IGNORED

Am I saved?

Guest whatistruth

Guest idied2
    :unsure: What are you saying ?  ^_^

Salvation is not complete until the promise has been received.

In CHRIST JESUS :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

Guest idied2
That's what I was afraid you were gonna say  Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but let me clear something up for you real fast. Salvation [ can ] start(s) TODAY, not at some point in the future...

Never even meant to imply that Bob. You are so right on that. Today is the acceptable day.

In CHRIST JESUS :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

I really wish that people who disagree on a doctrine like this would quit misrepresenting the opposite position to support their own.

I'm not misrepresenting it. I'm showing you the consequences of it and the logical problems in it.

It is obvious that you don't understand the opposite position.

Nobody here has said anything about works.

Faith is what saves us. Read 1 Timmy. Faith is later rejectable.

It is obvious that you don't understand the opposite position.

Nobody here has said anything about works.

You are right Jake....but sadly, no matter how many times you say it or how many different ways you try to explain the truth, there are those who will keep saying that if one believes that UES is not biblical, they must therefore believe that salvation is by works...how many times has this topic come & gone and never gets anywhere because there are those who choose to remain blinded. Anyway, I'm not gonna get too deep into this debate again. But I did want to say I agree with your assesment -

I really wish that people who disagree on a doctrine like this would quit misrepresenting the opposite position to support their own.

If they'd get off that for a minute ( misrepresenting the "other side" ) maybe they'd see it for how it really is ? :shocked:

God bless,

Bob

I don't believe in OSAS and I have never felt more secure in my relationship with Christ.

My security comes from the Holy Spirit, not from a doctrine that says I can live like the devil and still remain a Christian.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  03/28/1950

Hello Dime.

I was going to say that all sides misrepresent the others. After all there are some that call Calvin a murderer.

If a person believes that he can reject his salvation, regardless of all the implications, then is that a work?

I don't think it is. I think it is wrong but it is not a work.

If faith is later rejectable what happens to the forgiveness of your sins then Dime? Are they added back to your account or do you start afresh in clocking up some wrath?

Bob.

If they'd get off that for a minute ( misrepresenting the "other side" ) maybe they'd see it for how it really is ?

I for instance call everyone an Arminian who doubt any one of the five points of Calvinism. I believe they are into works but they do not think they are Arminian, they call themselves something else or nothing at all. I often tar those with the same brush.

Dime.

My security comes from the Holy Spirit, not from a doctrine that says I can live like the devil and still remain a Christian.

That is unbelievable.

johnp.

I don't believe in OSAS and I have never felt more secure in my relationship with Christ.

Same here bro :shocked: It wasn't until I dumped some man made doctrine and accepted the Bible as it is and how God intended it to be that I truely found security. What an awesome feeling when you trust GOD over man.

And sadly, no matter how much one argues, it often comes right down to that fact. Jude 4 comes to mind here....

God bless,

Bob

Hello Dime.

I was going to say that all sides misrepresent the others. After all there are some that call Calvin a murderer.

We will never know, will we.

If a person believes that he can reject his salvation, regardless of all the implications, then is that a work?

Is faith a "work?" I mean a Biblically-defined saving faith, not a head knowledge.

I don't think it is. I think it is wrong but it is not a work.

If faith is later rejectable what happens to the forgiveness of your sins then Dime? Are they added back to your account or do you start afresh in clocking up some wrath?

You can call me Jake by the way. :wacko:

Let's face the facts. First Timothy is filled with references to people who rejected the faith. Even John 6:66 says that many of Jesus' disciples turned away and followed him no more.

Dime.

That is unbelievable.

I don't understand what you are saying. :shocked:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  03/28/1950

Dime.

I don't understand what you are saying.

You are misrepresenting others. Who has made this claim? Who has said they can live like the Devil?

You have just said that this should not be done and you do it again.

johnp.