• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

One thing I won't tolerate is the attempt to make other people feel "stupid"

This thread will be closed unless it stops.

Guest megunderson6

I think that hell can be found behind every window, every wall, every tree. Your worst nightmare? That's hell. Your worst fear? That's hell. Is there an actual physical hell, a place of eternal damnation and punishment? Most definitely, but if you want a glimpse of it look at the evil that is done in this world. Our best defense against it? Following the Word of God, his Love and Compassion and showing them to others. Thinking there is no hell is the most dangerous trap, there is one and it's very easy to find. It is easy to vanquish, anyone who has conquered addiction they have vanquished hell and spat in the face of Satan. Those who escape abuse, they have beaten down the gates of hell. Those who save others from pain, suffering of any kinds have stormed into Satan's stronghold and snatched his prey from his very hands. Every time a sinner is saved, we've won! The only way that we lose is if we lose hope and fall into despair. Keep up the word, brother!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  342
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/25/1945

How have your technics worked for you on this board so far?

What are technics?

I would like to know that also!

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

What are technics?

Obviously just a small spelling error. Techniques.

Perhaps they did not understand the point of the OP because there really isn't one. You say alot but don't really make a point beyond basically saying that the majority of "Christians" are stupid.

Poof! and another one bites the dust. Education is a remarkable thing, particularly when one is taught comprehension. When that one gem is lacking in the main stream education system the nation falls, in less than two generations, from second in the Industrialized Nations to around thirtieth To you. again, Iḿ sorry your education lacked the effect of having given you the ability to digest what you have read, that by the way, is written on the Fifth Grade Level of my youth, sad. And that followed by the cork-screw accusation that I called Christians stupid. No, I call most of you inexcusably under-educated.

I entered the US Army at seventeen with an eighth grade education and maxed my GED test. Having a rather high IQ but only an Eighth Grade Education I took courses every time they were available to further educate myself. When you get right down to it I called nobody stupid, you did that. Why, feeling guilty?

That's quite a big head you got there.

If one has to boast as to how educated they are, chances are, they're not.

You got your GED when you were 17, I got mine when I was 15. If we're gonna use your measuring stick, that makes me smarter than you. :thumbsup:

Comprehension. If you had any, you would know that just because something is written at a 5th grade level, it doesn't automatically make it understandable. A qualified teacher would make an attempt to explain themselves, not call their audience "inexcusably under-educated".

You posted some good scripture Brother Joe, but I was asking about how they came up with the name for hell in their translations. Not that it is important to know, just a bit of trivia.

Just imagine, two translators sitting in a room.

Translator A-- What is one name we can come up with for "Fire and brimstone"?

Translator B-- I don't know, but it sounds like the hell (The dump) outside of town.

Translator A-- That's it!

Translator B-- I'll write it down before I forget how to spell it.

I know, I know, Oldzimms imagination is running wild. :24:

Beloved Perhaps This Will Help

http://www.thewordso...e.com/hell.html

Gehenna is the Greek form of two Hebrew words ge hinnom meaning "valley of Hinnom." The term originally referred to a ravine on the south side of Jerusalem where pagan deities were worshiped (2 Kings 23:10; Jer. 7:32; 2 Chron. 28:3; 33:6). It became a garbage dump and a place of abomination where fire burned continuously (2 Kings 23:10; compare Matt. 18:9; Mark 9:43, 45, 47; Jas. 3:6). Gehenna became synonymous with "a place of burning."

Perhaps Not

Love, Your Brother Joe

What are technics?

Obviously just a small spelling error. Techniques.

Give that Lady a bowl of ice cream!!!

Evidently, the spelling police are out in full force with nothing better to do. I hope I don't get a lashing.

:thumbsup:

:24: :24: :24:

IMO Technics Has More Punch Per Syllable

Kinda Like A Machine All Abuzz With Blinding Speed, Zoom~! Zoom~! My Kind Of Word

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

The majority of Christians and Christian Churches accept the fact that there is hell and that some human souls will go there.

We argue about the nature of hell that is for sure.

I think basic misunderstanding comes from the idea that God sends people to hell. God does not send people to hell. People in hell don't want to worship God, consider what heaven looks like as described in scripture, it is mainly about worshiping the glory of God, it is about being in the presence of ultimate good all of the time.

If you have a carnal mind you would hate heaven. People who get in fights all of the time for example, may indeed hate their life and people in hell will hate hell, but they can't imagine a life without always fighting. People in hell would not fit in heaven they will choose to be in hell.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/11/1968

I learned not to long ago how the translators of the Bible came up with "hell" to describe Satan's layer (so to speak). Hell was like the junk yard/dump outside of their towns and the translators thought that was an excellent word to use for Satan's layer. I don't know how true this is, can anyone add to it?

The word Gehenna may be based on the Hebrew ge' Hinnom (valley of Hinnom) which was the place outside of the walls of Jerusalem where the garbage was taken to be burned. It used to be a place where people went to sacrifice their children to Molech (by burning them) until Josiah put a stop to it. 2 Kings 23:10 'He desecrated Topheth, which was in the Valley of Ben Hinnom, so no one could use it to sacrifice their son or daughter in the fire to Molek.'

I think Jesus used it because it was instantly identifiable both by it's contemporary use (as a dump) and because of it's past use (sacrificial worship of demonic spirits).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

You posted some good scripture Brother Joe, but I was asking about how they came up with the name for hell in their translations. Not that it is important to know, just a bit of trivia.

Just imagine, two translators sitting in a room.

Translator A-- What is one name we can come up with for "Fire and brimstone"?

Translator B-- I don't know, but it sounds like the hell (The dump) outside of town.

Translator A-- That's it!

Translator B-- I'll write it down before I forget how to spell it.

I know, I know, Oldzimms imagination is running wild. :24:

Beloved Perhaps This Will Help

http://www.thewordso...e.com/hell.html

Gehenna is the Greek form of two Hebrew words ge hinnom meaning "valley of Hinnom." The term originally referred to a ravine on the south side of Jerusalem where pagan deities were worshiped (2 Kings 23:10; Jer. 7:32; 2 Chron. 28:3; 33:6). It became a garbage dump and a place of abomination where fire burned continuously (2 Kings 23:10; compare Matt. 18:9; Mark 9:43, 45, 47; Jas. 3:6). Gehenna became synonymous with "a place of burning."

Perhaps Not

Love, Your Brother Joe

Thank-you Joe and eph215 for this information.

So this Dump outside of town idea was original and not made up by Translators, I might of heard my preacher wrong when he mentioned it. (It wouldn't be the first time) :laugh: