Some views of the Rapture

ajesuschrist_mathetes

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is everyones view about this verse:

Revelation 3:10

Because you have kept My command to presevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.

In Christ's Love,

JC

Hello JC

I think this psalm explains that virse real well.

Psalms 91:

1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

In CHRIST JESUS :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1961

What is everyones view about this verse:

Revelation 3:10

Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.

In Christ's Love,

JC

Hi JC.

In the letter to the angel of the church in Philadelphia, the Lord mentions in verse 9 those who say they are Jews, and are not, indicating that the letter is to the believing Jews of the church in Philadelphia. Verse ten makes the promise quoted above.

This gets a bit detailed, but here goes:

Revelation 12: Satan and his horde are cast out of heaven. When he sees this, he persecutes "the woman which brought forth the man child." [Christ] The woman here is the nation of Israel.

vs 14: The woman is given the wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

vs 17: And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, [the gentile christians] which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 13: Here we see the appearing of the antichrist [the beast who rises out of the sea].

vs 5: "and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months".

{Note here chapter 11, vs 3: And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.}

Revelation 13, vs 7: And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to OVERCOME THEM: and power was given him over ALL kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Matthew 24, vs 15-21: When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes................vs 19, 20,...............For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Romans 9, vs 6: ".....For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:"

The course of events here is this: The antichrist walks into the temple when Satan sees that he is cast out of heaven, and creates the abomination of desolation which he will stand in the holy place, and commences with the killing of jews. The CHRISTIAN jews will be given a special dispensation of protection in the wilderness where they will be nourished and protected for a time, times and half a time, [rev 3:10] until the words of God are fulfilled. But they will have to flee for their lives in great haste, hence the warning about winter, and pregnancy, and women with suckling infants. When Satan sees that the believing jews have escaped him he will turn upon the gentile christians. The protected jews will take part in the catching away, but will not have to face the temptation of "worship the beast or die." [The hour of temptation that will come upon all the earth] Unbelieving jews will not escape, because not all Israel is Israel.

A time=one year. Times=two years, and half a time=half a year.

A time, times, and half a time are equal to 1260 days, which are in turn equal to forty and two months, these all being based upon the Jewish calendar of twelve equal months of thirty days each. The two witnesses will witness for God, being invincible during the time of their testimony, amidst this great slaughter of the saints of God.

The time of the antichrist, the time of protection of the believing jews, and the time of the two witnesses are concurrent events. I believe, but can't at this time offer proof, that the two witnesses will be taken up to God at the time of the rapture.

On a side note, understand that Jesus Christ is not yet in Jerusalem, in his resurrection body, ruling over the earth in physically present form. Therefore, neither has the rapture yet occurred, because we the believers are not yet in our own God given resurrection bodies ruling over the earth as servants of Christ. Nor yet have we attended the marriage supper of the lamb. Never in history has any one man had absolute rule over All nations, peoples, and tongues of the entire earth as the antichrist will have for his allotted "forty and two months." Be assured that these things are yet to come.

Understand that If the rapture had already occured, every person on earth would know that Jesus was in Jerusalem in person, handing out immediate justice via his holy angels and his body of resurrected servants.

Grace and peace to all who believe. Let us love one another, for the time is at hand.

Edited by Adarian

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Adarian,

I think you need to get back to your studies and leave the prognostications to those who are little more mature in the Word. Please, no offense intended, but it would appear that you lack in a little historical education.

The 7 churches in Revelation are MOST likely to be predominantly GENTILES and NOT Jews. Please examine on a map where these "churches" are located and WHO they were among the nations.

We are told that Jesus final instructions to His Apostles/disciples to "go ye unto all the world and preach the Gospel". This was NOT a suggestion, but a command. There were SOME who remained in or around Israel or who preferred to preach to the Jews, such as Peter, but before 70 A.D. the Gospel message was going as the Lord had commanded. In 70 A.D. there was no choice for the disciples but to be scattered themselves among the nations, or those who were yet alive anyway, and from that time on, the WHOLE MINISTRY OF THE GOSPEL went to the GENTILES. Many believe that Revelation was written AFTER 70 A.D., only a few believe otherwise.

Secondly, there are many things in your dissertation of Rev 12 that is in error. The ANTICHRIST IS A SPIRIT for one. All the bad characters of Revelation are of "the antichrist spirit". You also have to understand the difference between Hieron and Naos. Greek words that both mean "temple".

There are many other things that could be noted as well, but I hope you get the gist. You need to go a bit slower in your studies and seek the Holy Spirit's guidance instead of using YOUR own thought processes.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  526
  • Birthday:  05/03/1961

Hi Dad Ernie,

Just put salve on all my contusions. :blink: Just kidding.

Rev. 13, vs 18: Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

Strongly recommend that for anyone who is studying end-time prophecy they get "The Millennium Bible" by William Biederwolf. Originally published in 1924.

To me, since it was from 1924 gives it weight that it was before all the recent last-days madness and before Israel became a nation. What I found awesome was that he went through the entire Holy Bible from <Genesis-Revelation>. He identified EVERY Scripture dealing with The Second Coming. He then gave the various views on many/most of these from a pool of 500 scholars sine the First Century. Then he gave his view.

As I recall-for example, under "this generation" {SEEMED like Jesus Christ said around 30-33A.D. that He would Return before "this generation" shall pass away} he gave 10 different views.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

Is everyone familiar with/aware of "The Rapture Index"?

http://www.raptureready.com/rap2.html

To those who are familiar, what do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  527

Parousia Pasted or Future

Up until now, every last one of the date-setters of a soon-coming return of Christ were WRONG! Every one of them! It is not much consolation to hear someone say,

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  09/16/1955

Welcome back Brad haven't heard from you for a while, hope all is well.

It has been customary for liberals to say that Jesus and the writers of the New Testament did indeed say that Christ would come back in their generation, but that all, including Jesus, were mistaken. And some have said that Jesus knew He was wrong but still encouraged the Christians to expect His return in that generation so that they would be more watchful and circumspect in their living.

There have also been some Bible critics who have supported the idea that some of the sayings of Jesus got mixed up. Jesus did not actually predict His coming to be in the same generation as the destruction of Jerusalem. Who does have the authority to say this?

Jesus did not predict or give a time of his return, he warned his followers to be constantly on guard, so for someone to predict His return, it is speculation at best, we already have the answer, no one knows the day nor the hour.

Matthew|24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  527

Things are fine John 3:16. I've been busy at other forums and things are going good. They do seem not to so defensive and allow me to share. Well not exactly everyone there are some who will not, but there has been little and I usually find one or two who agree with the Preterist view.

Okay that was true about not knowing when the day of the Lord would occur until all the signs were fulfilled when Jerusalem was destroyed. After that Jesus did not say that we would not know if He did appear a second time.

While it is ok to disagree, would you mind showing me from church history were all these people are wrong?

The word