• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

Its me alien asking again for prayer. There are so very many things trying to pull me down at this time. The latest blow was a letter from my church saying that since I have not been attending (I have been working Sun. and Wed. for the past 2 yrs and I have a small part time job on Mon& Tues.) They were going to remove me from the church membership unless I contacted them by 10/31/11.

I know I should be in church and am praying for a way to attend but just when I am down another kick. Shouldn't someone have called or at least made a visit?

Please pray for this denomination and my church in particular First Wesleyan. I am really hurt by this. Thanks for your continued prayer. It is sad that this is the way it is now.

Its me alien asking again for prayer. There are so very many things trying to pull me down at this time. The latest blow was a letter from my church saying that since I have not been attending (I have been working Sun. and Wed. for the past 2 yrs and I have a small part time job on Mon& Tues.) They were going to remove me from the church membership unless I contacted them by 10/31/11.

I know I should be in church and am praying for a way to attend but just when I am down another kick. Shouldn't someone have called or at least made a visit?

Please pray for this denomination and my church in particular First Wesleyan. I am really hurt by this. Thanks for your continued prayer. It is sad that this is the way it is now.

First off, don't beat yourself up over things you cannot control. :) God made the universe in 6 days, and I'm sure He knows the situation. I say this because I have spent much of my working life, in the military and out, working nights, weekends, weird shifts, and all that. Sometimes I was able to get to church. Sometimes I wasn't. There were times in the military where a few of us would get together for prayer and reading the Bible together. Church is the believers, not the building. :) I spent about 2 years going to Bible studies at one church because it was a short distance from where I worked, and was on the way -- I stopped in on the way to work. I was using the bus and a mountain bike to get around because I can't afford a car in a city that's built around them. Its not easy, but the Lord provided a way to find some fellowship.

I attended that church for several years, but they went seeker friendly and watered down the Gospel, so I had to go elsewhere. It took about a year and a half to find another church that still teaches the Bible . . . it was not easy to find.

Now, as far as that church goes: Has anyone contacted you at all in the 2 years you've been unable to attend? If not, shake off the dust and start looking for another church. Sounds harsh? Think about it. If no one from that church has visited, called, emailed, or otherwise tried to contact you, I would take it as a sign than maybe the Lord has somewhere else for you to be. If no one has contacted you, they probably thought you had moved or something anyway.

Look for a Bible Study or some other meeting that you might be able to go to -- it doesn't have to be a worship service. Many churches have studies and other activities during the week. There are several in my area that have things going on Friday and Saturday nights. Have a go at a University campus for some Bible Study groups, or try SermonAudio.com's Local Church Finder (there's a link on their home page) and see what's in your area. That's how I found the church I'm going to now -- I literally found it while looking for another church in the same area. Also, try the Calvary Chapel Church Finder and see if there's one in your area. Don't make the mistake of restricting your search to only one denomination . . . let the Lord lead you where He wants you.

Above all else, don't give up. :thumbsup: Stay in the Word and Prayer. There's still Chat, also. :)

Hope this helps.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

Once you were saved you became a member of the body of Christ. This body does not consist of denominations so feel free to worship

God where He may lead you.

I pray that God fill you with His presence and the your spirits be lifted in Him.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

Will keep you in prayer.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

Please forgive me if this sounds kind of dumb, but, have you called the church and explained the problem you are having?

I know some people in my church seem to think that the decons and Pastor can read minds and can tell when someone has a problem. We have a pastor who could spend 24/7 on the road going to people's houses, and never spend time in the House of God.

1Co 12:28 And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing, those able to help others, those with gifts of administration, and those speaking in different kinds of tongues.

1Co 12:29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles?

I can help some people, I have that gift, but, I can not read the mind of any person, I would suggest that you reach out to your borthers and sisters that are around you.

I'm one of the guys in church that keep telling people that prayers are great and actions with prayer is greater still, call your church let them know.

ICL Dennis

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

It would have been great if those at your church could have reached out and found out why you were not coming to church. Yet communication does go both ways. I know some of us get admonished if we miss fellowship due to illness and we don't contact the pastor for at least prayer for whatever is wrong. If this church is where you really wish to fellowship with then maybe you could call, send a letter or email explaining why you have been absent and ask for prayers for a change of work days so you can at least attend once a week.

I do agree though in part with OldShep, elders and deacons do have the job of keeping an eye of the flock but they are not mind readers either and also have lives that they need to live also. If you have been absent from church for 2 years then its possible they saw your name on the membership list, saw you were gone and figured they would contact you to see if you were still interested in attending that church. Please take this to Him, ask Him for direction in your life, and if you are still interested in going to this church go and talk to the pastor or someone and let them know your situation.

shalom,

Mizz

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/24/1985

What other people have been saying is true - communication goes both ways. In a perfect world they would notice your absence immediatly and see what is wrong, but as we are imperfect human beings we tend to let things slip through the cracks.

That said, it's no wonder you feel isolated when you haven't been in fellowship for two years! I understand the difficulty of needing to work when they want you to work - however perhaps you could be a part of a bible study on a free night, or something like that until your situation changes?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Praying. Its hard I know the feeling do to some issues with my home church before, then I moved to a different country and still have not found a home church . Fortunately I have found a good place to fellowship, that has kept me going and growing. That is her at worthy!