IGNORED

Woman Who Killed Infant Freed by Canada’s Pro-Abortion Law

nebula

Stepping

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. 1 John 2:15-17

On Down

And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. Matthew 24:12

~

.... Us pro-choice people got bashed for not demonstrating the value of human life.... but what specifically should have been different to better show the sanctity of life, a more appropriate sentence, and what measures taken to ensure this doesn't happen again....

Murder

Moreover thou hast taken thy sons and thy daughters, whom thou hast borne unto me, and these hast thou sacrificed unto them to be devoured. Is this of thy whoredoms a small matter, That thou hast slain my children, and delivered them to cause them to pass through the fire for them? Ezekiel 16:20-21

And The Scent Of Death

But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death. Proverbs 8:36

Or Jesus

Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. 1 Peter 1:22-23

And The Heart Of Love

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. Ezekiel 36:26-27

It's Your Choice

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

What really concerns me is that other women in the same situation will do the same. 3 months in prison is nothing compared with the responsibilities and heart ache that parenthood will bring.

How many of us went into agony on seeing our kids suffer. The guilt of not been able to provide for them. The heart ache when our beloved child is mistreated by a spouse. The pain in seeing they making wrong choices, sometimes the same wrong choices that we made and there is absolutely nothing that we can do about.

Killing and infant without punishment is taking the easy way out, many. many will follow.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  3

Clearly that woman should have been sentenced to death. Abortion is murder and killing a baby AFTER it is born is without question murder. If there are those who feel it is odd to condemn murder while justifying capital punishment, I remind you that it actually was GOD HIMSELF that required blood for blood and CREATED capital punishment in scripture.

It's obvious, though, that she knew very well that what she was doing was wrong, regardless of how "stressed" she was. She hid not only the pregnancy, but the birth and then the body. This demonstrates a conscious knowledge that she was committing a crime and a desire to not get caught.

I believe that "mitigating factors" should be considered in any legal case. I do not think those factors should be used to excuse the crime committed. And that is becoming a more and more popular trend. Shame on the court system for buying into the "Twinkie" defense.

Winsomebulldog,

I read your post with interest and must say I agree with many of your sentiments, but I can't agree with your conclusion. I have two objections.

The first objection is that neither of us is familiar with all the evidence that led this judge to her verdict. Until we have all the relevant information neither of us should pass judgement. A mother killing her own child is offensive, and if I had all the evidence I might find myself in agreement with you, but I don't know all the details and unless I am mistaken neither do you.

The second disagreement I have with your conclusion is your claim that this mother had the presence of mind to hide the body. She did not. She tossed the corpse over the fence into the neighbors yard! What a stupid thing to do! She made no attempt to hide the murder. She left the body in plain site in the neighbors yard. She either was very clever and had the presence of mind to act as if disconnected from reality or she really was out of it. If no one knew she was pregnant she could have taken the body to a wooded ravine, buried it, and no one would have been the wiser. It seems to me she was not in her right mind at the time of the killing.

THERE IS NEVER AN EXCUSE FOR MURDER, PERIOD. No defense of her actions is good.

Clearly that woman should have been sentenced to death.

Well, at least no one rushed up and gave you a high-five. What would you call that type of execution? Revenge killing?

Abortion is murder...

Abortion is not murder. There, I gave my opinion and you gave yours. Abortion is a very sensitive issue, especially on a Christian based web site. People are prone to get very emotional. Let's walk away from this -- unless you want to start a new thread, or open an old one? I haven't looked, but I imagine there are already several threads on the topic.

... and killing a baby AFTER it is born is without question murder.

Agreed. I just don't believe a punishment of death is merited for every case (we might come up with a scenario in which I'd agree that execution is justified). My complaint of your position is that you appear not to be interested in looking at the circumstances of the case, or have I misjudged you? Perhaps you have examined the circumstances of this case in minute detail (which would be required of one recommending a death sentence) and are only now, after long deliberation, passing judgement?

If there are those who feel it is odd to condemn murder while justifying capital punishment, I remind you that it actually was GOD HIMSELF that required blood for blood and CREATED capital punishment in scripture.

Exodus 21:23-25: "life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound...." So would you have had this 19 year old girl strangled? She did strangle her newborn.

It's always puzzled me that when atheists point to the often harsh and barbaric laws found in the Old Testament we are often told that Christians were freed from the Mosaic laws by Jesus. They don't apply anymore. Then inevitably someone always turns around and cites Old Testament law to backup their views. So you, Taylor, in pointing out that "GOD HIMSELF ... required blood for blood and CREATED capital punishment in scripture" were you thinking of this passage from Exodus? What do you think of Exodus 22:18? "Thou shall not suffer a witch to live." Is Exodus 21 valid but Exodus 22 negated? Where do you stand?

Anyone else feel free to chime in because I really am at a loss to understand why Christians quote some Old Testament passages as valid while claiming others no longer apply. It would be much easier for me if someone were to come up with a comprehensive list of Old Testament passages that the "New Covenant" makes invalid.

If this is a sensitive subject, GOOD. We have grown too heartless about things like this. Jesus himself was only too willing to be offensive, so why should we do any different. Abortion is DEFINITELY murder. Even scripture declares it so. The Bible talks about people before they are born. A writer said God knew him before he was even born, and even knitted him together in his mother's womb. Even in the old testament, there was a punishment for killing an unborn baby, LONG BEFORE women's rights. Absolutely she should have been exected for the murder. Why is life for life a revenge when God created it and called it Justice? No clever words can change these simple facts. If you want to claim that certain laws are done away with in the new testament, I assume you can show the scriptures that claim we are no longer supposed to obey them. I do believe SOME laws were done away with, but by no means all of them. For those who think God did away with the law, please show scripture to back it up. Then we can all do what we want if there is no laws.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

I'll cast the first stone!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

I'll cast the first stone!

"Let him who is without sin cast the first stone..."

What message are you sending Babbler? I presume you are casting a vote. Where do you stand?

So we should all look the other way. This woman put her child on the ground and put her hands around its throat and began to squeeze tighter and tighter and watched the life in the baby extinquish. By some viewpoints I am left to believe that punishing her is more evil than the act that she commited. This is not an act of adultery, this is infanticide.

I'll cast the first stone! Can I make it any clearer. This is the message I prefer to send rather than the liberal message that it is OK. I prefer to reserve my compassion for the child not the murderous Mom.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Bring back the death penalty in Canada - and in every U.S. State - for premeditated murder of any human being. Those who do not respect innocent human life deserve to forfeit their own. The death penalty in the Holy Bible has never yet been rescinded - that is, unless the Obama Administration in Washington has surreptitiously abolished it via presidential edict.