oak

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

I would cautious about thinking someone was not saved on the grounds that they do not speak in tongues. Scripture states:

1Co 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

30 Have all the gifts of healing?
do all speak with tongues?
do all interpret?

And the answer to each question in verses 29 and 30 is obviously, 'No, all do not.' Therefore the fact that a particular person does not speak in tongues (or heal, or teach, or prophesy, etc) cannot be used to 'prove' that person is not saved.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

I would cautious about thinking someone was not saved on the grounds that they do not speak in tongues. Scripture states:

1Co 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

do all interpret?

And the answer to each question in verses 29 and 30 is obviously, 'No, all do not.' Therefore the fact that a particular person does not speak in tongues (or heal, or teach, or prophesy, etc) cannot be used to 'prove' that person is not saved.

Your absolutely right. :thumbsup:

Does it say anywhere in the Bible that all the disciples (or if any) spoke in tongues?

do all interpret?

Exactly. :thumbsup:

As a reminder: it is the Holy Spirit who decides who gets what gift, not the believers.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

James 3:7-11

King James Version (KJV)

7For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:

8But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

9Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.

10Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

I must admit that I'm guilty at times of not having my brain in gear, before engaging my mouth.

Me too Oldzimm! :b: Its that fleshly nature rearing its ugly head!