oak

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

I don’t like being on the outside but this is where I find myself. People are re-affirming themselves by putting forth their (only) opinions and it is frightening. Homosexual clergy are being married in a church and that opens up a trail of no return. Including pedophilia, bestiality and so forth it will go on and on. The unbelievers are having fun with as much legitimacy as those who screamed at Christ at the Cross, “bring yourself down.” Now, I have sins of my own and I’m not about to debate whose sins are more favored with God. Are my sins better than a homosexuals’: absurd thinking. Yes again, that is an insane proposition. Yes, I’m angry but Christ was never a hippie with peace, love and groovy as his Commandments attest to. Let’s sober up. The essence of Christianity is giving up your identity or ego, for Christ, period.

First let us look at the debate of saved by grace or works. If you love, really love somebody you learn to incorporate. That means if you married someone it doesn’t end at the ceremony!!!! You have to be Christ-like. And that means when you take a vow it doesn’t end with the vow. Christ is love and we have to be sensitive about what it means to be crucified with Him. Your born again experience is a start, a flash of the truth, maintained means expressing that love. Is this inexplicable, I hope not. If you are saved great, but if you feel you can let go of that obligation you are close to being damned. If you are a Christian think upon something you really loved. Did you stop thinking about it (constant prayer) did you want to start being pleasing (vigilance) did you start to believe there are others to love (fidelity). No, No, No, when you love you give everything you got and no less.

There are people here that surprise me. Homosexuality linked to a homosexual prostitute ring. That is absurd because a homosexual ring needs participants that are not exempt. God seeing time the same as man is another drug filled mind fantasy. The Bible is about salvation and not about science, anthropology or military tactics.... Get it yet? Is this so hard to comprehend? The bottom line and I’m guilty of being sinner since birth... Be on your knees for an answer. Then post. As far as the witness tapes, some evangelists promising money laughter here, have to start you thinking…. Be truthful to Christ and his sacrifice then talk about the limitations of God = and there are none.

Oak

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

You might try going at it a bit differently. Because your post does not make any sense at all. The first two paragraphs are totally unclear as to what point you are trying to get across. As for the third, homosexuality does have prostitutes within it, just as the heterosexual world does, so absurd? Not so much.

The Bible is about salvation, yes, primarily, but that does not negate the fact that it also talks about science, anthropology, military tactics, etc., it just does not deal with these things in minute detail. Every subject that one could name is discussed, in some way in the Bible, so your statement is false.

Well, to a degree, I agree. I tried to make a synopsis of the many topics on the board and it reads poorly. To make it clearer in the first paragraph, I was trying to express that morals are getting out of hand. The unbelievers have more to say than the belivers and that strikes me as strange. Plus the foundation of Christianity is being ignored for a more watered down version of Christianity. 2nd paragraph: An example of the confusion on the boards. In the case of saved by grace why can't works be incorporated as part of the expression of concern that comes with being saved. 3rd Paragraph: A continuation of some theories put forth on the boards. One was that homosexuality in itself is not wrong, it's all the fault of male prostitutes ( a true opinion given). Then another claim is God see's time like man. This is again a ridiculous position. Lastly though the Bible touches on many aspects of life but it can only be truly understood as a book of faith that opens the road to salvation. Ortherwise I don't understand why one would read it.

Finally sorry for the loosely put together post. It was an experiment that didn't go to well. I hope this clarification will help somewhat. I will not experiment with style again, I promise. I am not James Joyce.

Oak

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

Sorry Brother I didn't understand you post. You are in my prayers!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

I don’t like being on the outside but this is where I find myself. People are re-affirming themselves by putting forth their (only) opinions and it is frightening. Homosexual clergy are being married in a church and that opens up a trail of no return. Including pedophilia, bestiality and so forth it will go on and on. The unbelievers are having fun with as much legitimacy as those who screamed at Christ at the Cross, “bring yourself down.” Now, I have sins of my own and I’m not about to debate whose sins are more favored with God. Are my sins better than a homosexuals’: absurd thinking. Yes again, that is an insane proposition. Yes, I’m angry but Christ was never a hippie with peace, love and groovy as his Commandments attest to. Let’s sober up. The essence of Christianity is giving up your identity or ego, for Christ, period.

First let us look at the debate of saved by grace or works. If you love, really love somebody you learn to incorporate. That means if you married someone it doesn’t end at the ceremony!!!! You have to be Christ-like. And that means when you take a vow it doesn’t end with the vow. Christ is love and we have to be sensitive about what it means to be crucified with Him. Your born again experience is a start, a flash of the truth, maintained means expressing that love. Is this inexplicable, I hope not. If you are saved great, but if you feel you can let go of that obligation you are close to being damned. If you are a Christian think upon something you really loved. Did you stop thinking about it (constant prayer) did you want to start being pleasing (vigilance) did you start to believe there are others to love (fidelity). No, No, No, when you love you give everything you got and no less.

There are people here that surprise me. Homosexuality linked to a homosexual prostitute ring. That is absurd because a homosexual ring needs participants that are not exempt. God seeing time the same as man is another drug filled mind fantasy. The Bible is about salvation and not about science, anthropology or military tactics.... Get it yet? Is this so hard to comprehend? The bottom line and I’m guilty of being sinner since birth... Be on your knees for an answer. Then post. As far as the witness tapes, some evangelists promising money laughter here, have to start you thinking…. Be truthful to Christ and his sacrifice then talk about the limitations of God = and there are none.

Oak

You might try going at it a bit differently. Because your post does not make any sense at all. The first two paragraphs are totally unclear as to what point you are trying to get across. As for the third, homosexuality does have prostitutes within it, just as the heterosexual world does, so absurd? Not so much.

The Bible is about salvation, yes, primarily, but that does not negate the fact that it also talks about science, anthropology, military tactics, etc., it just does not deal with these things in minute detail. Every subject that one could name is discussed, in some way in the Bible, so your statement is false.

TO Oak.

I to find that I am confused over this post. After reading this post, my mind recalled a statement my dear grandmother use to tell me when I was a child. "Dennis don't be like a reed in the wind, that is blown here and there by the wind". In todays world, there are lots of things being said about every subject matter one can think of. After looking at them closely I have found most to be nothing but wind, blowing most Christians here and there. Like reeds we allow yourselves to be shaken with every wind!

My heart feels heavy over your openning statement of "I don’t like being on the outside but this is where I find myself. " Are you a member of the Body of Christ? If you are, then I can assure you that you are not on the outside.

May Chist lead you sir, may the Holy Spirit give you clarity of thought in all that you do.

In Christain Love: Dennis

Edited by OldShep

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Well, to a degree, I agree. I tried to make a synopsis of the many topics on the board and it reads poorly. To make it clearer in the first paragraph, I was trying to express that morals are getting out of hand. The unbelievers have more to say than the belivers and that strikes me as strange. Plus the foundation of Christianity is being ignored for a more watered down version of Christianity. 2nd paragraph: An example of the confusion on the boards. In the case of saved by grace why can't works be incorporated as part of the expression of concern that comes with being saved. 3rd Paragraph: A continuation of some theories put forth on the boards. One was that homosexuality in itself is not wrong, it's all the fault of male prostitutes ( a true opinion given). Then another claim is God see's time like man. This is again a ridiculous position. Lastly though the Bible touches on many aspects of life but it can only be truly understood as a book of faith that opens the road to salvation. Ortherwise I don't understand why one would read it.

Finally sorry for the loosely put together post. It was an experiment that didn't go to well. I hope this clarification will help somewhat. I will not experiment with style again, I promise. I am not James Joyce.

Oak

I think I get what your saying Oak, there is so much division in the body over doctrinal and theological dictates there seem to be no one of 'once accord'. Worldly morals are out of hand and yes I see that in some churches morality is confused, short skirts, tank tops in worship service, men in shorts and tshirts appear at worship cuz they didn't want to have to change their clothes so the can go straight to playing ball after services. There is a mixed up watered down version many grew up with or that the youth are learning yet we were warned that would happen if we didn't guard ourselves and teach our children His ways.

And grace and works or deeds go hand in hand, if someone has given one a pardon, a stay of execution for ones crimes and covers you will His mercy why wouldn't a person want to go and do what He says we are to do? The word 'works' seems to frighten people into thinking they are actually working for their salvation, something I don't agree with. Messiah said we would do greater works than He if we have the trust to step out and do them.

shalom,

Mizz