• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  730
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/13/1993

Jewish scholars are not the last word on the issue.The Scriptures are very plain. There are scholars of the Bible who don't believe it. The fact is that the Hebrew simply does not support your position.

You keep saying that the Hebrew does not support my position. Granted, the Jewish scholars are not the end all on this discussion, but just saying that I am wrong does not actually refute me or give me anything to respond to...

Not exactly. I am saying that unlike our laws in the US for example, there are not allowances for technicalities. In the Scripture, the commandment against making a graven image (idol) is also by extension a prohibition against any image regardless of the medium used to create it. That is not the spirit of the law. That is again, a referent to a behavioral paradigm.

Ok, I think I see what you are saying...

Huh? It's not like that all. What I am saying is that Murder is wrong even if it only amounts to hating someone in your heart. That is the point I was making. The desire that prompts the act is jsut as sinful as the act. That is all I am saying.

That is the desire to murder is just as bad as the desire to do the sin. I agree in that we should not allow ourselves to be thinking of sin. However, again, what if the homosexual couple recognizes certain sexual relations as sin and does not act or think about them? Are they still sinners?

Well, you might but the Bible doesn't. Homosexuality from the point of desire to the full act of sexual intercourse and everything in between is sinful and God does not sanctify a marriage of that nature. No authentic follower of Christ accepts that.

You are the one who is assuming what they desire. Again, see the hypothetical above. If they keep their minds pure of such thoughts and have no desire to engage in the acts specifically prohibited by scripture, I see no reason to forbid marriage. It would not be easy but it is possible.

Because homosexuality is a sin and God does not sanctify those kinds of unions.

See inversion fallacy

They are an abomination to Him.

Where is this written (regarding marriage and assuming the hypothetical)?

That question suggest a lot of naivete. To honestly think that homosexuals will marry but never have sex is just ridiculous. The fact is we have NEVER had a homosexual on this board (and we hve had a lot of them) who thinks that way. So your question is based on a premise that is simply ridiculous and falls outside what is intuitively observed.

I was specifically regarding the act that is prohibited by the Bible (penetration). As long as they refused to desire this act or act on it, why would they be sinning? Again, it is difficult, I readily admit that, but not impossible.

Oh please... You see what you want to see.

Again, what you have is a behavioral paradigm. What is wrong for the man is sexually sinful for the man is sexually sinful for the woman.

Not necessarily. There are plenty of gender specific commandments...

For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

(Rom 1:26-27)

The Hebraic approach to the law completely justifies Paul's condemnation of Lesbiansim. God is no respecter of persons.

I addressed the Romans verse before. It is not a blanket condemnation of all homosexuality. Please see previous posts.

Edited by ByFaithAlone

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

1. Yes.

2. See above.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  730
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/13/1993

1. Yes.

2. See above.

Straight to the point. I like it. Care to explain or were your explanations already given?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Easy to solve these dilemmas. The word used for marriage only refers to human beings (males and females with souls - nephresh in hebrew). This is hard to explain unless you already read a bit of Hebrew and Greek. Simply put, the English language isn't adequate. That takes out goats, statues and dead bodies. Plus marriage to goats would fall under bestiality and marrying a statue would probably fall under idolatry. Interacting with a dead body makes you unclean according to Levitical law. I appreciate the sarcasm though...

I see you like root words in Hebrew. First of all “nephesh” means soul and hereafter (Hebrew root) among other meanings in the Bible. However “nephesh” does not mean man and women with souls!!! The marriage ceremony does not have terms that specifically point to man and woman together, root-wise. Perhaps “tsemed” but that’s just a couple. Thus your argument is invalid. So my goat and I may still have a chance. Since fornication is no longer is applied to a married couple perhaps bestiality will be waved. I believe animals have souls check Revelations. Statue being idolatry is subjective since you can make idols out of men. So I accept this statue without idol-worshipping. The dead let’s leave alone.

I find it rather insulting that a fellow Christian - one who is supposed to act in a Christ like manner - is basically telling me to *bleep* off and go away. I do not advocate bestiality or pedophilia. All of those are condemned as toe'vah. I ask merely for respect and you shall get the same from me.

Shalom my friends

Woe there, isn’t homosexuality toe’vah as well? Further, I didn’t know you were only two days old to the Forum. Welcome. If you choose root-words for the Bible for justification you will lose. If you choose pure logic, you will lose and the same with any mind game. How much of your faith do you put into your Salvation? Finally I was not cursing you but was rather just having a bit of fun. Anyway most people are clueless why the people in power are pushing gay marriages: Money! Also, I tire of people taking on Christians and not having the chutzpah to go on a Muslim site.

Oak - Blunt Oak

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

This thread is going into to many details. Closed.