Isaiah 6:8

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

I wrote out a long winded post concerning why money itself is evil only to come to the conclusion that nothing in and of itself within the creation is evil except the entities that have the ability to choose to place themselves before God and act contrary to his character in any given situation or circumstance.

Just as Adam and Eve mistakenly perceived their nakedness to be evil and sought to cover up that which they perceived to be evil when the evil was inside of them, money and the need for it is basically an attempt to work around the evil within each and every one of us. When evil is put away gold will no longer be currency but pavement and so it is that the need for something to be considered to have personal value unto me that more important to me than your needs being met is where the evil lies.

1Cr 13:4 Charity (love) suffereth long, [and] is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

1Cr 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

In a people ruled by love there is no need for money. In a people ruled by law money is a ready answer.

Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

God is Love.

Who do we serve? Love or Money? We cannot serve both.

If we are blessed with hard work, success, and give to the Lord's work... Are we serving money? Or are we being instruments in God's hand for a blessing to others?

God bless,

GE

If we keep excess are we not presuming upon God that our lives will continue into tomorrow when God has clearly said to us

Mt 6:19-21

19 "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;

20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break

in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

NKJV

and if we realize the system here is not there and yet we can utilize the stuff now, in obedience to His Word, to transform into eternal keeping... why

would we be found with the excess of the worthless? Unless we are deceived by it and proving deceitfulness is truly within it! Love, Steven

Interesting... I agree we are to lay up treasures in Heaven. Is there a difference between presuming to live tomorrow and being pro-active in preparing for the future? So what do you think about this passage?

Proverbs 13:22

A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children, but the sinner's wealth is laid up for the righteous.

Proverbs 21:20

Precious treasure and oil are in a wise man's dwelling, but a foolish man devours it.

Curious if you believe one should set aside some money for a rainy day or an emergency?

God bless,

GE

I agree it is an assumption people bartered/traded... So if there was not a way to barter/trade how do you propose things were run?

Well the garden was tree to mouth... then expulsion... Then flood no mention of riches then eight people and their generations.

So... How do you propose all those generations traded items or acquired different things? Curious.

With no biblical backing, I would suggest the value was determined on the need. If I needed a bowl, and you had five, you would consider the value of your bowl less then I would, unless you knew my need. I imagine shrewd bargaining was part of the time, not letting the other person know your needs when trading.

I agree. :thumbsup: Shrewd bargaining and basic supply/demand would probably be what I would imagine determined the value/need.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,377
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Interesting... I agree we are to lay up treasures in Heaven. Is there a difference between presuming to live tomorrow and being pro-active in preparing for the future? So what do you think about this passage?

Proverbs 13:22

A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children, but the sinner's wealth is laid up for the righteous.

Proverbs 21:20

Precious treasure and oil are in a wise man's dwelling, but a foolish man devours it.

Curious if you believe one should set aside some money for a rainy day or an emergency?

God bless,
GE
Again we are at a place where you and I have spoken of before! I have detailed to you that there is a definite division in OT and NT
and that being the Revelation of God! When we, in these last of days with the fullness of God's communication to man, are held in a more
accountable place then when it was not as OT delivers...
Lk 12:48
48 But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few.

For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has
been committed, of him they will ask the more.
NKJV

So to regress to the OT to justify a NT life is an error indeed! This all said that you may understand the spirit of my answer to you...

I believe that if you have family that you must provide for that family but there is even an intensity here
1 Co 7:29-31
29 But this I say, brethren, the time is short, so that from now on even those who have wives
should be as though they had none, 30 those who weep as though they did not weep, those
who rejoice as though they did not rejoice, those who buy as though they did not possess,
31 and those who use this world as not misusing it. For the form of this world is passing away.
NKJV

as this way seems difficult only due to the influence of the system we are in...

But as my family 'IS' the same as God's I can give all my daily resource to them with out worry of self
as my care is My Father's job in Heaven!
Mt 6:31-34
31 "Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'
32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day
is its own trouble.
NKJV

this was The Son's Words to us while living here! You do realize the system hated Him because He was
teaching Israel to rely upon God and not this world or the system the world was presenting them!

This freedom also allows His Light to shine out of me to a darkened world that makes this life everything!
I am unburdened with death or worry for this life- so my freedom is real! The suffering of lack by not keeping
money comes often to me by The system I am in yet I realize that it is only the darkness of the system trying
to keep me from this obedience
Col 3:1-4
3 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is,
sitting at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.
3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ who is our life
appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.
NKJV

Love, Steven

Again we are at a place where you and I have spoken of before! I have detailed to you that there is a definite division in OT and NT

and that being the Revelation of God! When we, in these last of days with the fullness of God's communication to man, are held in a more

Love, Steven

Enoob, I agree we shouldn't be burdened with worry in this world.

Matthew 6:34

So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Philippians 4:6

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

And yes God is our ultimate Provider... He owns the cattle on a thousand hills...

Matthew 7:11

If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!

Philippians 4:19

And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 50:10-12

For every beast of the forest is Mine, the cattle on a thousand hills. I know every bird of the mountains, and everything that moves in the field is Mine. If I were hungry I would not tell you, for the world is Mine, and all it contains.

Yet I'm of the belief that one should save for an emergency brother. :thumbsup: But emergencies will and do happen. The car breaks down, the refrigerator (or stove, washer/dryer, etc.) needs to replaced, the roof needs repairs or replacement, the AC unit needs to be fixed, unexpected medical bills are incurred, etc. To me, not having an emergency fund and saving for a rainy day would be irresponsible.

Proverbs 21:5

The plans of the diligent lead surely to advantage, but everyone who is hasty comes surely to poverty.

Proverbs 22:3

The prudent sees the evil and hides himself, but the naive go on, and are punished for it.

Proverbs 27:12

A prudent man sees evil and hides himself, the naive proceed and pay the penalty.

Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise. Without having any chief, officer, or ruler, she prepares her bread in summer and gathers her food in harvest.

Proverbs 30:24-25

Four things are small on the earth, but they are exceedingly wise: The ants are not a strong people, but they prepare their food in the summer;

Perhaps we are closer in our thought process than I thought. I'll have to dive into the Word more to better understand your position.

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,377
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Love, Steven

Enoob, I agree we shouldn't be burdened with worry in this world.

Matthew 6:34

So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Philippians 4:6

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

And yes God is our ultimate Provider... He owns the cattle on a thousand hills...

Matthew 7:11

If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!

Philippians 4:19

And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 50:10-12

For every beast of the forest is Mine, the cattle on a thousand hills. I know every bird of the mountains, and everything that moves in the field is Mine. If I were hungry I would not tell you, for the world is Mine, and all it contains.

Yet I'm of the belief that one should save for an emergency brother. :thumbsup: But emergencies will and do happen. The car breaks down, the refrigerator (or stove, washer/dryer, etc.) needs to replaced, the roof needs repairs or replacement, the AC unit needs to be fixed, unexpected medical bills are incurred, etc. To me, not having an emergency fund and saving for a rainy day would be irresponsible.

Proverbs 21:5

The plans of the diligent lead surely to advantage, but everyone who is hasty comes surely to poverty.

Proverbs 22:3

The prudent sees the evil and hides himself, but the naive go on, and are punished for it.

Proverbs 27:12

A prudent man sees evil and hides himself, the naive proceed and pay the penalty.

Proverbs 6:6-8

Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise. Without having any chief, officer, or ruler, she prepares her bread in summer and gathers her food in harvest.

Proverbs 30:24-25

Four things are small on the earth, but they are exceedingly wise: The ants are not a strong people, but they prepare their food in the summer;

Perhaps we are closer in our thought process than I thought. I'll have to dive into the Word more to better understand your position.

God bless,

GE

Because the flesh is my enemy and the deceitfulness within riches ... I would rather live as much as possible outside their influence

by keeping them from me! I have counted the cost of suffering but am assured of my path by the temptations Christ endured by totally separating

Himself from worldly reliance and placing Himself 100% into The Fathers care! Love, Steven

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I wrote out a long winded post concerning why money itself is evil only to come to the conclusion that nothing in and of itself within the creation is evil except the entities that have the ability to choose to place themselves before God and act contrary to his character in any given situation or circumstance.

Just as Adam and Eve mistakenly perceived their nakedness to be evil and sought to cover up that which they perceived to be evil when the evil was inside of them, money and the need for it is basically an attempt to work around the evil within each and every one of us. When evil is put away gold will no longer be currency but pavement and so it is that the need for something to be considered to have personal value unto me that more important to me than your needs being met is where the evil lies.

1Cr 13:4 Charity (love) suffereth long, [and] is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

1Cr 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

In a people ruled by love there is no need for money. In a people ruled by law money is a ready answer.

Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

God is Love.

Who do we serve? Love or Money? We cannot serve both.

If we are blessed with hard work, success, and give to the Lord's work... Are we serving money? Or are we being instruments in God's hand for a blessing to others?

God bless,

GE

Could be either. I cannot judge. God looks on the heart.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  73
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

My problem is I can't keep the money once i get it. I tend to spend it because it burns a hole in my pocket. I don't have much responsibilities other then paying my car note and insurance. But I feel like i will forever be stuck in my parents house because I don't take responsibility for what I do owe. On the other hand, I don't have a job. I have no money coming in to even pay down my student loans so I can go back to school. I have hospital bills like you wouldn't believe. I am just at a stand still right now. Is the money the root of all evil? Sometimes I believe it is! People these days think they are owed something from other people or the government. I don't think that way. My problem is I can't keep a job. My best friend had to be put in a Christian shelter that will help her get the skills she needs to work on the outside world. She is 32 and has never worked a day in her life. Granted she is bipolar with high anxiety issues. But she has never been taught how to take care of herself. The only difference between her and I is that I've been working since I was 16. I have a problem keeping jobs because of my bipolar and do not have the education needed to make more money to be able to pay off the bills that I have.

Thoughts on this article?

• Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

To wrap up, I believe all Christians should manage their money wisely. If they do, by the nature of how money works they will eventually become wealthy. That is to say if you spend less than you make and save money, and do not ever get into debt you will eventually become wealthy. This is not chasing riches, this is not making money the center of your life, this is slowly over time with wisdom and hard work managing the money the Lord has given to you and increasing it, just like the good steward. With this money you can then turn around and sew it into the kingdom, and be a blessing. To have wealth, just to be wealthy is putting your money where God should be is most definitely wrong. To have God at the center of your heart, and have HIs wealth to manage to take care of your family, and to give, is a wonderful thing and something many in the Church today are missing. Too many babies are being tossed out with the bathwater on this one.

-----------------------------------------------------------

One doesn't need money to sow into the kingdom.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Yes I know. However since the topic is money I speak of it. Sadly many many christians do not sew into the kingdom at all in any way shape or form. 

• Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Hi Steven. I feel as if you did not really read what I posted, and feel that you have ignored the scripture I posted and the context in which I posted it. I am going to ask if you can reread my post and consider it. I am not going to reply anymore as i care more as keeping you as a brother and a friend then being right. The only reason I tried to debate with you is that I do have a rapport with you, and I felt as if you may listen to what I had to say as you have at other times. This time has proved to not be one of those times so I do not want to push and debate with you as much as discuss. I am going to post my summery one more time.

To wrap up, I believe all Christians should manage their money wisely. If they do, by the nature of how money works they will eventually become wealthy. That is to say if you spend less than you make and save money, and do not ever get into debt you will eventually become wealthy. This is not chasing riches, this is not making money the center of your life, this is slowly over time with wisdom and hard work managing the money the Lord has given to you and increasing it, just like the good steward. With this money you can then turn around and sew it into the kingdom, and be a blessing. To have wealth, just to be wealthy is putting your money where God should be is most definitely wrong. To have God at the center of your heart, and have HIs wealth to manage to take care of your family, and to give, is a wonderful thing and something many in the Church today are missing. Too many babies are being tossed out with the bathwater on this one. 

All we have comes from God. All our money, our basic needs, everything and we are called to be Managers of the money. So no, you should never be wealthy. This would mean it was OUR money, however it is GOD's MONEY, he owns it, we simply MANAGE it, and many mismanage it. The word is clear, those who manage well will be given more to manage. Most would see this as wealthy, however its just a greater responsibility. 

I came to this conclusion by studying my Bible using this method of study. 

I believe it to be the most accurate method of study.