IGNORED

Have the gifts of the Holy Spirit ceased?

Nebuchadnezza10

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  224
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/24/1952

The Christian grows from 'glory to glory' into the image of Jesus Christ. As we apprehend the ideal of perfection we discover we are apprehended by God according to our faith. As for gifts being relevant today: Consider this... Does water still taste good to a thirsty man? Jesus is THE Gift and all the manifestations of His divine attributes are vital to the growth of the church-body. Without the gifts in dynamic function in the church, maintenance would be impossible because the presence of God would be absent. Many receive the error of accepting social programs as a form of religion. What is absent is the POWER needed to change a life.

Blessings!

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Now you are taking me out of context. His maturity built up his faith. He had faith for greater works and miracles.

You are now using the word to mean both miraculous powers and strength. Grammatically this does not work.. It either means one or the other.

Your posistion is that their is no faith involved in what the Holy Spirit does, that the HS is doing it at the max right at the first and that ignores Jesus' statement about the "Mustard Seed" and how much it can affect the miraculous.

Where did I say that? I said that the apostles passed on the HS.

Pauls maturity produced greater faith for greater miracles. The "Strengthened" is about being endowed with miraculous powers.

Where have you drawn that from. It simply says:

Yet Saul grew more and more powerful and baffled the Jews living in Damascus by proving that Jesus is the Christ.

There is no previous context of gifts in this vs therefore your definition of the word

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  340
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Now you are taking me out of context. His maturity built up his faith. He had faith for greater works and miracles.

You are now using the word to mean both miraculous powers and strength. Grammatically this does not work.. It either means one or the other.

Your posistion is that their is no faith involved in what the Holy Spirit does, that the HS is doing it at the max right at the first and that ignores Jesus' statement about the "Mustard Seed" and how much it can affect the miraculous.

Where did I say that? I said that the apostles passed on the HS.

Pauls maturity produced greater faith for greater miracles. The "Strengthened" is about being endowed with miraculous powers.

Where have you drawn that from. It simply says:

Yet Saul grew more and more powerful and baffled the Jews living in Damascus by proving that Jesus is the Christ.

There is no previous context of gifts in this vs therefore your definition of the word

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Joh 20:30  And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:

:31  But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Joh 21:25  And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

And we have a hard time getting a hold on the 66 books we have.

LT

I am sharing the definition of the word in the greek. enduo. "en" speaks to the endowment. The "duo" speaks to the miraculous gifts. (Dunamis) Not opinion. Just the facts. Facts I am sure you are about to play with until your crossed t looks like you want it too.

I was just curious because the word in Greek is not Dunamis. I had a look and it is endunamoo. Made up of Two words. , en and dunamoo. En means a fixed position in time place or state, and (by implication) instrumentality (medially or constructively). Dunamoo means to enable:--strengthen. This word comes from dunamis which means a specially, miraculous power.

You did some good research but it was just a little mixed up. The definition of "miraculous power" is twice removed from the word endunamoo. This word just means (increase in) strength, be (make) strong. Dunamis is not the word used.

Your posistion in an earlier post was about the "Holy Spirit not being mature enough", and that being a contradiction to truth. You showed that the disciples have to be mature to the max for the gifts to be operating in them. You tried to show that the Corinthian church had to be mature to be operating in the gifts. So that was what that was all about.

Well if I said that then I was very wrong. Can you remember where I posted that?

Some others wisely pointed out that the Holy Spirit passes on Himself. No man does.

Well that

I am sharing the definition of the word in the greek. enduo. "en" speaks to the endowment. The "duo" speaks to the miraculous gifts. (Dunamis) Not opinion. Just the facts. Facts I am sure you are about to play with until your crossed t looks like you want it too.

I was just curious because the word in Greek is not Dunamis. I had a look and it is endunamoo. Made up of Two words. , en and dunamoo. En means a fixed position in time place or state, and (by implication) instrumentality (medially or constructively). Dunamoo means to enable:--strengthen. This word comes from dunamis which means a specially, miraculous power.

You did some good research but it was just a little mixed up. The definition of "miraculous power" is twice removed from the word endunamoo. This word just means (increase in) strength, be (make) strong. Dunamis is not the word used.

Your posistion in an earlier post was about the "Holy Spirit not being mature enough", and that being a contradiction to truth. You showed that the disciples have to be mature to the max for the gifts to be operating in them. You tried to show that the Corinthian church had to be mature to be operating in the gifts. So that was what that was all about.

Well if I said that then I was very wrong. Can you remember where I posted that?

Some others wisely pointed out that the Holy Spirit passes on Himself. No man does.

Well that

how can a saint have THE HOLY SPIRIT, without His fruit and His gifts?

thats IMPOSSIBLE...

the Holy Spirit has the fruit and the gifts for obedient saint, so IF you dont have them you dont have the Holy Spirit.

if some suggest they have ceased...

what ceased = the 9 fruits ceased?

so we are to forget about love and long suffering and self control and kindness etc etc????

the gifts ceased.... ummmm

thats nonsense

like a horse without a cart.

Gosh i am so happy i dont have that 'religion'.

as for tongues they are known languages Acts 2 [= first point of ref.] and there was never 10 gifts only 9

just tongues/ known languages not unknown tongues/ gobbligook...

It would have been made more simple if the original word used was just LANGUAGES...

and the pentecostal gobbligook presented today, as having tongues = a must to be saved really would never have come into fashion.

sheez religion of men... yikes.

come back to the bible.

Neb goes even farther than that. He actually believes that demons possessing people have ceased too. He has brought Cessationism to its logical conclusion. It is just unbelievable. And he is alone in this forum in believeing demons power to possess is gone. The weird thing is he is from a Third World country where the supernatural is much more normal.

Give me a couple of days to reply. I have tests happening right now.

Speak to ya soon

Give me a couple of days to reply. I have tests happening right now.

Speak to ya soon

No! I am giving you 5 minutes to answer my questions, or you will be darned to eternal questioning. :t2:

I said earlier it was a derivitive of the word dunamis. And it means to be endowed with miraculous powers no matter how bad you want it to not be. Strongs reiterates this. It says it comes from the word dunamis and means the same thing.

The word to describe being strengthened in the way you descibe is enischuo. "To be invigorated." It is used in vs. 19.

Nevertheless, the word dunamis is still twice removed from the word used in Acts 9:22. They are two different words. You are trying to apply a meaning to a word that does not have that connotation.

You raise the question, "Where does it say that Paul received the gifts without the apostles laying on of hands?" Legitimate question that puts the same question in your face. Where does it say specifically that only the apostles can lay hands on you to receive the gifts? I can see your verses where the apostles layed hands on someone, and they received the gifts. But by your question above, you opened yourself up to the same standard. I have already explained that. "The Acts of the APOSTLES."

Acts 8:18

When Simon saw that the Spirit was given at the laying on of the apostles' hands, he offered them money

Was the HS given by the laying on of the apostles