fremontdenver

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I once saw someone speak in tongues. Me and my friend were driving in the car and I told them about it then we got to laughing and I started making fun of the way the man sounded. I delibrately made clicking noises and nonsense jiberrish while laughing and mocking him. Then it struck me! How mean and terrible I'd been and I felt I'd done something horrible. Did I blasphemy the holy spirit by making fun of this man and the way he spoke in tongues?

and if i did....WHAT DO I DO??? aaaah!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

1Jn 1:8-2:2

8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

1 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

2 He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.

:emot-hug:

I once saw someone speak in tongues. Me and my friend were driving in the car and I told them about it then we got to laughing and I started making fun of the way the man sounded. I delibrately made clicking noises and nonsense jiberrish while laughing and mocking him. Then it struck me! How mean and terrible I'd been and I felt I'd done something horrible. Did I blasphemy the holy spirit by making fun of this man and the way he spoke in tongues?

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is saying that the Holy Spirit is incapable of effecting the witness of the Father and the Son in our lives, saying He is incapable of empowering us to live a holy and pleasing life to God, basically saying the Holy Spirit is incompetent.

I don't believe you blasphemed the Holy Spirit.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/06/1949

I personaly dont believe once you have surrended your live to Christ you can blasphem the Holy Spirit,,,,so no i dont believe you have

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/12/1957

No sweetie you did not. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is believeing in your heart of hearts that That the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are not God. That the work of the cross did not happen That God is not God. That he can not do what he said he could do ( save us ) though Jesus Christ.

Guest Butero

The reason you felt bad was because the Holy Spirit immediately convicted you about what you were doing. Based on that, I would say you didn't cross the line to where you won't be able to find forgiveness. Just ask God to forgive you and live for Jesus. While you were mocking the working of the Holy Spirit, you didn't realize that was what you were doing at the time.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

No you did not.

To blaspheme against the Holy Spirit you cannot be saved in the first place.

I believe that Jesus was talking about unbelievers in Mathew 12:31, not those who are born again.

We have discussed this on other threads before.