• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

Thought that the following article from Ankerberg Theological Research Institute would be edifying to worthyboards.com

It is from www.johnankerberg.com and Prophecy and May 2004:

http://johnankerberg.com/Articles/biblical...cy/BP0504W3.htm

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

This post and link has been on the board for one entire day and Dad Ernie has yet to tear it apart. :huh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings,

Well, I finally got back to my computer and checked out the site and like all pre-trib diatribe it is full of errors of which I have addressed most in my many posts on this.

Pick a point that YOU think will support a pre-trib doctrine and I will show you AGAIN why it is false.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  972
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

Oh boy......his whole arguement is based on presumption and he even changes the word of God.

Here is one of his quotes " According to James 5:9, Christians should be careful not to complain against each other, because "Jesus the judge is standing right at the door" and could come at any moment. These and other passages reveal that Paul, the other apostles, and the early Christians all believed that Christ could come back at any moment. This shows that the Rapture must be a separate event from the Second Coming of Christ, which has definite signs that must take place before it can occur."

If I didn't check the word for myself, I would have thought that the Bible says "and could come at any moment"

I thought that this man might give me a solid rock to stand on so I to could believe the pre-trib way but again this fell way short of any convincing.

Please try again.........I want to believe that we don't go through tribulation but it's just not in the word anywhere.

In his love,

Brian

But I believe that a careful study of the biblical passages will show that there are some significant differences between the clear Rapture passages and the clear Second Advent passages, thus demonstrating that there are two different events happening at two different times.

For example, 1 Thessalonians 4, joined with John 14, teaches that when the Rapture takes place, believers will be removed from the earth in blessing to meet the Lord in the air and then taken by Jesus to the Father

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  972
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

idied2, good word. :cool:

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,793
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

The passage you pulled out in Isaiah 66 is what I believe in reference to "unbelieving" Jews trying to build for God a temple.

Let's look at the passage in its entirity.

Isa 66:1 Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

[This is the question that God asks and then He answers]

Isa 66:2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

[God says He's made all these things and is not even interested in a Temple, but He's interested in a man with a broken heart and spirit!]

Isa 66:3 He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.

Isa 66:4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.

[An offering from wicked men is an abomination of the Lord (Proverbs), and they have rejected the sacrifice of Jesus the Messiah.]

Isa 66:5 Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.

Isaiah 66 is one of the most interesting passages in the Bible and definitely worthy of a deeper discussion.

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Greetings,

Well, I finally got back to my computer and checked out the site and like all pre-trib diatribe it is full of errors of which I have addressed most in my many posts on this.

Pick a point that YOU think will support a pre-trib doctrine and I will show you AGAIN why it is false.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

DE: I never have to pick and choose which "doctrine" is right.

You see, I'm going to die. I'm sure of that. I'm going to die in a wonderful victory and go to a place of incredible glory.

I don't care whether I float up to the clouds or die in a sick bed...I'll still die in glory.

See, it's not how we go but that we go in glory and in victory. I think the BIG picture is what most people miss.

We're all still looking at "how" we go --- rather than the "glory" we're clothed in.

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Catsmeow,

You see, I'm going to die. I'm sure of that. I'm going to die in a wonderful victory and go to a place of incredible glory.

I don't care whether I float up to the clouds or die in a sick bed...I'll still die in glory.

See, it's not how we go but that we go in glory and in victory. I think the BIG picture is what most people miss.

We're all still looking at "how" we go --- rather than the "glory" we're clothed in.

I too, think the absolute most important ONE thing we can do is "run the race so as to obtain the prize", not that I have already "attained", but I look forward to that day when we shall ever be with in the presence of our Almighty God and His Son.

We shall look back on our struggles as faint memories and the only thing that will be important to us is our Father in Heaven.

BUT in the meantime, we are to study to show ourself approved, rightly dividing the Word of Truth. We are NOT to remain in the DARKNESS, but we are to be IN THE LIGHT. Jesus has FORETOLD the events of the future so that when it comes, we shall be prepared for it. In Rev 1, we are told that we SHALL BE BLESSED if we know AND understand the book of Revelation.

The Holy Spirit was given so that He could reveal "things to come" et al. So what do you think that means for the here and now? To bury our heads in the sand OR TO SEEK OUT AND PREACH THE TRUTH?

Blessings,

Dad Ernie