Catsmeow

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Suzanne thinks the Sabbath is Sunday yet gives no scripture for the change.

Suz, If you insist on keeping the 10 commandments you're gonna have to keep the 7th day holy.  That's what it says.

This is where the heart of the issue comes in wordsower.  Which day do most churches worship God? The churches are not open Saturday, majority of Christians do not know to come together on Saturdays, they come together on Sundays. It is not about the day being Sunday or Saturday, it is about which day affords our brothers to worship and honor God?  It happens to be Sunday, therefore keep the Sabbath holy.  Which day affords men to Worship God?  That is the question?

Be realistic...which day would be the most likely for mankind to worship?  The day the churches are open, or the day when they are closed?

Luke 7:35 But wisdom is justified by all her children."

It's interesting to me, that in our history, we used to keep the Sabbath Holy.  And now.....the doctrine has changed?  Since when?  Who ushered in this "new" doctrine of no longer keeping the Sabbath holy?  Our nation used to honor it so much so that the stores were closed on Sundays.  I don't think it has anything to do with a doctrine change, it has to do with our nations greed and pleasures. We want to be able to shop and eat out on those days too!  So, we do!

Do you deny that we used to honor the Sabbath?  Remember?

Matthew 12:12 Of how much more value then is a man than a sheep? Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath."

What is good?

Allowing our brothers to worship and honor God on that day.  And to be able to do that, you must be realistic and realize that most churches worship and fellowship on .....  Sundays.

It is about what is right and good in love.  And the commandments are the essence of the guidelines of that love, that we are to walk in, through the renewing and rebirth of the Holy Spirit of our Lord.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and thank you wordsower.  For bringing us back on topic.

:thumb:

In His Love,

Suzanne

it's me again, on topic.  there is a real good and comprehensive article which takes  a look at sabbath practices.  it's long, but good.  www.wordofhisgrace.org

i hope it is of interest.

respectfully

Guest Waldans Mountain

Suzanne

I really(and scripture also)have to agree with wordsower. Sunday is not GODS sabbath day. Man cannot change the day that God has sanctified.

MATT.15  [9] But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Guest Waldans Mountain

Blind seeker

Concerning the graven images"and plastic pink flamingo lawn ornaments"

Are ya sure its not a sin to have these on your lawn?

Guest Waldans Mountain

Hey Blindseeker

What about a cross?

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that isin the water under the earth:

The commandment looks like a 2 parter to me.

2 separate "thou shall not"s

Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Which day most affords people to worship God?  The day in which most churches are closed?  That doesn't even make any sense?

So in essence you're saying that in order to keep the Commandments, let's not go with Sunday, even though that day affords majority of Americans to worship God?  What is the essential matter here?  Isn't it people worshipping God?

Does God want His people to worship Him?

What is paramount here?  Have you lost your perspective?

What is good and right?  

To give mankind rest and to serve God the Father!  To do that, you must acknowledge Sunday.  It is not about which day you choose.  As I said before, this must be a "new" doctrine, because I "know" that up until my generation, people held the Sabbath holy on Sunday.  Do you disagree?

What is your contention?  That people don't worship on Saturday, or that people are prohibited from worshipping on Sunday because they "now" must work?

Which would be more important to God?  That people are free to be able to worship Him, or that we focus on which day, and continue to disable others from worshipping at all?

I believe it is a great lack of love either way, to keep any man from being set free from labor to go and worship our God.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Guest Waldans Mountain

Hi Inhim

As i look at my post to Suzzane,it looks like im telling her that if shes going to church on sunday that in Gods eyes shes doing that in vain. Its kinda hard to take 2 different sides to an issue without someone getting hurt. If my words hurt anyone i am sorry,thats not my intent. At the same time ill never hesitate to post scripture that might make someone mad.

Dear Waldan,

I'm not sure if you're thinking I am mad?   :???:   I am not. :inlove:

But my question still remains:

Does God want His people to worship Him?

And do we hinder that opportunity due to our own selfish desires?

In His Love,

Suzanne

Guest Waldans Mountain

Suzzane

I believe we should worship HIM everyday and hour of the week.In our words,in our prayers,and in our actions. The sabbath is a day that JESUS made for man.Not only as a day of rest but a day of great blessings if you obey HIM and keep HIS day.

ISAIAH 58 [12] And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.[13] If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:[14] Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

If you will notice in this scripture these words"The restorer of paths to dwell in" and "The repairer of the breach". God knew HIS people would stop keeping the sabbath. The tribe of Judah(Jews) has kept it, but the scattered tribes which are among the nations have not. Scriptures say in the latter days that they will take hold of HIS sabbath,they and Judah together.