• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Anyway, I think I have gotten my point across. :P

By the way, I found out today that SJ and I are in agreement, and it took many posts to find that out. I think I have typed enough on this subject today.

God Bless you all. :P

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

wow, we are killing another dead horse, and running around in circles.....

those that do not want women preaching or teaching are not going to bend, and those that say it is ok to allow women to preach and teach are not going to bend...

i have seen many arguments on both sides.....

if you feel that God says DONT SPREAD MY WORD, then dont preach it....

if you feel that God says TAKE MY WORD TO ALL THE EARTH, then go ahead and preach it....

I have seen men that preached, and women that preached, and I have seen where they all were effective and were in submission to the LORD.....

some say a woman can preach if her husband is with her..... wow, but what if she has no husband????

I know of one lady that was a single police officer and spent many years on the force until the Lord told her that it was time for her to change jobs, and take His Word and share it with others..... she became a pastor, and preached the Word of God, and laid it down.... she was hired unnanomously..... she preached the truth, and there were some that didnt like what she said, one of them even assulted her with his fist, a police officer seen it, and filed the charges, she petitioned the court to drop the charges, and then this guy started harrassing her, until he got her fired ( fired against the church rules and bylaws as how she was to be fired ... false allegations and such ) anyways, this woman preached against this mans peticular activities, of making money anyway he can, cheating anyone and everyone he can, and well, using the church for a cover...... she preached the truth.... the pastor they had previous to her was a "make me feel good " preaching pastor and he is male........

if it makes the congregation feel good, the congregation kept them on.....

I say if a woman has a gift for preaching, let her preach and spread the Word of God.... that is what we are all told to do anyways.... SPREAD THE WORD OF GOD.... not warm a pew.... we are suppose to be active in sharing the Gosple with the entire world, not warming a pew saying that it is the calling for another person to do and then dictating who is and isnt """"QUALIFIED""""

God does not call the Qualified.....

God Qualifies the called........

do as we are told to do, and spread the Word....

mike

again, i say,

those that do not want women preaching or teaching are not going to bend, and those that say it is ok to allow women to preach and teach are not going to bend...

if you feel that God says TAKE MY WORD TO ALL THE EARTH, then go ahead and preach it....

I have seen men that preached, and women that preached, and I have seen where they all were effective and were in submission to the LORD.....

some say a woman can preach if her husband is with her..... wow, but what if she has no husband????

I know of one lady that was a single police officer and spent many years on the force until the Lord told her that it was time for her to change jobs, and take His Word and share it with others..... she became a pastor, and preached the Word of God, and laid it down.... she was hired unnanomously..... she preached the truth, and there were some that didnt like what she said, one of them even assulted her with his fist, a police officer seen it, and filed the charges, she petitioned the court to drop the charges, and then this guy started harrassing her, until he got her fired ( fired against the church rules and bylaws as how she was to be fired ... false allegations and such ) anyways, this woman preached against this mans peticular activities, of making money anyway he can, cheating anyone and everyone he can, and well, using the church for a cover...... she preached the truth.... the pastor they had previous to her was a "make me feel good " preaching pastor and he is male........

I say if a woman has a gift for preaching, let her preach and spread the Word of God.... that is what we are all told to do anyways.... SPREAD THE WORD OF GOD.... not warm a pew.... we are suppose to be active in sharing the Gosple with the entire world, not warming a pew saying that it is the calling for another person to do and then dictating who is and isnt """"QUALIFIED""""

mike

again, i say,

you said that so well

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  557
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  09/21/1976

thank you all for your response.  But is it shown where these women actually went out teaching or preaching the word? Or does it show them in supportive roles.  Remember back then men wwere noot so  enlightened so to speak and a woman did not have much authority over her own  life let alone others.

Please take a look at my last 6 posts, this explains God's perfect will, and sometimes the reason women also preach, or teach the Good News, the perfect will of God stands strong, God wants men to preach, and teach, and the women are to be in faith working by love in more of a supportive part of faith working by love, then a part that has authority in teachings all of God's Word.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

mike

again, i say,

This thread is not about PREACHING it is about PASTORING. If I might give an example. Elisabeth Elliot went to the Amazon jungle after her husband had been murdered and PREACHED to the tribes the gospel of Jesus Christ. When a man arose from the tribes HE became the PASTOR and Elisabeth herself submitted to his authority, never once looking to exercise authortity over any man of the tribe. Truly a godly woman.

LT

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

mike

again, i say,

This thread is not about PREACHING it is about PASTORING. If I might give an example. Elisabeth Elliot went to the Amazon jungle after her husband had been murdered and PREACHED to the tribes the gospel of Jesus Christ. When a man arose from the tribes HE became the PASTOR and Elisabeth herself submitted to his authority, never once looking to exercise authortity over any man of the tribe. Truly a godly woman.

LT

Larry nailed it right here. People often times put words in our mouths and say that if we forbid a woman to pastor then we must also believe a woman cannot teach. I have been away, but someone posted a question to me along the lines of how can I believe a woman can teach when Paul instructs her to be quiet in church and not to teach over a man.

First, to 1 Corinthians. When Paul says women are to be quiet in church and ask their husbands any questions they might have, Paul is attempt to solidify that the husband should be the authority which the woman seeks. Instead of going to a deacon, or an elder and asking them a question on the Bible, they should instead seek their husbands knowledge.

In 1 Timothy Paul says that he does not permit a woman to teach OVER a man. What this indicates is that a man should not be mentored or trained by a woman...unless of course that woman is his mom and he's under the age of adulthood or understanding.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

First, to 1 Corinthians. When Paul says women are to be quiet in church and ask their husbands any questions they might have, Paul is attempt to solidify that the husband should be the authority which the woman seeks. Instead of going to a deacon, or an elder and asking them a question on the Bible, they should instead seek their husbands knowledge.

And if the women that are godly would do this maybe the lazy husbands might be motivated to do the studying that is required of them.

LT

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

And if the women that are godly would do this maybe the lazy husbands might be motivated to do the studying that is required of them.

LT

oooo, good point.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  745
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  09/27/1976

mike

again, i say,

LT

Actually, Larry, I do agree with what this missionary woman did, and I would probably do the same. :laugh:

Larry nailed it right here. People often times put words in our mouths and say that if we forbid a woman to pastor then we must also believe a woman cannot teach. I have been away, but someone posted a question to me along the lines of how can I believe a woman can teach when Paul instructs her to be quiet in church and not to teach over a man.

This too, I think you have the right application of the passage here. :D

Edited to Add: yes, as I said before I do preach in my church, but under the authority of 1. God and 2. the senior pastor (who happens to be a man) and other leaders in the church and my husbands approval.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  706
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

What about single Women ministers?