• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

SS (thats creepy to write by the way...but then again, likely because I just watched several WWII movies with my little bro...)

Ever read the Gnostic Gospels? Sounds like you have.

Good points all, I agree.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

I also find it interesting that Christian fundamentalist vehemently deny and or dismiss other religions as fervently as they deny Christianity

That's as clear as mud to me. Mind explaining?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/24/1965

I also find it interesting that Christian fundamentalist vehemently deny and or dismiss other religions as fervently as they deny Christianity

That's as clear as mud to me. Mind explaining?

Well, just look how quickly people jump on the muslem faith calling them the anti-christ and linking them to the the anti-christ and saying things like "All of which is, to a christian, a worthless piece of useless information. Your time would be better spent researching the Holy bible instead of the heathen koran. IMO." You don't have to be scholar to read all the hatred for what is actually a peaceful religion and people. Christians certainly never executed anyone by beheading, Christians certainly never slew innocent women and children in the persuit of riches and items to worship and increase their power... no not the peace loving people who follow the teachings of Christ, they would never do any of that. Oh I left out the inquisitions and the bombing of planned parenthood clinics and the slavery and lynching of blacks... and so much more.

Sorry, I get a little riled up when the "peace and grace" Christians start talking about the horrors of other religions.

Luke 6:37

"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

-SS

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Don't confuse distrust. dislike and disbelief with hatred. I don't hate anybody, not even those who are blind to the truth of the real Jesus of the bible. But I'll be boiled in oil before I will believe that Islam is a peaceful religion. You can believe all you like as far as I'm concerned. It's your soul you are gambling with., but don't give us a lot of baloney that the jesus. with a small case j that muslims talk about is the same Jesus that true christians worship..... You're out of touch, mate.

Don't confuse distrust. dislike and disbelief with hatred. I don't hate anybody, not even those who are blind to the truth of the real Jesus of the bible. But I'll be boiled in oil before I will believe that Islam is a peaceful religion. You can believe all you like as far as I'm concerned. It's your soul you are gambling with., but don't give us a lot of baloney that the jesus. with a small case j that muslims talk about is the same Jesus that true christians worship..... You're out of touch, mate.

Your mistake here is assuming that I agree with the Muslem point of view or their particular belief in who or what Jesus was. I didn't say anything about Jesus. I commented on how quickly the loving Christians display their hatred toward another religion, or ideas that don't confirm their own.

I was commenting on how quickly Christians can scour the bible and turn unrelated scripture into proof of whatever case they are trying to make.

I'm not so ignorant as to confuse distrust, dislike and disbelief with hatred, I know hatred when I see it and fundamentalist Christians get ugly at the drop of a hat.

As I understand it the average Muslem is as peace loving as the average Christian, it's the hard line Bible/Quran thumping fundamentalists and extremists that want to wipe each other out. I've never seen nor heard of an Atheist (which I am not) who wanted to kill someone because of their belief.

-SS

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

*They are waiting for a messiah, he is the Mahdi, he will cause the whole world to convert to Islaam or be killed.

*He will appear just before the end of the world in a time of great tribulation.

Rev. 20:4

Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

I've never seen nor heard of an Atheist (which I am not) who wanted to kill someone because of their belief.

-SS

I've been to an atheist site and believe me, they wanna eat us for lunch.

You really haven't surfed much, have you?

I've never seen nor heard of an Atheist (which I am not) who wanted to kill someone because of their belief.

-SS

I've been to an atheist site and believe me, they wanna eat us for lunch.

You really haven't surfed much, have you?

No friend, I don't "surf" the internet much. I go looking for specific information but I don't just cruise websites and I have no reason to research Athiest websites since I am very much leaning towards a belief in a "supreme being" or "higher intelligence". I have serious doubts about Christianity and or organised religions in general.

can you post some Athiest websites for me; I'm particularly interested in those who "wanna eat us for lunch." :D

-SS

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

As I mentioned in another thread, Christians are not to accept false beliefs. So yes, we are vehemently opposed to doctrines and religions that are not of God. Like Cats, Ive been to atheist boards, and been brutally attacked just by saying Im born again, like a pack of wild dogs on a steak.

As I mentioned in another thread, Christians are not to accept false beliefs. So yes, we are vehemently opposed to doctrines and religions that are not of God. Like Cats, Ive been to atheist boards, and been brutally attacked just by saying Im born again, like a pack of wild dogs on a steak.

You don't have to ACCEPT other people BELIEFS just like THEY don't HAVE to accept YOURS.

You don't have to attack them either because if you wanted them to "see the light of salvation" or realize that your belief system is the "truth" then kindness and patience will go farther towards that end than hatred and abuse. If through your kindness they come to believe in Christendom then they and you win and if they don't then you still win and they lose, which doesn't harm you anyway.

Christianity has used violence and oppression to convert the heathens far too long; don't you think it's about time to start converting them with love and compassion?

-SS