IGNORED

The 10 commandments

Catsmeow

Guest Waldans Mountain

Were the 10 commandments nailed to the cross?

MATT.19   [17] And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.[18] He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,[19] Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

If they were what is the above scripture telling us. Its seems pretty clear to me.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

1Tim1:8-11

We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. We also know

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings catsmeow,

I just wanted to AMEN that.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Guest Fabrice

Talking of 10 commandements ... I thought interesting to say that the first one is the more important, so as much as we love God we love other people. So I mean we could eliminate from 2nd to tenth, because they are all the "consequence" of the first one.

So if we concentrate ONLY on the first one, we will automatically obey the others. And the more we love God the more faith grows, and the more we love people, the less we are afraid ...

That was only my thought ... that might not be interesting  :rofl:

• I Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
    9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
    10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
    11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
    12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
    13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
    14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
    15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

I posted the passage of scripture above so as to bring out some very important points which Apostle Paul alludes to here while trying to assure the Church that Christ's work on the cross was complete and efficient to meet the needs of fallen humanity.

First, Paul warns about three things -

[*]Philosophy: Specifically Jewish sophistry, philosophy.

Guest Fabrice

Hi BlindSeeker

Quite long there but :thumb:

I didn't read everything (I'm too lazy) and one thing very interesting you say in the end is this :

"But as for the Ten Commandments, they are still "holy, and just, and good, ordained for life" able to keep us from sin . . . but not cleanse us from it.  That is, as Catsmeow stated, "Using the Law lawfully." ".

Ten Commandements do not cleanse us from it. The fact is that we cannot obey the commandemants without having faith, that is based on the resurrection of Jesus Christ after he was cruxified on the cross. So it means it's impossible to obey only the first commandments without being washed by the blood of Jesus. I hope I made myself clear. So if you obey, you a cleansed, no ?

And secondly I do not understand "Using the Law lawfully" ... could someone explain to me please ? :sarcasm:

Thanks  :rofl:

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Fabrice,

So if you obey, you a cleansed, no ?

NO! Obedience to God is NOT possible TILL you are cleansed. Study these verses carefully:

Ephesians 2:8-10 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

And secondly I do not understand "Using the Law lawfully" ... could someone explain to me please ?

Please go back and read what Blindseeker wrote. Quit being LAZY and START digging into the scriptures for yourself. You are NOT to be a "follower of man", but a "follower of the Son of God". You can ask questions, but no one here is able to plow up that unregenerated field of your heart. God has to do that and YOU have to get hold of Him on a ONE TO ONE basis for that to happen.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Hello Blindseeker  :read:

From your post I am getting the message that when the Messiah said:

Matthew:5 17-19

17 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

He was talking only about the 10 commandments? Just trying to get clarification of the message you are giving brother.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Were the 10 commandments nailed to the cross?

2 Corinthians 3:4

And we have such trust through Christ toward God. 5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God, 6who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; 5 for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

7But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, 8how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious? 9For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory. 10For even what was made glorious had no glory in this respect, because of the glory that excels. 11For if what is passing away was glorious, what remains is much more glorious.

12Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech 13unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away. 14But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ. 15But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart. 16Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 18But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Excellent verse, Wordsower!

But . . . before I comment on it . . . perhaps you would be so gracious as to expound on why you elected to post it.

Thanks,

BlindSeeker

Oh . . . one question.  How was this ministry of death glorious?

• 2 Corinthians 3:7But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious . . .