• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/22/1976

Yesterday my pastor was preaching about revolt! And what is a revolt?? Its when u r tired, fed up of the way ur life is; as a christian there r situations that arise from daily life and sometimes instead of revolting at the devil for shooting arrows of: fear,doubt,suffering,sickness and unbelief, we do just like they did in the book of judges in chapter 6 verse 2: ( and the hands of the midian prevailed against Israel and because of the midianites the children of Israel made them dens in mountains and caves in strongholds) I'm talking about me (especially!) But this message hit home because when issues got spiritually" under fire" yes I wanted to run and hide; but I remembered did all the great people of the bible do this? and how(because of their great faith!!) Revolted and got angry and fought until: time stood still,the wall came down,they walked out of the firey furnish without a burn,and one man of God even fought with the Lord himself until he got his blessing; I mean we serve that same God today why can't he fix our situations? why can't we get out of hiding and out of our "comfortable caves" of fear and doubt and say with the Lord I'm ready to battle with my amour in ephesians that u have equipped me with?

Well after yesterday fiery word I'll never look at my problems the same I praise God for opening my eyes to revolt at what's causing my situation and not at the situation!!! P.s. I put this in my own words as the Lord allowed!!! Be blessed in Jesus name friends!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Elijah ran and hid in a cave. His faith was strong and he had just killed 400 or so prophets of Baal, so his faith in God was strong. But when he heard that Jezebel was after him and was going to kill him he ran and hid in a cave.

But as always the Lord knew where he was and spoke to him through the Holy Spirit.

1Ki 19:9 There he came to a cave and lodged in it. And behold, the word of the LORD came to him, and he said to him, "What are you doing here, Elijah?"

1Ki 19:10 He said, "I have been very jealous for the LORD, the God of hosts. For the people of Israel have forsaken your covenant, thrown down your altars, and killed your prophets with the sword, and I, even I only, am left, and they seek my life, to take it away."

1Ki 19:11 And he said, "Go out and stand on the mount before the LORD." And behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind tore the mountains and broke in pieces the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. And after the wind an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake.

1Ki 19:12 And after the earthquake a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire the sound of a low whisper.

1Ki 19:13 And when Elijah heard it, he wrapped his face in his cloak and went out and stood at the entrance of the cave. And behold, there came a voice to him and said, "What are you doing here, Elijah?" 1Ki 19:14 He said, "I have been very jealous for the LORD, the God of hosts. For the people of Israel have forsaken your covenant, thrown down your altars, and killed your prophets with the sword, and I, even I only, am left, and they seek my life, to take it away."

1Ki 19:15 And the LORD said to him, "Go, return on your way to the wilderness of Damascus. And when you arrive, you shall anoint Hazael to be king over Syria.

Elijah knew it was the Lord speaking because he wrapped his face in his cloak, so as not to look upon God.

My point being, if you have the faith (and Elijah had it), there is no need to hide in a cave and wait for the Lord (who knows what you are doing), to call.

Better to step out in faith and follow His will, which He makes known to all who keep close to Him.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/22/1976

I agree with u, it just hurts my heart when I hear people who believe in the word of God not use their faith to pray and ask for a answer instead of praying how to deal with the problem we(meaning me at times) never say well Lord u said... or father u said... I mean if you are living according to His righteousness aren't u allowed to charge the Lord did he not say: try Him NOW!!! or even say: GOD WHERE IS MY ANSWER!!!!