• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

The word "generation"-think about the bottom-line meaning of the word. Start with <Genesis 1:1> and read slowly.

Also <Matthew 1:1> in the King James Version.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  09/16/1955

The word

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

The word

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  09/16/1955

Bad

The Kingdom of God was in this world, when Jesus was in the world, when Jesus went away he sent the comforter to dwell within us, so the Kingdom of God dwells within us, but if you read on from Luke 17:20 you will find that Jesus also spoke of his return, in verse 17:24 he describes how he will return, this is where every eye will see him, this is his return to set up his kingdom for a thousand year reign, and in 17:21 he is warning of false christs, that will arise, for a period of time the Kingdom will only dwell within us, but there

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

The Harvest of Today

Here is the way it may very well be. The thorns are the people who do not believe as in today from the time that the harvest began, and that was 70 AD. The everlasting gospel is still and always will be an everlasting gospel of salvation. That means that there is still a harvesting of souls into the Kingdom of God, but the thorns are people who are of the wicked in heart because of unbelief.

Where do you stand? Do you believe that Jesus has fulfilled all scripture as He said He would in Luke 21:22. The signs that He did appear in His coming can be seen in Luke 21: 20-28. Are you on the side of the thorns that do not believe this and continue to make Jesus and the apostles out to be liars? If so I pray for you, that God will enlighten your eyes of understanding and repent from the traditional beliefs and teachings of men.

The way I see it is that the Lake of Fire burns forever just like there is an everlasting gospel that is to be preached forever. Believing the full gospel, that sees Jesus Christ as completing what He said He would do, and that was to appear a second time when the end of the Old Covenant age occurred in 70 AD, as the high Priest would do on the Day of Atonement, puts one into the New Heaven and Earth. Not believing makes someone as a thorn or weed and at some point in time that person is cast spiritually into the fire that Jesus said was kindled way back when He walked on the earth.

The one who believes is as the wheat that is gathered into the barn.

Matthew 13:30

Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers,

In my opinion, there are various scholarly views of eschatology. My not being a scholar limits me-in my understanding-in the merit/value of my opinion.

My "gut" reaction {probably carnal} to bullies in the world [thieves that gang up on someone and steal for a small case} is hate. Don't like them and would and have intervened physically interposing myself.

That said. I have been threatened early on in my Christian walk by those I did and still consider God's representatives. When seeking a church, for example, when I was a baby in Christ was told by a deacon at a church I had called for

help in understanding some hard Scriptures:paraphrasing, he said I wasn't saved since I didn't go to church. This hurt me and scared me and scarred me.

Now, when I hear a view of the Scriptures that threatens those who do not agree-I get angry. Believe Brad and his preterism has crossed the line from earnestly contending for the faith. My opinion. I have studied {probably way overmuch} eschatology and have given a lot in this particular chain. So have the other posters. Have seen no sign that Brad has taken any of that into account. My opinion-believe Brad should apologize. I could be wrong-if so, please rebuke me. Please correct me. You Brad or anyone else.

Agape and Peace.

Ron...

Brad,Oct 25 2004, 12:03 AM]

The Harvest of Today

Here is the way it may very well be. The thorns are the people who do not believe as in today from the time that the harvest began, and that was 70 AD. The everlasting gospel is still and always will be an everlasting gospel of salvation. That means that there is still a harvesting of souls into the Kingdom of God, but the thorns are people who are of the wicked in heart because of unbelief.

Where do you stand? Do you believe that Jesus has fulfilled all scripture as He said He would in Luke 21:22. The signs that He did appear in His coming can be seen in Luke 21: 20-28. Are you on the side of the thorns that do not believe this and continue to make Jesus and the apostles out to be liars? If so I pray for you, that God will enlighten your eyes of understanding and repent from the traditional beliefs and teachings of men.

The way I see it is that the Lake of Fire burns forever just like there is an everlasting gospel that is to be preached forever. Believing the full gospel, that sees Jesus Christ as completing what He said He would do, and that was to appear a second time when the end of the Old Covenant age occurred in 70 AD, as the high Priest would do on the Day of Atonement, puts one into the New Heaven and Earth. Not believing makes someone as a thorn or weed and at some point in time that person is cast spiritually into the fire that Jesus said was kindled way back when He walked on the earth.

The one who believes is as the wheat that is gathered into the barn.

Matthew 13:30

Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers,

• 4 weeks later...

In the November 22 ,2004 issue of "Time" on page 24 there is a short article entitled:

"Is It the End of the World as This Author Knows It?"

In it is discussed the controvery re Hank Hanegraaff's new novel "The Last Disciple"- Book of Revelation applies to 1st Century Christians under Nero. Tim LaHaye of the "Left Behind" answers negatively as to this amillennial view.

Complete link to article and its contents:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/...-782110,00.html

Is It the End of the World as This Author Knows It?

An argument brews over the Left Behind series and a rival set of Christian books

By CATHY BOOTH THOMAS

Monday, Nov. 15, 2004

Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins have sold 42 million books by fictionalizing the Biblical End Times in the Left Behind series. But this fall their Christian publisher, Tyndale House, launched a rival series directly challenging the premise that born-again Christians will be "raptured" into heaven while those "left behind" face the anti-Christ during the Apocalypse. LaHaye was not amused when Tyndale asked him to debate his new competition, Christian-radio host Hank Hanegraaff, as a promotion. Hanegraaff's novel, The Last Disciple, argues that the Book of Revelation describes the persecution of 1st century Christians under Nero, not some future tribulation of nonbelievers. "A lot of Christians have been hoodwinked into this amillennial viewpoint," says LaHaye. "I'm not going to promote that flawed theory."

Hanegraaff, known as the Bible Answer Man, counters that the Left Behind books are part of a trend toward sensationalism and "script torture" of the Bible. "There is a lot of hysteria because of the Left Behind books," he says. Tyndale decided to offer the alternate viewpoint after talking to biblical scholars. "We think debate is healthy in the church and will help both series," says publisher Ron Beers. The Last Disciple, one of three books planned by Hanegraaff and his co-author, Sigmund Brouwer, has sold 50,000 copies in six weeks (vs. 85,000 for Left Behind in its first year). But LaHaye says he isn't worried. He plans to deliver the four books he owes Tyndale and let readers decide how this story ends.

From the Nov. 22, 2004 issue of TIME magazine

Copyright