ones who actually exercise it. Who can have this temptation apart from homosexuals or bisexuals? I am not homosexual and I never even remotely thought about sex with another woman, so why should I care if someone is so different from me? A lot of people are different from me in many aspects, so what? I suspect, the ones who think it can be a sinful temptations are the ones who actually experience such a temptation, too.
The reason we care about it is because God calls it a sin and an abomination. It is because we care about them and want them to come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. We don't want them to spend eternity separated from God. We want to see them delivered from this bondage.

- I have never been annoyed by homosexuals, or at least not more than by heteros, therefore if people do not affect my freedom I have no reason to condemn them. I believe that everybody should be free to do what they want as long as they do not invade the freedom of others.
That is the equivalent to not warning someone that the bridge is out ahead and letting them fall to their death simply because you are too selfish and morally indifferent to care about them and the danger that awaits them.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  844
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  11

They are not born with it. That is urban legend and junk science. Many homosexuals have been delivered through coming to Christ and will testify that is a spiritual bondage, not something that is natural or something they were born with.

What I find interesting is that it's both considered beyond their control but also considered a "lifestyle choice", abdicating the behaviour from responsibility on one hand by claiming it can't be helped, but legitimizing it as a valid social behaviour on the other by calling it a lifestyle choice.

Guest shiloh357

What I find interesting is that it's both considered beyond their control but also considered a "lifestyle choice", abdicating the behaviour from responsibility on one hand by claiming it can't be helped, but legitimizing it as a valid social behaviour on the other by calling it a lifestyle choice.

That is such a succint and well put observation. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Also, Viole if you belive in evolution, as I know you do, evolution teaches only what works gets passed on, so what are the odds of a gay gene being passed on over millions of years and thousands of generations?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

- Forgetting the biblical condemnation, which worries nobody here really, I cannot detect any measurable social instabilities or moral chaos deriving from homosexuals being able to marry (in the church or not)

Sorry to be crude but It's hard to tell when something stinks when you're standing knee deep in manure.

- I know some homosexual couples, but we can get along pretty well, or in any case, no worse, than heterosexual couples

Just because you're friendly doesn't make homosexual relations any less perverse.

- My kids go to schools with children having parents of same sex. Of course, they make some fun about that, like all kids, but otherwise some of them are quite popular at school

Even kid's naturally know it's something to be mocked.

- People here are used to have kids without one male or a female parents. It s not only homosexuals, I know women who want to grow a child without having men around (kinda understand them :-). We can access a wide variety of sperm banks in Scandinavia where we can choose the characteristics of the donor (white/black, tall/small, logical/artistic, etc.) and then use artificial insemination.

Shhh be wvery wvery quite I'm hunting WRabbits! I'll skip down this rabbit trail with you though.. There have been and are on going studies showing that children that grow up with out a father or mother do worse in school, have more problems in social activities, more likely to drop out of school, are at a greater risk of teen pregnancy, abusing drugs, and get in trouble with the law. A simple Google search brought up thousands of sites that show this.

That does not seem to affect the psychology of the resulting kids too much. According to some teachers is our schools, children with most problems appear to come from heterosexual couples who divorced.

Wow go figure. Children have problems when their parents fight.