• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

I just read in the news that California mandates public schools to teach gay history. I am enrolling my child possibly in public school next year and I'm nervous. How do we know what they are teaching our kids? Do schools give an outline each year of subjects?

Yes teachers have all that info for you, also you can go online now and check out your districts cirriculum. If I had to do it all over again I would homeschool or private of course that would also depends on mu funds also. :laugh:

Its just ridiculous what consititutes education these days. I worked in the CA schools and saw the changes going on myself, not only with the kids but reeducating the parents. Even pre-schools are steered towards such teachings especially if they receive any kind of state or federal funding or are accept vochers and such things.

shalom,

Mizz

Mizz, you may have hit the nail on the head with your comment about steering kids towards such teachings especially if they receive any kind of state or federal funding or vouchers & such things.

One sure way to get families off government aid is to promote a lifestyle that can't produce children!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/18/1965

I just read in the news that California mandates public schools to teach gay history. I am enrolling my child possibly in public school next year and I'm nervous. How do we know what they are teaching our kids? Do schools give an outline each year of subjects?

What do you think they mean by 'gay history'?

I wonder also who will be writing the textbook.

To be honest, I'd be all for a real history of homosexuality to get rid of a lot of the politically slanted propaganda about gays.

For some reason, I doubt that this is what California will be putting out...

Indeed, I doubt they are gunna teach S&G in the classroom

I think it'll be interesting to see how they even define homosexuality.

I've met teens who think they're gay because they merely don't fit with cultural gender stereotypes. Because of that, they've been directed towards gay support groups, etc.

I've simply asked them, "Do you want to have sex with the same gender?'

You should see the negative reactions I've gotten to that... and the surprised looks when we discuss this as the meaning of homosexuality.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

You should see the negative reactions I've gotten to that... and the surprised looks when we discuss this as the meaning of homosexuality.

Wow, but then again teens don't know that oral sex is considered sex....